What's new

Pakistan-Turkey 4 Milgem Ada Class Corvettes Contract - Construction started

Any idea when will we receive the first of the MILGEM, 54AP and Chinese subs?
Pakistan MILGEM Corvette project actually began on 11 March 2019. scheduled to be delivered the first corvette, August 2023. The first ship will be completed in the 54th month in Turkey. Second ship in Pakistan, 60th month, third ship will be complete in Turkey , 66th months.The last ship will be completed in the 72nd month in Pakistan. The last corvette will be delivered in Karachi in 2025 and will be included in the Pakistan Navy inventory.

https://www.asfat.com.tr/pnmilgemkorvet/

Since it is a highly differentiated variant, it will take a long time for the first ship to be launched. However, after this process, the other ships will begin to launch at 6-month intervals.

Pakistan MILGEM Corvette project actually began on 11 March 2019. scheduled to be delivered the first corvette, August 2023. The first ship will be completed in the 54th month in Turkey. Second ship in Pakistan, 60th month, third ship will be complete in Turkey , 66th months.The last ship will be completed in the 72nd month in Pakistan. The last corvette will be delivered in Karachi in 2025 and will be included in the Pakistan Navy inventory.

https://www.asfat.com.tr/pnmilgemkorvet/

Since it is a highly differentiated variant, it will take a long time for the first ship to be launched. However, after this process, the other ships will begin to launch at 6-month intervals.
Since Pakistan's Maritime Technologies Complex (MTC) bought the design rights, I think we'll see more of these ships in the long-run.

You can just barely see the VLS, but it's there.

I think @cabatli_53 is witness to the fact that this forum willed the VLS on MILGEM into reality. Let's now proceed to the TF-2000 :P

The Tf-2000 destroyer program will be started in 2022/23. Delivery of Pakistani Milgem corvettes will also be completed around 2024/25. It will be good timing to form a joint-venture for giant 7000t Tf-2000 with 64cell national VLS system with quad packable G-40 medium range and Siper long range missiles. Hope to see both nation forming a strong partnership for one of the most challenging platform.

upload_2019-9-30_20-25-14.jpeg

Last edited:
16 cell VLS for the HQ-16. The ships will also use an 'indigenous missile system,' so either Harbah or the supersonic missile the PN is developing (as per 2017-2018 MoDP report).
I think the Supersonics missile should already be final phase and would be ready to be deployed when these ships are comissioned.

Romania finished the ship construction in 2 years for 2 ships
I was expecting the Turkish ships would have similar timelines

• 2 Ships in 2 Years not 1 Ship in 5 year

Otherwise the deal is quite good

Turkey begins work on first MILGEM-class corvette for Pakistan Navy
Gabriel Dominguez, London - Jane's Defence Weekly
30 September 2019
Follow

RSS

Istanbul Naval Shipyard has begun work on the first (MILGEM)-class corvette for the Pakistan Navy (PN).

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi, the PN's Chief of the Naval Staff, presided over a steel-cutting ceremony for the vessel held at the shipyard on 29 September.

In July 2018 Turkish defence engineering firm Savunma Teknolojileri Mühendislik ve Ticaret (STM) and other Turkish companies won a tender for the supply of four corvettes of the class to the PN as part of what the then-Turkish National Defence Minister Nurettin Canikli described as the “largest single export [deal] in the history of the Turkish defence industry”.

Thanks Turkey and I love Erdogan

But please make this with 48 months and not 15 years like you did your own

The 4 for Turkey Ada class started in 2005 and last one was only just commissioned

Having said that we should have gone for Istanbul class with VLS
The delay was due to sabotage by FETO proxy terrorist org members within the Navy. Top project managers and engineers got arrested in false coup acquisitions. After the removal of FETO moles all defense related projects are gaining steams....

Is VLS system on Pakistani Corvettes are confirmed?
The delay was due to sabotage by FETO proxy terrorist org members within the Navy. Top project managers and engineers got arrested in false coup acquisitions. After the removal of FETO moles all defense related projects are gaining steams....

Largest order the president comes to greet the customer naval chief [emoji6]

But I think it’s also due to Turkish navy new type launch ??

Largest order the president comes to greet the customer naval chief [emoji6]

But I think it’s also due to Turkish navy new type launch ??
No, Istanbul Class isn't ready to launch yet. Erdogan came to cut the first steal of Pakistani Milgem. Now you can feel proud that even your warships are technically builded by another countries president. Brough more weapons from us and Erdogan will work day and night. (Smile)

Construction in Turkey is taking too long and this brings down the potency of this system by at least 25%

Back
Top Bottom