What's new

Pakistan-Turkey 4 Milgem Ada Class Corvettes Contract - Construction started

wow! while our ISTIF(istanbul) class ship is lying like a wreck , pakistani milgem grows fast.

6-8 Type 054A
4 Milgem
8 Jinnah Class.

That would be something awesome.

The initial number of Type 054A and Milgem class is finalized. However, we have news of one JInnah class at this stage but I feel that there will be mokre of Jinnah class. I agree- it is going to be an awesome fleet as you mentioned.

@Zarvan However, I feel that Jinnah class will be the further evolution of Milgem stopping at 4 ships only.
Jinah class off course will come. No one is doubting that. What I am saying we would see more Milgem corvettes and more Type 54 A. I mean more than four.

Jinah class off course will come. No one is doubting that. What I am saying we would see more Milgem corvettes and more Type 54 A. I mean more than four.

I understand bro and cannot deny you as I don't have anything to state as official plan. However, I felt differently in this regard that Milgem acquisition might stop at 4 and then the fleet will be growing with Jinnah class as the evolution of same Milgem,

@RealNapster allow me to add further to my previous post that I observe the PN also procures number of platforms based upon quality & their different roles per doctrine. Conclusively, as I believe, PN will be adding ships but there will be untold difference of capability of respective platform and that is not going to be mere numbers of ships.

Once jinnah class start crunching put the modified ada class of PN will stop at 4. However type54a might see more orders or may be on shifts to 52d

Crossover m3v will see day light by 2023 and by end of next decade PN. Will a major force in IoR

Follow on order of Milgem Corvettes, could / should / would be the Tf - 2000 AAW Destroyer, depending on the developments and progress made by Turkey.

great news

cant wait till Pakistan takes delivery of these units

I doubt there will be more MILGEM or Type 054A. With 4 modified MILGEM and 4 054A the foreign frigate builds should be complete unless PN cannot produce enough Jinnah in a timely fashion. The entire point of acquiring the rights to Jinnah was to produce the needed frigates in house. Acquiring more Frigates from foreign suppliers (unless there is an urgent need to quickly add to the fleet) would be counterproductive. Future acquisitions from China or Turkey would be either heavy frigates (5000t range) or destroyer (6000-7000t range). If there is this would most likely include Type 054B (aka the 057) which is in the 5000t range or 052D destroyer in the 7500t range. My money would be on the 054B.

Ideally they need to figure out a way to get a quad packed missile for standard use across all platforms with VLS in PN. There are reports of their interest in CAMM-ER (40km + range but likely to be out to 80-90km ormmaybe more) and with good relations with Italy, it may yet be possible...although im not sure if UK could pose an issue there. Other options are the K-SAAM from SKorea but that may require Russian approval. There is also the G-40 missile in development from Turkey. If its development is successful it would be the easiest to acquire. CAMM-ER would be my choice.

These would enable more flexibility for all vessel, allowing 64 medium range missiles for MILGEM, up to 128 for 054A (but more likely 64 with the other 16 celks used for other weapson like CY-5 and or Babur or possibly 16 HQ-9.
On larger vessels it would allow for similar mix of weapons.

I doubt there will be more MILGEM or Type 054A. With 4 modified MILGEM and 4 054A the foreign frigate builds should be complete unless PN cannot produce enough Jinnah in a timely fashion. The entire point of acquiring the rights to Jinnah was to produce the needed frigates in house. Acquiring more Frigates from foreign suppliers (unless there is an urgent need to quickly add to the fleet) would be counterproductive. Future acquisitions from China or Turkey would be either heavy frigates (5000t range) or destroyer (6000-7000t range). If there is this would most likely include Type 054B (aka the 057) which is in the 5000t range or 052D destroyer in the 7500t range. My money would be on the 054B.

Ideally they need to figure out a way to get a quad packed missile for standard use across all platforms with VLS in PN. There are reports of their interest in CAMM-ER (40km + range but likely to be out to 80-90km ormmaybe more) and with good relations with Italy, it may yet be possible...although im not sure if UK could pose an issue there. Other options are the K-SAAM from SKorea but that may require Russian approval. There is also the G-40 missile in development from Turkey. If its development is successful it would be the easiest to acquire. CAMM-ER would be my choice.

These would enable more flexibility for all vessel, allowing 64 medium range missiles for MILGEM, up to 128 for 054A (but more likely 64 with the other 16 celks used for other weapson like CY-5 and or Babur or possibly 16 HQ-9.

G40 Just a capability acquisition project, not entirely precise and low altitude. It is planned to replace ESSMs even if it happens, missiles such as CAMM \ CAMM-ER with speed coincide with some land-based and sea-adapted Chinese Sams. At these altitudes and ranges, Hisar O + starts production within 3 months and uses a double impact engine, so you don't need to analyze in vain, even if you don't buy from China (which you will get), you will not be without missiles.

More Type 54 A and MILGEM depends on the size of Navy we want and do we want an aggressive Navy or not. So I am quite hopeful that both Type 54 A and MILGEM will get doubled and then will come Jinah class that too will be eight in total.

this picture taken from aselsan hakim project

Attachments

• 730C29A8-C0FB-49EA-906D-F2FDA782EA56.jpeg
    730C29A8-C0FB-49EA-906D-F2FDA782EA56.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 65
IMHO 2 follow on orders of Type 54 X (Yes it is still to be sub classified -- maybe around 2023), no more modified Milgem (Might eventually be known as Jinnah Class Flight 1 because it is not the standard Milgem) after the four ordered. The Jinnah Class will be a heavier version of modified Milgem/Jinnah.

To support the program of Jinnah Class, Azmat Class and two follow-on Tankers, PN plans to setup another Shipyard. That alone is an indicator that somewhere around 2022-23 we will see another spurt of orders for surface vessels.

Back
Top Bottom