What's new

Pakistan UAVs News & Discussions

As per GIDS site shahpar's endurance is ~ 7 hours that's just 50% of falco, plus the falco has 40% more payload. One can't say it's not much of a difference, that's quite a lot of difference.

Considering that most missions usually last about 6 hours, and that 7 hour mark is with maximum payload, I'd have to disagree. The payload and the endurance doesn't make much of a difference in the long run, simply because they're both surveillance drones and the payload on them will be minimal at best. These differences only matter if we're taking about a hunter/killer drone.

While you could make the argument that surveillance drones need a higher endurance, that's not necessarily true, like I mentioned previously, their missions usually end before their expected endurance limit. Also keep in mind that the higher the payload on the drone is, the harder it is to keep it in the air, thus it takes away a lot of the endurance time. It's kind of like a car, if you fill the car with furniture, you'll find yourself running out of gas quicker than if the car was empty.

Considering that most missions usually last about 6 hours, and that 7 hour mark is with maximum payload, I'd have to disagree. The payload and the endurance doesn't make much of a difference in the long run, simply because they're both surveillance drones and the payload on them will be minimal at best. These differences only matter if we're taking about a hunter/killer drone.

While you could make the argument that surveillance drones need a higher endurance, that's not necessarily true, like I mentioned previously, their missions usually end before their expected endurance limit. Also keep in mind that the higher the payload on the drone is, the harder it is to keep it in the air, thus it takes away a lot of the endurance time. It's kind of like a car, if you fill the car with furniture, you'll find yourself running out of gas quicker than if the car was empty.

Bhai it does matter. How did you come to the conclusion that "most missions take 6 hours" can you cite some study? The fact of the matter is the longer the UAV can loiter the more intelligence it can gather. Plus, the payload matters because one can put heavier(better) and multiple sensors on the craft, for instance, electro-optical, esm and even SAR all at once, or of more capabilities.

Bhai it does matter. How did you come to the conclusion that "most missions take 6 hours" can you cite some study? The fact of the matter is the longer the UAV can loiter the more intelligence it can gather. Plus, the payload matters because one can put heavier(better) and multiple sensors on the craft, for instance, electro-optical, esm and even SAR all at once, or of more capabilities.

This is common knowledge, look through the forum if you want some answers.

During the Swat operation, uavs were used to map out the area and give live feed, but most of them were only in the air for 4-6 hours at most. Keep in mind that it was the Falco that was used, so the extra time was not used at all.

Just because a UAV can hang around the air for a long time, doesn't mean that you'll be getting useful information, in fact, it's not cost effective at all.

As for the payload, you're talking about loaded weight, not empty weight. Most UAVs come with all you'll need to operate them effectively, and whatever is listed is simply empty weight. The empty weight is for anything extra you might want to put on, but in the end, it's not a necessity.

Look, don't argue with me, I've been doing this for a long long time.

This is common knowledge, look through the forum if you want some answers.

During the Swat operation, uavs were used to map out the area and give live feed, but most of them were only in the air for 4-6 hours at most. Keep in mind that it was the Falco that was used, so the extra time was not used at all.

Just because a UAV can hang around the air for a long time, doesn't mean that you'll be getting useful information, in fact, it's not cost effective at all.

As for the payload, you're talking about loaded weight, not empty weight. Most UAVs come with all you'll need to operate them effectively, and whatever is listed is simply empty weight. The empty weight is for anything extra you might want to put on, but in the end, it's not a necessity.

Look, don't argue with me, I've been doing this for a long long time.

First my friend, nobody is arguing, it's a discussion forum and we are discussing and all of us enthusiasts are doing it for a VERY long time, with due respect don't, if you are talking about being a defence enthusiast then with due respect don't assume you are the only one.

Your assertion that endurance is not useful goes against the whole trend of UAV development, with developers striving for longer endurance in improved versions, for instance, falco evo has an increased endurance of 18 hour.

As for payload, I was neither talking about mtow or empty weight, I was talking about the payload weight, i.e., the weight of equipment (sensors) it can lift.

First my friend, nobody is arguing, it's a discussion forum and we are discussing and all of us enthusiasts are doing it for a VERY long time, with due respect don't, if you are talking about being a defence enthusiast then with due respect don't assume you are the only one.

Your assertion that endurance is not useful goes against the whole trend of UAV development, with developers striving for longer endurance in improved versions, for instance, falco evo has an increased endurance of 18 hour.

As for payload, I was neither talking about mtow or empty weight, I was talking about the payload weight, i.e., the weight of equipment (sensors) it can lift.

I never said that endurance wasn't useful, one of the foundations of UAVs is that they stay up in the air longer than manned planes.

The Falco Evo is a different type of UAV, it's a MALE UAV, whereas the Falco and Shahpar are both MAME UAVs, different categories. Most MALE UAVs are designed as such that they're able to multi role as strike platforms, which is why they tend to be bigger in size. The EVO is designed with the mindset that it will be able to carry a large payload, which includes weaponry, the Falco was clearly not designed for such things. The Shahpar is...odd as it's original design (China's CH-3) was designed to carry "the Blue Arrow 7 semi active laser guided missiles" and was a lot larger too, but as far as I know, the Shahpar is not.

If you're talking about overall payload weight, each UAV developer designs their UAVs around the payload capacity that they're looking for. The Shahpar was designed to carry a specific amount, with only a few different types of equipment, where as the Falco was designed to carry a larger variety of equipment. Even their designs show that basic difference, but has that made a difference in the battlefield? Not really, as they're both doing their job effectively.

Look, you're new, so all I'll tell you is that this info is on the forums, look through them, use the search bar if you want to know. This information exists on the forums already, because you're not the first to ask. I guess what I'm trying to tell you is that, look for the answer yourself, before you ask the question on the forums.

Combat radius/Endurance is something which all the jet makers have been striving for. May they be wright brothers or the guys working at skunk works, Lockheed Martin.

What kind of piston banger does shahpar uav use?
is it locally made or the typical lycoming/continental?

Foreign media said the Pakistani industry officials pointed out that the Chinese government is willing to sell domestically CH-3 Pakistani armed UAV, the UAV can carry two laser-guided missiles or bombs. Meanwhile, the Chinese government also wishes to Pakistan to provide more advanced CH-4 UAVs. The Chinese side expressed, CH-4 UAV and the United States "Death" unmanned aerial vehicles are very similar, can carry four laser-guided missiles or bombs.

It is reported that Pakistan has yet to buy Chinese armed drones, Pakistan has yet to verify that the performance of these drones. But well-known Pakistani UAV project, informed sources said that Pakistan in the future may still choose Chinese armed UAVs.
[ ת����Ѫ���� ÌúѪÂÛ̳ ¨C ÌúѪÉçÇø - ÌúѪÍø ]

According ** Defense Review: China launched the latest CH-4 unmanned attack aircraft, carrying four AR-1 anti-tank missiles , a range of 1,600 km, endurance time of 14 hours, which is by far, China's exports UAV attack The most powerful person capacity.

CH-4 -altitude, long-endurance UAV with four pylons, live shows can be mounted two FT-5 UAV special type precision-guided bombs and two unmanned aerial vehicles dedicated AR-1 -to-ground missiles. Installed on the belly of a photoelectric detector head and an antenna, it should be EO / IR sensor rotary antenna tower and satellite data or laser receivers; CH-4 long-endurance unmanned aerial vehicle has a payload of large, high performance reconnaissance strikes its wingspan of 18 meters overall, cruising altitude 5 km, a maximum range of 3,500 km, life time 30 hours. Command and control vehicle from the scene, the entire UAV system has high mobility, according to the battlefield a suitable site for mobile deployment, the system adaptable to the environment. CH-4 is the first in the country Airshow, better than "Predator A". Experts depth interpretation Chinese version of "Predator" CH-4 UAV

Rainbow -4 has four weapons pylons maximum range of 3,500 km

Rainbow -4 is the first in the country Airshow, better than the U.S. "Predator A". Rainbow -4 altitude of 7-8 km, the flight speed of up to 300 km / h, flight duration is more than 40 hours, you can fly continuously for two days and two nights, perform remote tasks. In terms of weapons and equipment, rainbow -4 hung beneath the front wing ground missiles and bombs, which means it is not only perform reconnaissance missions, but also to attack targets on the ground. ("Rainbow" -4 UAV airframe has increased over the rainbow -3, wingspan of 18 meters, payload, flight altitude, cruise time, has improved significantly. Truck loads up to 300 kg, cruising height of 8000 meters, stayed in the air for up to 40 hours, a maximum range of 3,500 km.

Rainbow -4 has four weapons pylons, this structure with a large active duty U.S. military unmanned attack aircraft MQ-9 Reaper similar. Rainbow -4 also be on the outermost two pylons, each carrying a weight of about 100 kg of FT-5 (FT -5) Lightweight precision-guided bombs. To judge from the mount, rainbow -4 payload at least 400 kilograms or more. In addition, according to the exhibitor presentation, rainbow -4 altitude of 7-8 km, the flight speed of up to 300 km / h, flight duration is more than 40 hours. Rainbow -4 estimates in light load conditions, combat radius may 1200 km. Rainbow -4 UAV widely used in the military field can be used for reconnaissance, surveillance and ground attack, in the civilian aspects also has good market prospects, such as the bear forest fire , meteorological surveying, marine surveying, geological prospecting and other functions. In addition, the machine can also be police, do you want to patrol the criminals to track other tasks. The Zhuhai Airshow there are several high-performance unmanned aerial vehicles, pterosaurs, Grand, etc. They are all witness the latest achievements in the field of unmanned aerial vehicles, UAVs areas gradually make our walk in front of European and American countries.

List of Pakistan Unmanned Aerial Vehicals (UAV)

UAV/UCAV II
Soaring Dragon

Besides Wing Loong, another long-range UAV called Soaring Dragon was jointly developed by 611 Institute and GAIC . This large UAV features a box/diamond wing design to increase lift while reducing drag and weight. Soaring Dragon reportedly weighs 7,500kg and has a range of 7,000km, a cruising speed of 750km/hr and a cruising altitude of 18,000m. A full-scale model (?) was built and tested at CAC in 2011. Subsequently it underwent substantial redesign based on the issues revealed during the tests. The new Soaring Dragon appears to feature several major changes. It has a smaller length and wingspan and has twin vertical tailfins slanted outwards. This gives the UAV a lower profile. Smilar to BZK-009, it has a head bulge housing a SATCOM antenna, and is likely powered by the same WS-11 turbofan engine with a dorsal air intake. Several dark fairings can be seen under the fuselage which could house EO equipment and SAR antenna. It was rumored that a Soaring Dragon prototype was built by mid-2012 and first flight took place in late 2012 at the GAIC airfield.
- Last Updated 11/6/13

Sir what does this thing have to do with Pakistan's UAV developments, we cant afford it.

@fatman17

UAV/UCAV II
Soaring Dragon

Besides Wing Loong, another long-range UAV called Soaring Dragon was jointly developed by 611 Institute and GAIC . This large UAV features a box/diamond wing design to increase lift while reducing drag and weight. Soaring Dragon reportedly weighs 7,500kg and has a range of 7,000km, a cruising speed of 750km/hr and a cruising altitude of 18,000m. A full-scale model (?) was built and tested at CAC in 2011. Subsequently it underwent substantial redesign based on the issues revealed during the tests. The new Soaring Dragon appears to feature several major changes. It has a smaller length and wingspan and has twin vertical tailfins slanted outwards. This gives the UAV a lower profile. Smilar to BZK-009, it has a head bulge housing a SATCOM antenna, and is likely powered by the same WS-11 turbofan engine with a dorsal air intake. Several dark fairings can be seen under the fuselage which could house EO equipment and SAR antenna. It was rumored that a Soaring Dragon prototype was built by mid-2012 and first flight took place in late 2012 at the GAIC airfield.
- Last Updated 11/6/13

They can prove as better MPAs then manned ones. Also the Turbo prop version of UAVs like China and may be Pakistan has also develop can keep an eye on Coast 24/7....

It is not sensible to have so many programs.
we should concentrate on few of them and develop them,

Back
Top Bottom