What's new

Pakistan-Turkey 4 Milgem Ada Class Corvettes Contract - Construction started

I think The air defence missiles will be Chinese origin because Turkish VLS and G-40 missile option didn’t pass into production yet.

The G40 and maritime version of our Hisar and Aster mixture missiles will probably be ready until Pakistan's ships are delivered. You know that ships are not delivered soon

Also I know we produced the SMART-S MK2 licensed, but is there any project you know about an equivalent radar?

Milgem Corvette-P(Pakistan)
Model
View attachment 570653
Special thanks to @Corsair255 who shared these with us.

Pictures belong to model ships made by a friend who is professionally involved in model shipbuilding and are officially assigned by the platform manufacturer.

At a glance, note:
2x8 16 Cells (can go up to 64 if quad packed) Vertical Launchers at the back side of main gun.
Main gun is 76 mm Oto-Malera (despite it looks like a different gun)
RAM is gone,replaced by Korkut-Naval.
2 Quad-Pack to carry eight AShM.

=====================================================================

The addition of 16 VLS, most probably for air defense missiles in a very promising development. It will be a big step forward in its current state, as it is. Also if we can find a quad-pack(able) missile to fit in 64 missiles in these VLS it will turn the ship into a formidable AAD role platform.
I was really hoping for RAM... Seems like pattern that navy doesn't want to get it..on any of its ships

It will be interesting to know which air defense missile PN chooses initially. Will it be a Turkish system (most likely) or a Chinese one. For AShM i think PN will go with the indigenous option of Harba missile or some Chinese option in shape of C802 to keep similarity with other surface platforms.

What PN is going for looks like a mix of Milgen Ada class and I-class frigate. Lets wait and see.As per reports so far, the propulsion system is different from other Milgem corvettes, the VLS is an addition too, possibility of a different AShM is there as explained above.

Any idea on what AAD missile PN will go for?

Not my friend :D As i mentioned the original poster in the post boss. :)
I'd say the Turkish Hisar and South African Denel Umkhonto EIR are the top options.

But at IDEAS, MBDA was marketing both the Aster-15 and CAMM, so that's worth keeping an eye on...

Still unclear if this configuration is for all 4 ships OR if it's for the 1st Jinnah Class Frigate (i.e., the 4th ship which was supposed to be a bespoke design for the PN). I suspect it's the 1st Jinnah Class' design, so we'll probably see 3 standard MILGEM Ada corvettes (for ASW), but maybe through the 2030s, additional Jinnah Class frigates.

I'd say the Turkish Hisar and South African Denel Umkhonto EIR are the top options.

But at IDEAS, MBDA was marketing both the Aster-15 and CAMM, so that's worth keeping an eye on...

Still unclear if this configuration is for all 4 ships OR if it's for the 1st Jinnah Class Frigate (i.e., the 4th ship which was supposed to be a bespoke design for the PN). I suspect it's the 1st Jinnah Class' design, so we'll probably see 3 standard MILGEM Ada corvettes (for ASW), but maybe through the 2030s, additional Jinnah Class frigates.

my openion, this is for all MILGEM types, we have yet to see Jinnah class FFG.

Milgem Corvette-P(Pakistan)
Model
View attachment 570653
Special thanks to @Corsair255 who shared these with us.

Pictures belong to model ships made by a friend who is professionally involved in model shipbuilding and are officially assigned by the platform manufacturer.

At a glance, note:
2x8 16 Cells (can go up to 64 if quad packed) Vertical Launchers at the back side of main gun.
Main gun is 76 mm Oto-Malera (despite it looks like a different gun)
RAM is gone,replaced by Korkut-Naval.
2 Quad-Pack to carry eight AShM.

=====================================================================

The addition of 16 VLS, most probably for air defense missiles in a very promising development. It will be a big step forward in its current state, as it is. Also if we can find a quad-pack(able) missile to fit in 64 missiles in these VLS it will turn the ship into a formidable AAD role platform.
I really hope these VLS can carry Cruise Missiles also. That is capability which we need to make sure each and every Indian city in the south like Hyderabad and Bangaluru and Chennai and Goa face hell in case of war.

I think imthat the only way to get cruise missiles onto this ship will be dual use Harba. Unlikely that the launch tubes on this ship would be the requisite lenght to house Babur.

That being said, i wish the PN would not go for HQ-16 on any of its vessels. It is a large missile for a relatively short range. If CAMM was marketed at IDEAS as @Bilal Khan (Quwa) stated and it is available for PN, then i would consider that. However #1 on my list would be the Poliment-Redut based on either that 9M96E (or if the tubes are long enough the 9M96E2). That gives you quad-packed 60km range missile or 120km if the E2 is available and can be fit. I think even the Type 054A should be equipped with these as they will give longer range and vastly superior number of missiles. Even the SKorean KS-SAM is based on the older 9M100 of this line (40km quad packed).

These give you the flexibility to load 32 missiles and reserve the other cells for other weapons including ASROC style weapons from china, or 64 missile loadout to really provide good protection to the group. The same would be true on a Type 054A equipped with these missiles. A Type 054A with these missiles and 32 cells could take advantage of numerous different loadouts including having 16 HQ-9s for longer range fleet level defense backed by 64 9M96E2s providing more medium ranged defense, also supported by having up to an additional 64 SAMs on the MILGEM in the group. It would provide the best of all options of any missile on the market that is even a potential option for PN (along with CAMM).

I really hope these VLS can carry Cruise Missiles also. That is capability which we need to make sure each and every Indian city in the south like Hyderabad and Bangaluru and Chennai and Goa face hell in case of war.
They wont!
For a boat this size the VLS will be for AAD at max!

Not sure about the Denel Umkhonto sir. That is very rarely mentioned or talked about, not sure if the authorities will consider it. We don't have any long or strong military/defense relations with South Africa either.

Hmmm,,, me likey!

Interesting. This is quite possible actually, missed by many of us here, thank for bringing it up.
Also interesting to note that if it indeed is the final 4th ship that will come in this configuration then there are more of the same likely to be signed and procured. Lets see.

So VLS part is confirmed now??
Looks like it! :)

Is Pakistan gonna use any Turkish Subsystem in Type 54's? I think Pakistan can have a Chinese-Turkish synthesis in all of her warships... Which with this way your ships will be both sanction-proof and deadly.
I dont think so. Some Chinese systems (weapons specially) may however find their way to the Milgem but that too is not a certainty.

Do these ships have CIWS
Yes. The model features what looks like a Korkut D air defense system.
Untitled.jpg

Korkut D Air defense System
korkutkiyas.jpg

I think imthat the only way to get cruise missiles onto this ship will be dual use Harba. Unlikely that the launch tubes on this ship would be the requisite lenght to house Babur.

That being said, i wish the PN would not go for HQ-16 on any of its vessels. It is a large missile for a relatively short range. If CAMM was marketed at IDEAS as @Bilal Khan (Quwa) stated and it is available for PN, then i would consider that. However #1 on my list would be the Poliment-Redut based on either that 9M96E (or if the tubes are long enough the 9M96E2). That gives you quad-packed 60km range missile or 120km if the E2 is available and can be fit. I think even the Type 054A should be equipped with these as they will give longer range and vastly superior number of missiles. Even the SKorean KS-SAM is based on the older 9M100 of this line (40km quad packed).

These give you the flexibility to load 32 missiles and reserve the other cells for other weapons including ASROC style weapons from china, or 64 missile loadout to really provide good protection to the group. The same would be true on a Type 054A equipped with these missiles. A Type 054A with these missiles and 32 cells could take advantage of numerous different loadouts including having 16 HQ-9s for longer range fleet level defense backed by 64 9M96E2s providing more medium ranged defense, also supported by having up to an additional 64 SAMs on the MILGEM in the group. It would provide the best of all options of any missile on the market that is even a potential option for PN (along with CAMM).
Sir as per information on net the VLS of type 54 can't accommodate HQ9 missile so far. Further more important aspect for SAM is it's ability to counter supersonic/subsonic ASHMs than range.

They wont!
For a boat this size the VLS will be for AAD at max!

Not sure about the Denel Umkhonto sir. That is very rarely mentioned or talked about, not sure if the authorities will consider it. We don't have any long or strong military/defense relations with South Africa either.

Hmmm,,, me likey!

Interesting. This is quite possible actually, missed by many of us here, thank for bringing it up.
Also interesting to note that if it indeed is the final 4th ship that will come in this configuration then there are more of the same likely to be signed and procured. Lets see.

Looks like it! :)

I dont think so. Some Chinese systems (weapons specially) may however find their way to the Milgem but that too is not a certainty.

Yes. The model features what looks like a Korkut D air defense system.
View attachment 570755

Korkut D Air defense System
View attachment 570754

having 4 model of same kind laid out with Pakistani flag is the indication that this is the model that Pakistan will go for 4 initial milgim corvette. one of the four ship has turkish and Pakistani flag, that mean this is the one build in turkey, rest 4 will be build in KSEW. may be i am reading too much...

Back
Top Bottom