What's new

Pakistan-Turkey 4 Milgem Ada Class Corvettes Contract - Construction started

I dont understand why spend 1 billion usd to buy 4 corvettes when for the money we could have bought 4-5 Type 054 from China ??

Beside the calculation in the end in Pakistan's favour, Milgem gives the freedom to produce in-house along with technical experience/teachings/training and build Jinnah class for ourselves. I will in-fact say Thanks to the Turkey for such a support in these times. 054A and Milgem are different in its specifications.

What is this project ? Can you tell about it
889F1508-3BA8-4328-8C88-527016599E4E.jpeg

Attachments

• E78906CE-E45D-4DAB-A02B-2318583DE268.jpeg
    E78906CE-E45D-4DAB-A02B-2318583DE268.jpeg
    364.4 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Can someone post some pictures of the Turkish future Frigate and Destroyers?
I have heard PN is quite interested in these too.

This is besides the possible Chinese origin fleet of PN which seems to be like:
  • 4 F-22P Corvettes - Light Frigates
  • 4 Type-54A Frigates
  • 4 Type-52D/Type-55 Destroyers

I'm assuming similar fleet numbers for PN from Turkish origin:
  • 4 Milgem Corvettes - Light Frigates
  • 4 Turkish Origin Frigates
  • 4 Turkish Origin Destroyers

Can someone post some pictures of the Turkish future Frigate and Destroyers?
I have heard PN is quite interested in these too.

This is besides the possible Chinese origin fleet of PN which seems to be like:
  • 4 F-22P Corvettes - Light Frigates
  • 4 Type-54A Frigates
  • 4 Type-52D/Type-55 Destroyers

I'm assuming similar fleet numbers for PN from Turkish origin:
  • 4 Milgem Corvettes - Light Frigates
  • 4 Turkish Origin Frigates
  • 4 Turkish Origin Destroyers

4 F22P Light Frigates
4+(2) Type 54A & X Frigates (Yet to be designated sub class)
That is where the Chinese Surface Platform induction ends

4 Milgem Class Light Frigates (Or re-designated as Jinnah Class Flight 1)
4 Jinnah Class Frigates (Made in Pakistan versions of Milgem design that will possibly 32VLS Cells)

2+(2) Damen Corvettes/OPV's. Original plan for PN was to get 4 OPV's 2 from Damen and 2 from Swiftships. The Swiftship deal got canceled so there are, theoretically, need and funding available for 2 further OPV's.

I don't think PN will go for an induction of anything bigger than a heavy frigate due to operating costs of a now standard 7000+ ton destroyer. PN never operated a warship larger than 6000 ton Ex HMS Diadem or HMS London that too for a short duration.

The only thing that is not factored in a 24 boat surface fleet are the 2? yet to be identified surface combatants.

4 F22P Light Frigates

4 Jinnah Class Frigates (Made in Pakistan versions of Milgem design that will possibly 32VLS Cells)

2+(2) Damen Corvettes/OPV's. Original plan for PN was to get 4 OPV's 2 from Damen and 2 from Swiftships. The Swiftship deal got canceled so there are, theoretically, need and funding available for 2 further OPV's.

I don't think PN will go for an induction of anything bigger than a heavy frigate due to operating costs of a now standard 7000+ ton destroyer. PN never operated a warship larger than 6000 ton Ex HMS Diadem or HMS London that too for a short duration.

The only thing that is not factored in a 24 boat surface fleet are the 2? yet to be identified surface combatants.
They should go for 4 Type 52Ds

What's the defence against sea skimming missiles, does anyone know what this ship has to protect itself against Exocet type missiles?

1608441742829.png

What's the defence against sea skimming missiles, does anyone know what this ship has to protect itself against Exocet type missiles?

View attachment 698073
RAM Mk31 GMWS for physical defense, decoys/EW suite for passive defense.
4 F22P Light Frigates

Out going Chief has given a framework.

20 Major Warships
4: F22P FFGs
4: Type 54AP FFGs
4: Milgum FFAs
6: Undisclosed FFAs (or FFG/DDG)
2: Yarmook class FFAs

30 other lighter warships will comprise of combination of FACs and FACMs.

PN modernization plans have multiple phases. The one we are looking at is pre 2028 modernization plan.

Last edited:
20 Major Warships
4: F22P FFGs
4: Type 54AP FFGs
4: Milgum FFAs
6: Undisclosed FFAs
2: Yarmook class FFAs

30 other lighter warships will comprise of combination of FACs and FACMs.

PN modernization plans have multiple phases. The one we are looking at is pre 2028 modernization plan.

The remaining 6 undisclosed FFA are Jinnah class frigates. At least some of them if not all

The remaining 6 undisclosed FFA are Jinnah class frigates. At least some of them if not all
There are two theories in this regard,
1: 6 heavier tonnage vessels are heavier corvettes possibly from Daman.
2: 6 heavier tonnage vessels are either Destroyers or combo of destroyer & frigates.

Jinnah class is a separate thing.

The first Ada class could be delayed to 2030 or so due to US sanction against Turkey's defense industry. The engine of this ship is from the US.

Back
Top Bottom