What's new

Pakistan-Turkey 4 Milgem Ada Class Corvettes Contract - Construction started

I think the important question is, which VLS will be used on ship? Turkey's VLS project or Chinese one ?

In the long term , the MILGEM-Pakistan project will allow Pakistan to become the 11th or 12th country in the world which can develop and produce indigenous frigates.

However, another important detail is that we can see the Chinese and Turkish navionic systems for the first time on a common platform. If these three countries move forward with a common strategy, they can provide simultaneous activity in both Russian, EU and US potential markets in the future.

The SAM missiles to be installed on corvette will be Chinese so I think the VLS will also be purchased from China bro.

Last edited:
On MILGEM?
Yes.

@aziqbal
During the conversation with the CNS Pakistan, the four ADA/MilGem (dubbed Jinnah Class by the PN) Class corvettes for Pakistan were also mentioned. Two of the ships will be constructed in Turkey while the remaining two will be built at the KS&EW Shipyard in Karachi. The CNS Pakistan Admiral ABBASI noted that as their ships will be equipped with Medium-Range Air Defence Missile System (LY-80/HHQ-16) launched from a Vertical Launching System (VLS, with 16 cells) installed behind the main deck gun, a modified version of the Combat Management System (based on GENESIS) will be integrated to the vessels.

https://www.defenceturkey.com/en/co...cise-pakistan-turkey-defence-cooperation-3454

The PN came in clutch.

16 cell VLS for the HQ-16. The ships will also use an 'indigenous missile system,' so either Harbah or the supersonic missile the PN is developing (as per 2017-2018 MoDP report).

I think Harbah already went onto FACs so most probably, a diversification will take place here in this regard. May be for the last two ships but seems the case for new supersonic Missile.

I think Harbah already went onto FACs so most probably, a diversification will take place here in this regard. May be for the last two ships but seems the case for new supersonic Missile.
For anti-ship warfare, I'd equip the supersonic ASCM (i.e. on MILGEM, 054A/P, F-22P and the Damen corvettes). Leave land attack to the FACs.

For anti-ship warfare, I'd equip the supersonic ASCM (i.e. on MILGEM, 054A/P, F-22P and the Damen corvettes). Leave land attack to the FACs.

That my be the case however, I will deploy my battle group in mix & complex weapon offensive. FACs can move around under SAM/AAM cover waiting to off-load for land attack but having the capability of net centric where my forward deployed battleship can take control of weapon in-case FACs can't get closer for favourable range. In the meantime, 054A/P will also carry Harbah beside other limited goodies around and Jinnah class may carry the 16VLS HQ9 with Supersonic Missile in forward deployed mission. F-22P with Damen corvettes can supplement the anti-ship warfare but not necessarily with supersonic ASCM alone. Conclusively, why should I let my enemy guess as what's heading towards them.

@Quwa @The Eagle @Sulman Badshah @Rashid Mahmood What is the armament storage capacity for Milgems, Type-054 A/Ps, F-22P or any other ship in/ will be in PN? Which of these ships also deploy Auto-loaders as well?

You may be asking for too much my friend beside that, there is less for public domain but say what; couple of these ships may carry an anti-Sub capability beyond one can expect. I hope that it will like hunting in pack like wolf to exhaust your prey to give up.

Detail design mockup of 4 corvette

71105749_2699070570156503_6951254270490443776_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom