What's new

Pakistan, Turkey to build more warships

@Quwa

It seems Pakistan may be doubling down on Turkish naval equipment. Pakistan may have signed on to Chinese built frigates and subs, but PN may be looking towards Turkey as an alternative high-tech supplier.

What do you think?
Maybe, but there's nothing concrete yet in terms of Turkish naval warships, we're still waiting on that loan approval (assuming it hasn't been rejected already) for the MILGEM.

Invitation of Technical & Financial Proposals for Supply of Design and Material Package for Construction, Installation, HATS/SATS and Delivery of 01 X Hydrographic Survey Vessel

1. Karachi Shipyard & Engineering Works Ltd (KS&EW) intends to invite Technical & Financial Proposals from Shipbuilding Yards/Firms/Suppliers for supply of complete design, production drawings and material package, required for the construction, installation, HATs/SATs and delivery of 01 x Hydrographic Survey Vessel (not less than 1500 Tons displacement) at KS&EW under rule 36(b) of PPRA Rules-2004 i.e. “single stage – two envelope procedure”

Source:- http://www.karachishipyard.com.pk/category/tender/

I think STM & KSEW are now going to build Hydrographic Survey Vessel for Pakistan Navy...

Dearsan shipyard(Who built NTPB of Turkish navy and building naval vessels for Kazakhistan and Turkmenistan navy) has following Hydrographic Survey Vessel designs.

http://www.dearsan.com/en/products/hydrographicoceanographic-survey-vessel/

b_1-9631.jpg

Also Indigineous seismic research ship which could be far more beyond requirements of Pakistan navy is already been launched in march 2015.I think Turkish naval industry would be capable to meet Hydrographic Survey Vessel assistance requirement of pakistan navy in due course

Video link:

Last edited:
It would be great to get some frigates and corvettes. Maybe even a destroyer or two?

good to see Pakistan diversifying out of China-made stuff. Turkey is strong candidate with Islamic credentials as well. Despite the tight friendship with China, the internal machinations still seem like Pakistan is more of a second fiddle, but with Turkey they seem a bit more even keel, although Turkey has more to offer in the relationship as of now (w.r.t Science and Technology atleast)

Their were few pages with pages about Karachi Shipyard and Oil Tanker the day it was launched. My question one article suggest that we have developed 13 Shipbuilding places in Karachi shipyard..Is that true ?? @Rashid Mahmood @Arsalan @fatman17 @Horus @RAMPAGE
No one really answered this question really :(
I am not too sure either. As far as i know we have 7 construction berths that includes Naval dockyard as well not that it will be a part of KSEW.

@Rashid Mahmood any confirmed info on the numbers?

I am not too sure either. As far as i know we have 7 construction berths that includes Naval dockyard as well not that it will be a part of KSEW.

Sir it would be better if you can find and read the DAWN and The NEWS on this past Friday

Sir it would be better if you can find and read the DAWN and The NEWS on this past Friday
Which article are you referring too? That is the same that speculated and what we are discussing here :P Isnt it? Or did i missed something?

What is a shipbuilding place..? never heard of this term.

As per the docks, KSEW has 3 docks and 2 slips.
For Subs, additional setup is being constructed.

Lolz!!
I noticed that as well but anyway, leave that!
The 3 docks plus 2 slips. Also weren't there 2 + 1 more that are with Pakistan Naval Dockyards?
The additional setup is something different so i would get into that yet. Just trying to clarify any confusions regarding the existing setup.

Turkish Milgem II
Sir Milgem II will be TF-2000 Frigate, Are u sure, we are going for Frigates, not corvettes?

What will be the impact of Ship Lift & Transfer System on these numbers?

We need Frigates and Destroyers and if Chijq can spend 45 billion dollars on CPEC they can easily spent 4 to 5 billion dollars to increase our Naval capacity. Would love to see these kind of Frigates in our Navy
images
It is our responsibility not China's for our maritime security.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom