What's new

Pakistan, Turkey to build more warships

Turkish defence industry seems to be maturing. The Turkish government should focus strictly on further indigenous development of the high-tech sector of the defence industry.

Turkey can become a huge name on the global defence industrial complex if it's successful in becoming a key provide of reliable and high-tech defence technologies to the wider Islamic World.

Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Qatar etc should make heavy investments in the Turkish defence industry in order to develop a more secure source of defence related technologies than sanctioned prone Western equipment.

What is a shipbuilding place..? never heard of this term.

As per the docks, KSEW has 3 docks and 2 slips.
For Subs, additional setup is being constructed.
Sir this is the term used by a layman known as Zarvan Ali meaning me. My question is can we construct 13 ships at one time ?? Secondly are you talking about MILGEM or MILGEM II ? Because their is major difference between two. @cabatli_53

"T" is big!

The hell?? You type "C" big for China but when you type "T" for Turkey in the same sentence, you type it small!

Shame on you!
No need to lower ur soul
It's wasn't by intention rather by type error
Haha i Iike ur love for TURKEY so I do
If China is our friend then Turkey is our brother

Sir this is the term used by a layman known as Zarvan Ali meaning me. My question is can we construct 13 ships at one time ?? Secondly are you talking about MILGEM or MILGEM II ? Because their is major difference between two. @cabatli_53

1. No.
2. Milgem II

Sir Milgem II will be TF-2000 Frigate, Are u sure, we are going for Frigates, not corvettes?

What will be the impact of Ship Lift & Transfer System on these numbers?

Milgem II is not TF-2000.

SL&TS will be installed for the Subs.

1. No.
2. Milgem II

Milgem II is not TF-2000.

SL&TS will be installed for the Subs.
Sir I know Milgem II is not TF-2000 but MILGEM II is also not ADA class corvettes but are these ships known as Istanbul Class @Rashid Mahmood
HxRz5IU.jpg

larger vessels are required exactly for the reason that you have mentioned. small ships do not have adequate air defense or powerful enough radars.

Is it because of space? I thought a 3000-4000 ton boat was large enough to accommodate a radar of any size and capability!

larger vessels are required exactly for the reason that you have mentioned. small ships do not have adequate air defense or powerful enough radars.
Who told you that? India's 7400 tons Kolkata Class destroyer and Israel's 1200 tons Sa'ar Class corvette share the same MF-STAR AESA. The underdevelopment 2000 tons Sa'ar 6 with its 32 VLS cells will also use the same radar.

It will be modified for PN requirements, so the specs will be different.
Well at least they would have VLS tubes that is really good news. I wanted to see these kind of ships in our Navy for years now

haber%2F2016%2F08%2Fgemi_555.jpg

STM still keeps details secret but has announced they have won a very big tender in which they've competed against European and American companies.

Within a month they will make the official announcement
It is worth noting that in the statement, it says that there is some serious work happening in regards to the MILGEM in Pakistan. In other words, the tender is probably in relation to some other market, I feel it could be European, African or Latin American.

It is worth noting that in the statement, it says that there is some serious work happening in regards to the MILGEM in Pakistan. In other words, the tender is probably in relation to some other market, I feel it could be European, African or Latin American.
Statement is not very clear....however i read it as this tender was in Middle-East.

Back
Top Bottom