What's new

Pakistan-Turkey 4 Milgem Ada Class Corvettes Contract - Construction started

I really hope these VLS can carry Cruise Missiles also. That is capability which we need to make sure each and every Indian city in the south like Hyderabad and Bangaluru and Chennai and Goa face hell in case of war.
Better leave that role for ground base babur
Besides the ships will carry dual purpose antiship land attack missles

having 4 model of same kind laid out with Pakistani flag is the indication that this is the model that Pakistan will go for 4 initial milgim corvette. one of the four ship has turkish and Pakistani flag, that mean this is the one build in turkey, rest 4 will be build in KSEW. may be i am reading too much...
There are 5 models, one for each Turkish and/or Pakistani official,

Then it most probably will be the same we will equip our Type 54s with!
what about European systems..i doubt that acquisition will be issue from italy..will we be able to mate the radar with chinese option?

what about European systems..i doubt that acquisition will be issue from italy..will we be able to mate the radar with chinese option?

European systems are way too expensive bro !!

pakmilgem-jpg.570813

They wont!
For a boat this size the VLS will be for AAD at max!

Not sure about the Denel Umkhonto sir. That is very rarely mentioned or talked about, not sure if the authorities will consider it. We don't have any long or strong military/defense relations with South Africa either.

Hmmm,,, me likey!

Interesting. This is quite possible actually, missed by many of us here, thank for bringing it up.
Also interesting to note that if it indeed is the final 4th ship that will come in this configuration then there are more of the same likely to be signed and procured. Lets see.

Looks like it! :)

I dont think so. Some Chinese systems (weapons specially) may however find their way to the Milgem but that too is not a certainty.

Yes. The model features what looks like a Korkut D air defense system.
View attachment 570755

Korkut D Air defense System
View attachment 570754

GökDeniz CIWS
upload_2019-7-26_2-1-26.jpeg

Sir as per information on net the VLS of type 54 can't accommodate HQ9 missile so far. Further more important aspect for SAM is it's ability to counter supersonic/subsonic ASHMs than range.
With a range of 60 and 120km respectively vs 40km (HQ-16) and the fact that they are newer missiles than HQ-16, AND the fact that even the new Skorean KS-SAM is based on them the i would give the edge in all aspects to the redut missiles (9M96E and 9M96E2). Add to the fact that they are both quad-packed, and they are likely to be the superior missiles vs HQ-16A.

With a range of 60 and 120km respectively vs 40km (HQ-16) and the fact that they are newer missiles than HQ-16, AND the fact that even the new Skorean KS-SAM is based on them the i would give the edge in all aspects to the redut missiles (9M96E and 9M96E2). Add to the fact that they are both quad-packed, and they are likely to be the superior missiles vs HQ-16A.

Can you give a source of quad packing of redut missile on naval ships?

The question here is not only out capability comparison but availability as well!! HQ-16 is what will be available without a problem, cannot say that for these Russian systems.

The question here is not only out capability comparison but availability as well!! HQ-16 is what will be available without a problem, cannot say that for these Russian systems.
Turkey and Russian relationship have improve as well as relationship with Pakistan Russian too is improving, so Russian wouldn't mind giving permission for the missile.

Turkey and Russian relationship have improve as well as relationship with Pakistan Russian too is improving, so Russian wouldn't mind giving permission for the missile.
In theory, yes. No harm in trying i suppose.

having 4 model of same kind laid out with Pakistani flag is the indication that this is the model that Pakistan will go for 4 initial milgim corvette. one of the four ship has turkish and Pakistani flag, that mean this is the one build in turkey, rest 4 will be build in KSEW. may be i am reading too much...
The models are exchanged during official meetings or ceremonies regarding this platform. That is why they made more than one.

Back
Top Bottom