What's new

Pakistan-Turkey 4 Milgem Ada Class Corvettes Contract - Construction started

The first Ada class could be delayed to 2030 or so due to US sanction against Turkey's defense industry. The engine of this ship is from the US.

Noop, It only affects SSB and is only for new deals. STM does the order, not SSB. As can be seen with the details of Article 2, these obstacles do not include previously purchased products. There is no official phrase "US sanction against Turkey's defense industry", this is your a*s.

Noop, It only affects SSB and is only for new deals. STM does the order, not SSB. As can be seen with the details of Article 2, these obstacles do not include previously purchased products. There is no official phrase "US sanction against Turkey's defense industry", this is your a*s.

Okay then where is Milgem? Where is picture? Type 054A already delivered. I don't see Milgem.

The PN can buy MTUs from Germany.
MTU Diesel engines are already procured. LM Turbines already ordered and thee is no issue with their export to Turkey. The configuration seems to be CODAG or CODOG since LM2500 is a gas turbine engine. My guess would be CODOG since this configuration requires a less complex gearbox.

Okay then where is Milgem? Where is picture? Type 054A already delivered. I don't see Milgem.
Type 54AP deliveries will complete by 2023. Milgem deliveries will start from 2023.
Below is the under construction Milgem of Pakistan Navy.
IMG_20201205_114442.png

Attachments

• IMG_20201205_114442.png
    IMG_20201205_114442.png
    295.7 KB · Views: 36
MTU Diesel engines are already procured. LM Turbines already ordered and thee is no issue with their export to Turkey. The configuration seems to be CODAG or CODOG since LM2500 is a gas turbine engine. My guess would be CODOG since this configuration requires a less complex gearbox.

CODAG/CODOG are old engine configurations and no one does this in modern warships. It is IEP configuration.

Type 54AP deliveries will complete by 2023. Milgem deliveries will start from 2023.
Below is the under construction Milgem of Pakistan Navy. View attachment 700632

really must say Pakistan has achieved a great success in last 5 years and next 5 years look even more promising

having following for over 2 decades these are some of the most exciting times and times to come are amazing

especially so for the Navy + Air Force

There are two theories in this regard,
1: 6 heavier tonnage vessels are heavier corvettes possibly from Daman.

I don't agree with this theory. If all are heavier Damen corvettes then where are Jinnah class frigates? Where do they fit in?

4 F22P Light Frigates
4+(2) Type 54A & X Frigates (Yet to be designated sub class)
That is where the Chinese Surface Platform induction ends

4 Milgem Class Light Frigates (Or re-designated as Jinnah Class Flight 1)
4 Jinnah Class Frigates (Made in Pakistan versions of Milgem design that will possibly 32VLS Cells)

2+(2) Damen Corvettes/OPV's. Original plan for PN was to get 4 OPV's 2 from Damen and 2 from Swiftships. The Swiftship deal got canceled so there are, theoretically, need and funding available for 2 further OPV's.

I don't think PN will go for an induction of anything bigger than a heavy frigate due to operating costs of a now standard 7000+ ton destroyer. PN never operated a warship larger than 6000 ton Ex HMS Diadem or HMS London that too for a short duration.

The only thing that is not factored in a 24 boat surface fleet are the 2? yet to be identified surface combatants.
PN will go for a Destroyer. Type 52 D is most likely candidate. The twenty ship announcement by former Naval Chief is not making any sense. And it seem he deliberately told a reduced figure.
There are two theories in this regard,
1: 6 heavier tonnage vessels are heavier corvettes possibly from Daman.
2: 6 heavier tonnage vessels are either Destroyers or combo of destroyer & frigates.

Jinnah class is a separate thing.
That remaining heavier corvettes are Damen class. But that doesn't mean Destroyers won't come. There is no point of working ship to surface ballistic missile and a super sonic cruise missile if you don't have any plans to induct destroyers.

I don't agree with this theory. If all are heavier Damen corvettes then where are Jinnah class frigates? Where do they fit in?
Post 2028 plans. Jinnah class will be produced in Gwadar ship yard, a yard which is yet to hit construction.
Former Chief specifically mentioned HTVs and Jinnah class separately. Therefore I don't think J-class and HTVs are same things.

I myself is skeptical about HTVs being heavier corvettes. But his speech sentence was making this impression.

Please no further Damens if you are talking corvette this is not a corvette but a OPV which can function as a corvette if need be during war. It is a inexpensive and modern design yes BUT is not set up structurally to be able to defend itself properly, not perform all the multirole/littoral defense against other warships. Small vessels aand small arms only. It can be used as a missile platform, but that alone does not a corvette make.

Post 2028 plans. Jinnah class will be produced in Gwadar ship yard, a yard which is yet to hit construction.
Former Chief specifically mentioned HTVs and Jinnah class separately. Therefore I don't think J-class and HTVs are same things.

I myself is skeptical about HTVs being heavier corvettes. But his speech sentence was making this impression.
No they are not. Listen to speech again. Those 6 heavier class ships he mentioned are heavier version of Tabuk Class. What made me sure that Pakistan will go for Destroyer was mentioned of Ship to land Hypersonic Ballistic Missile. If that comes forward and has range of around 1500 KM or even more. Then that for sure means Pakistan will go for Destroyers.

Sure, Destroyers are next in line after Type 54..

No they are not. Listen to speech again. Those 6 heavier class ships he mentioned are heavier version of Tabuk Class. What made me sure that Pakistan will go for Destroyer was mentioned of Ship to land Hypersonic Ballistic Missile. If that comes forward and has range of around 1500 KM or even more. Then that for sure means Pakistan will go for Destroyers.

Back
Top Bottom