What's new

Pakistan-Turkey 4 Milgem Ada Class Corvettes Contract - Construction started

any info on its radar?
Its 3-dimensional, multi-beam marine platform search radar produced by ASELSAN.It can be used from short range to medium range and is able to detect targets with air and surface surveillance. It is a modular, light and low power consumption radar with active phase array antenna structure and solid state power amplifier modules. Operational features include 3D target search, tracking and classification, sector search, high target location accuracy, and can be used in small ships and attack boats due to its light weight.

Product features:
• 3D air target search and tracking
• 2D surface search and tracking
• Active phase array antenna
• Low Visibility (LPI) Mode
• Solid state sender modules (Send / Receive Modules)
• Doppler processor for moving specification
• FoE detection
• IFF Integration
• Air Cooling
• Sector Dimming and Sector Trimming
• In-Device Testing capability
• Jamming Detection and Direction Finding and Tracking
• Providing realtime Surveillance video
• naval artillery gun Support
• MIL-STD compatibility

Technical Specifications
• Operating Frequency : X-Bant
• Instrumented Range : 100 km
• Minimum range: 50 m
• Coverage: 360º
• Altitude Coverage: -5º / + 70º
• Rise tracking accuracy (rms): <0.6º
• Rotation speed (rpm): 10-60
• Power consumption: <6 kW
• Stabilization: Electronic
• Weight (Above Deck): <350 kg
• Tracking capacity: 200 targets

The I-class frigate is basically a larger Ada-class with VLS right ? So the 4 milgem ships that Turkey is selling the PakNavy are I-class frigates or am I wrong ?
Very briefly, the Pakistani Navy will be the user of a variant that uses MILGEM infrastructure , but differentiates from Ada class. More like Advanced Ada. This is called the Jinnah class. Subsequently, with the transfer of this infrastructure and tech, the Pakistani Navy will be able to produce advanced variants with its own acquired capacity.

Very briefly, the Pakistani Navy will be the user of a variant that uses MILGEM infrastructure , but differentiates from Ada class. More like Advanced Ada. This is called the Jinnah class. Subsequently, with the transfer of this infrastructure and tech, the Pakistani Navy will be able to produce advanced variants with its own acquired capacity.
ok thank you, so at the end the Jinnah-class will be similar in size,armament end mission to a I-class

Time is of the essence
If it's not delivered on time then it's not worth it. The actual time frame shouldve been 2020-2022
It's not. Look, you know we are not China that build ships like cars... this is the case on this side of the world, France or Britain would prabably build this kind of vessel in a similiar time frame. Which both Turkey and Pakistan agreed upon this time frame. Btw, don't tell me damian, it was an OPV not a stealth warship, and it was pretty basic design. You can see the difference when you look how Jinnah Class is different than our original Ada.
I understand your point, you believe your state needs this warships urgently because of tension but there is nothing we can do about that, All this modifications and building stealth warships needs time. I wish Pakistan ordered them before so you could have them now, but the rules of the real world it is different.

Last edited:
When the construction of first ship is completed, It will be launched on sea as a prototype of Jinnah class, since Pakistani Milgem configuration will have a bigger displacement cause of heavier missile payload and larger fuel tanks so It will be needed to perform navigation trials from the beggining. This activity will reveal all manoeuvring, steering, sea-keeping, endurance characteristics of this ship at different speeds to correct calculations that has been done on naval labratory on design phase. All those will also takes time. When the ship proved its maturity to carry out the missions related with ship’s performance and target engagement capabilities, The qualification will be over and The ship will be handed over to Pakistan Navy.

Last edited:
When the construction of first ship is completed, It will be launched on sea as a prototype of Jinnah class, since Pakistani Milgem configuration will have a bigger displacement cause of heavier missile payload and larger fuel tanks so It will be needed to perform navigation trials from the beggining. This activity will reveal all manoeuvring, steering, sea-keeping, endurance characteristics of this ship at different speeds to correct calculations that has been done on naval labratory on design phase. All those will also takes time. When the ship proved its maturity to carry out the missions related with ship’s performance and target engagement capabilities, The qualification will be over and The ship will be handed over to Pakistan Navy.
Can you be kind enough by also providing approximate time for these trials.

People needs to understand the complex science that takes time in such matters for the first time. Once we are on track, it's just the matter of time when new ships starts to join battle group. Patience is the key here.

Can you be kind enough by also providing approximate time for these trials.

It took around 2 years for the first ship of Milgem class but It was the first
time We have experienced all processes of a complex warship program. Turkish engineers now have a vast of knowledge on this affairs so I believe It will take ~1 years until PN takes delivery of first ship.

ok thank you, so at the end the Jinnah-class will be similar in size,armament end mission to a I-class
Not necessarily, it might be fairly close to the size of the Ada. Delta Marine had a design concept of a light frigate -- LF-2400 -- which basically seems like a variant of the Ada, but with VLS. So, it's possible that the Jinnah-class is close in specifications to the LF-2400 (e.g. ~108 m length, 2,400 tons displacement).

LF-2400-05.png

Not necessarily, it might be fairly close to the size of the Ada. Delta Marine had a design concept of a light frigate -- LF-2400 -- which basically seems like a variant of the Ada, but with VLS. So, it's possible that the Jinnah-class is close in specifications to the LF-2400 (e.g. ~108 m length, 2,400 tons displacement).

LF-2400-05.png
I wish we learn and come up with our own indigenous warships.

Back
Top Bottom