What's new

Pakistan-Turkey 4 Milgem Ada Class Corvettes Contract - Construction started

a little reminder :

Within the scope of Milgem-I class frigate project, indigenous VLS is being developed.

Why is this an important detail? Because it will be possible to use all required ammunition types in VLS. In addition, some parameters of domestic production ammunition types will not need to be shared with other countries. The Pakistani navy can adapt to the Chinese missile or Russian missile, as it can modify many critical ship navionics including CDS and FCS.

Defence Turkey magazine Volume13, Page 42; May 19

16 VLS will be installed behind 76mm maingun. VLS will be equipped with HHQ-16/LY-80.
Would request If possible plz share the scan of that page or pic from mobile so that we could use it for reference in future

Defence Turkey magazine Volume13, Page 42; May 19

16 VLS will be installed behind 76mm maingun. VLS will be equipped with HHQ-16/LY-80.
That settles it then. HQ16 it will be. This was the most likely choice anyway with Type 54 also likely to come equipped with the same and the ground forces also having taken delivery of this same system (LY-80)

Would request If possible plz share the scan of that page or pic from mobile so that we could use it for reference in future

47EF1709-D3EC-4F5D-9346-F8F6EA39EA10.jpeg

WHO would provide VLS? China or Turkey? is Turkish VLS ready?

That settles it then. HQ16 it will be. This was the most likely choice anyway with Type 54 also likely to come equipped with the same and the ground forces also having taken delivery of this same system (LY-80)
Now the interesting possibility about which we were not aware before is the integration of HQ-16 with GENESIS combat management system and with Smart-S indicates the possibility that Pakistan might be in possession or would be given source code for HQ-16 SAM system and integration might take place in Pakistan, but for this we have to assume that all four Ada corvette will have SAM installed

Now the other possibility is that it would be a configuration for Jinnah Class Frigate if we keep in mind what @Bratva reported (click) last year, here keep in mind
- PN is working on Indigenous Combat Management System from some time
- As it was reported (click) ADA deal is signed with complete TOT and IP rights which mean we would have a platform Jinnah Class with our Indigenous CMS, therefore integrating HQ-16 with it would be a less of a hassle

========================================

This attachment as posted by Cabatli few post above clear one thing but raise more queries for other aspects of this program as per previous reports were suggesting that only the last ship was supposed to be called Jinnah Class with certain changes in configuration but this article suggest that all 4 Ada corvette will be part of Jinnah Class
Jinnah Class.jpg

i wonder with same SAM across all forces, is Pakistan licence producing them or is it simply cheap off the shelf..as it is mass produced by china

still getting a quad packed would make sense for ships with limited space..so its shame than this SAM is used..i hop there is provision for it in the future

i wonder with same SAM across all forces, is Pakistan licence producing them or is it simply cheap off the shelf..as it is mass produced by china

still getting a quad packed would make sense for ships with limited space..so its shame than this SAM is used..i hop there is provision for it in the future
Lolz, that is wxactly what i was thinking about. Perhaps we will see them locally produced now if we actually start using them on two naval platforms (Type 54A and Milgem) plus with land based SAM (LY80)

Lolz, that is wxactly what i was thinking about. Perhaps we will see them locally produced now if we actually start using them on two naval platforms (Type 54A and Milgem) plus with land based SAM (LY80)
anyway a smart move to get VLS with milgem..especially since we are getting other ships for peace time problems..
swift covertte might open up if aid is resumed..as the lobbying will be probably done by the senators of that state..

everyone wants a chunk of federal money and there is always intense lobbying by the producers of defense equipment if the bottle neck is removed by capital hill..problem is that pakistan lost its focus on this dynamic in USA for last 5-7 years or so

You can use Turkish sam Hisar a and Hisar o in the future if you need it.
advatage of Hisar design is that i can also stop supersonic missiles like its European examples which were tested several times. It is important for you because of Indian missiles. Turkish sam and European sams looks like a lot and thats their main difference from ESSM i guess.

You can use Turkish sam Hisar a and Hisar o in the future if you need it.
advatage of Hisar design is that i can also stop supersonic missiles like its European examples which were tested several times. It is important for you because of Indian missiles. Turkish sam and European sams looks like a lot and thats their main difference from ESSM i guess.

If you're talking about the Aster Hisar mix, its conceptual design isn't over. Not even the asters themselves are good for long-range missiles.

If you're talking about the Aster Hisar mix, its conceptual design isn't over. Not even the asters themselves are good for long-range missiles.
if you look at the design of hisar, its design is identical to aster.. its designed with new threats in mind to protect from supersonic cruise missiles too(but not from hypersonic which countries develop now).
France did several successful hits, you can google it.. thats the reason they can agree to develop a missile that could not be used quadre in VLS like ESSM

I think there was talk of local production so it might be cheaper to put these missiles on our platforms.
A

Back
Top Bottom