What's new

Pakistan-Turkey 4 Milgem Ada Class Corvettes Contract - Construction started

During the conversation with the CNS Pakistan, the four ADA/MilGem (dubbed Jinnah Class by the PN) Class corvettes for Pakistan were also mentioned. Two of the ships will be constructed in Turkey while the remaining two will be built at the KS&EW Shipyard in Karachi. The CNS Pakistan Admiral ABBASI noted that as their ships will be equipped with Medium-Range Air Defence Missile System (LY-80/HHQ-16) launched from a Vertical Launching System (VLS, with 16 cells) installed behind the main deck gun, a modified version of the Combat Management System (based on GENESIS) will be integrated to the vessels.

Additionally, instead of 21-cell Mk49 Mod 3 Guided Missile Launching System (GMLS) for short-range RIM-116 Block IA/HAS Surface-to-Air Missiles (SAMs) and RMG-84 Harpoon anti-ship missiles the Jinnah Class corvettes will be will be fitted with a 16-Cell VLS (to be located behind the main gun) for the LY-80/HHQ-16 Medium Range Air Defence Missile System and C-802 anti-ship missiles.

https://www.defenceturkey.com/en/co...cise-pakistan-turkey-defence-cooperation-3454

Milgem engine, gun, radar, missiles are all Europe made. Not very reliable source.

I wonder why back banned terrorist Iraqi/Kurd with slobbering mouth.

I don't think you're curious, but we have projects for all of them. The used radar T / R modules are included in the domestic production and will soon become a fully national radar. The missile of the ship is ready with the missile domestic engine (which you can see from my profile photo).

I don't think you're not interested again, but with this money we have earned from Pakistan, we plan to make more bombs and ammunition and send them to your beloved terrorist friends.

During the conversation with the CNS Pakistan, the four ADA/MilGem (dubbed Jinnah Class by the PN) Class corvettes for Pakistan were also mentioned. Two of the ships will be constructed in Turkey while the remaining two will be built at the KS&EW Shipyard in Karachi. The CNS Pakistan Admiral ABBASI noted that as their ships will be equipped with Medium-Range Air Defence Missile System (LY-80/HHQ-16) launched from a Vertical Launching System (VLS, with 16 cells) installed behind the main deck gun, a modified version of the Combat Management System (based on GENESIS) will be integrated to the vessels.

Additionally, instead of 21-cell Mk49 Mod 3 Guided Missile Launching System (GMLS) for short-range RIM-116 Block IA/HAS Surface-to-Air Missiles (SAMs) and RMG-84 Harpoon anti-ship missiles the Jinnah Class corvettes will be will be fitted with a 16-Cell VLS (to be located behind the main gun) for the LY-80/HHQ-16 Medium Range Air Defence Missile System and C-802 anti-ship missiles.

https://www.defenceturkey.com/en/co...cise-pakistan-turkey-defence-cooperation-3454
So all four are jinnah class corvettes now? Is there still going to be a larger frigate ?
@Rashid Mahmood

Last edited:
@undertakerwwefan Ohhh ban addicted boy is back. It won't take long to get banned again. People aren't here to use the false flag like you. Defense industry enthusiasts are here. Not provocateurs. Enough resources available in the forum.

Do HQ16 and 16A have the same sized launchers or twould there be a different VLS system for both? In the former case it may just be a case of upgrade of missiles as they become available. In the later case we might have to think long term. The only question is whether availability is assured for the 16Bs.
A
HQ-16A and HQ-16B are land-based versions, while HQ-16 and HQ-16C are ship-based versions.

HQ-16A and HQ-16B are land-based versions, while HQ-16 and HQ-16C are ship-based versions.
Still does not answer my question. Does extended range missiles require different types of VLS tubes or can be fired from the same VLS tube? Similarly do A and B require different typse of delivery system or not? Help would be appreciated
A

Last edited:
Still does not answer my question. Does extended range missiles require different types of VLS tubes or can be fired from the same VLS tube? Similarly do A and B require different typse of delivery system or not?
A
1. HQ-16B is slightly longer than HQ-16A.
img-c6392aa91770eaa0691f80219e73557a.jpg

2. HQ-16A and HQ-16B use the same delivery system or VLS tubes.

HQ-16B
img-3fde2170f53f6595a27806e129fdf8a9.jpg

You can use Turkish sam Hisar a and Hisar o in the future if you need it.
advatage of Hisar design is that i can also stop supersonic missiles like its European examples which were tested several times. It is important for you because of Indian missiles. Turkish sam and European sams looks like a lot and thats their main difference from ESSM i guess.

Sir as per news available HQ16s are installed by China near Indo/China border, the SAM is quite capable to counter Indian Brahmos along with other missiles. Moreover range of missile has been also increased extensively up to 70 KM+ in latest version. Hope Pak gets latest version for naval usage.

Ultimately, the ships will outlast the weapons and electronics. Yes, the HHQ-16 isn't ideal, but it's good seeing the PN work towards commonality across its own fleet and with the PA. Of course, HHQ-16 or HHQ-16, I would prefer we co-develop SAMs with South Africa and/or Turkey. We can then update the 054A and Jinnah (JN) down the line.

Sir why not to go for JV on HQ 16b and later on use this experience to manufacture own medium to long range SAMs just like happened in case of Harba or Azb. Further the progress should have been started years ago with development of Anza versions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom