What's new

Pakistan-Turkey 4 Milgem Ada Class Corvettes Contract - Construction started

Due credit to the PN for pulling this together the right way, e.g., seemingly changing the scope of the MILGEM to include VLA, commonality in SAMs between the 054A and Jinnah Class, etc. Question is, can they take it a step further and secure the HQ-16B with 70 km range? Or maybe add a supersonic AShM to both ships?

Pak bahria zindabad

Plus torpedo tubes bay

IMG_3906.JPG

Still does not answer my question. Does extended range missiles require different types of VLS tubes or can be fired from the same VLS tube? Similarly do A and B require different typse of delivery system or not? Help would be appreciated
A
all the Chinese sources quote that HQ16 & hq16b are same launcher with just updated missiles aerodynamics and rocket fuel quality, extending the range

Pakistan's Milgems- Classification Agreement Signed Between TURK LOYDU and ASFAT

The classification activities of 4 MİLGEM type Corvette, which have been contracted in accordance with the agreement signed with the Asfat A.Ş. and Pakistan, will be realized by Türk Loydu.

The signing ceremony of the classification contract was held with the participation of Türk Loydu General Manager Lütfü SAVAŞKAN and ASFAT A.Ş. General Manager Mr. Asat AKGÜN at the Project Management Office of Asfat A.Ş.

The ships, two of which will be built at the Istanbul Naval Shipyard and the other two at the Karachi Shipyard in Pakistan, are expected to be 99.56 meters long, 14.42 meters wide and a maximum speed of 26 knots.

MİLGEM type corvettes, which have the ability to take an active role in military operations, intelligence gathering, monitoring and search and rescue, will be built according to Türk Loydu naval ship classification rules.

https://www.turkloydu.org/en-us/hab...-ve-asfat-arasında-klaslama-sozlesmesi-i.aspx

Due credit to the PN for pulling this together the right way, e.g., seemingly changing the scope of the MILGEM to include VLA, commonality in SAMs between the 054A and Jinnah Class, etc. Question is, can they take it a step further and secure the HQ-16B with 70 km range? Or maybe add a supersonic AShM to both ships?
The question is how does PN and Pak forces in general plan on countering supersonic missiles like Brahmos ? As per my understanding LY80 cannot counter it neither can the CIWS. But then why are the forces investing in a platform like ly80 which cannot counter major threats like brahmos?
@Oscar @Rashid Mahmood

The question is how does PN and Pak forces in general plan on countering supersonic missiles like Brahmos ? As per my understanding LY80 cannot counter it neither can the CIWS. But then why are the forces investing in a platform like ly80 which cannot counter major threats like brahmos?
@Oscar @Rashid Mahmood
With upcoming Frigate for Pakistan Type 54 it will be equipped with FL-3000 Which specially designed to kill supersonic anti ship missiles just like US RAM and UK CAMM @TheDarkKnight

@Oscar @Rashid Mahmood
Countermeasures are in the works involving a known CIWS used on US made ships; but currently no effective one exists.

It was supposed to be Ram where Gokdeniz Ciws was. Gokdeniz had to be located elsewhere. That's why I mentioned the relations between Usa and Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom