What's new

Pakistan-Turkey 4 Milgem Ada Class Corvettes Contract - Construction started

It's not. Look, you know we are not China that build ships like cars... this is the case on this side of the world, France or Britain would prabably build this kind of vessel in a similiar time frame. Which both Turkey and Pakistan agreed upon this time frame. Btw, don't tell me damian, it was an OPV not a stealth warship, and it was pretty basic design. You can see the difference when you look how Jinnah Class is different than our original Ada.
I understand your point, you believe your state needs this warships urgently because of tension but there is nothing we can do about that, All this modifications and building stealth warships needs time. I wish Pakistan ordered them before so you could have them now, but the rules of the real world it is different.
Ya I know, I don't blame Turkey for this. I blame PN for this mess, they should've worked on this while it was still a blueprint.

Good things come to those who are patient, in due time they shall be with us thanks to our Turkish brothers.
Unfortunately that doesnt work when war in on your doorstep

PN would have surely discussed the time frame involved before signing the final deal. Stop whining about this now.
Whining? Watch your mouth boi. I merely stated that it's a tight squeeze

Sir considering the Indo Pak tensions we immediately require some capable naval platforms.
Exactly my point, PN shouldve saw this coming and realized they are the weak link.

I wish we learn and come up with our own indigenous warships.
Why reinvent the wheel? Take both Turkish and Chinese experience and make something that is your own. Shouldn't be hard to do after all they are getting the technology for both designs. I fully believe that's what PN is doing now. Collecting as much experience and knowledge about ship building, to compensate for the lost time.

Exactly my point, PN shouldve saw this coming and realized they are the weak link.

A statement is made once, you have continuously mentioned in the thread that its taking too long.....we are talking about a ship boi not a toyota corolla....

SFAT, Pakistan MILGEM Corvette project stages:

• September 2018 contract
• Actual start of March 2019
• August 2023 Delivery of the 1st Corvette in Istanbul
• February 2024 2nd delivery of the corvette to the liver
• August 2024 Delivery of the 3rd Corvette in Istanbul
• February 2025 4th delivery of the corvette in the liver

collected

Ya I know, I don't blame Turkey for this. I blame PN for this mess, they should've worked on this while it was still a blueprint.

Unfortunately that doesnt work when war in on your doorstep

Why reinvent the wheel? Take both Turkish and Chinese experience and make something that is your own. Shouldn't be hard to do after all they are getting the technology for both designs. I fully believe that's what PN is doing now. Collecting as much experience and knowledge about ship building, to compensate for the lost time.
In cas of Jinnah class Pakistan shall get some sort of self reliance in ship building but it is a long term project further we cannot blame PN alone as I am quite assured that previous naval heads may have had their plans but due to sanctions first we were unable to get at least two to three more OHPs, further our finances and preference in funds by ranking i.e Army, Air force and Navy may have hindered the required progress as AK MBT production is slow and we are still searching for well required attack helicopters, in case of PAF we are unable to get 4.5 th Gen jet in medium to heavy category.
But fact is that Indo Pak situation is serious and PN at least in case of air defense is below par as compared to adversary. May be PN if considers the current scenario should go for immediate upgrade of four F22P with capable SAM/Radar combo, meanwhile if OHP is even if armed with capable SAM can play an effective role in case of any expected conflict. Meanwhile perhaps our Agosta 90 submarines upgraded with Babur CM can play the most vital role in near future.

A statement is made once, you have continuously mentioned in the thread that its taking too long.....we are talking about a ship boi not a toyota corolla....
Muffin that's becuse I've been quoted and answering those quotes. So do keep your nasty words to yourself of you dont have anything worth contributing

It's not. Look, you know we are not China that build ships like cars... this is the case on this side of the world, France or Britain would prabably build this kind of vessel in a similiar time frame. Which both Turkey and Pakistan agreed upon this time frame. Btw, don't tell me damian, it was an OPV not a stealth warship, and it was pretty basic design. You can see the difference when you look how Jinnah Class is different than our original Ada.
I understand your point, you believe your state needs this warships urgently because of tension but there is nothing we can do about that, All this modifications and building stealth warships needs time. I wish Pakistan ordered them before so you could have them now, but the rules of the real world it is different.
Kardesim, the delay was caused by your end not on the Part of PN. The deal was previously negotiated with The Shipyard directly and the first J-Class vessel was to be Commisioned by 2021 the same timeline was to be followed with the Type-054APs for the J-Class vessels. The design and specs had already been finalised by Istanbul Shipyards back in 2015 when they responded to the tender. URD(User Required Document) covers all the specs which are to be needed in a platform to which the OEMs respond to. However consequent to the final signing of the document Your Govt formally asked MoD to wait till the formulation of ASFAT consortium. Consequently when ASFAT was formulated the whole cycle of Negotiations restarted as it has to cover each and every nitty gritty involved. And those negotiations only completed in the first quarter of 2019 totally delaying the timeline for the project and vessels induction. For information of all the members here on the forum don't jump to conclusions and always blame your own institutions. If it were upto PN they would have had 054s,Milgems by now but Geo Politics and Techalities are always at play for us.

Kardesim, the delay was caused by your end not on the Part of PN. The deal was previously negotiated with The Shipyard directly and the first J-Class vessel was to be Commisioned by 2021 the same timeline was to be followed with the Type-054APs for the J-Class vessels. The design and specs had already been finalised by Istanbul Shipyards back in 2015 when they responded to the tender. URD(User Required Document) covers all the specs which are to be needed in a platform to which the OEMs respond to. However consequent to the final signing of the document Your Govt formally asked MoD to wait till the formulation of ASFAT consortium. Consequently when ASFAT was formulated the whole cycle of Negotiations restarted as it has to cover each and every nitty gritty involved. And those negotiations only completed in the first quarter of 2019 totally delaying the timeline for the project and vessels induction. For information of all the members here on the forum don't jump to conclusions and always blame your own institutions. If it were upto PN they would have had 054s,Milgems by now but Geo Politics and Techalities are always at play for us.
hmmm... I wonder where that leaves the PN mini-SSK. STM said they submitted the design proposal, but the last we heard of the mini-SSK was in the 16-17 MoDP report.

Low altidute Surface to Air Missile Hisar-A completed tests and goes to serial production. I believe Pakistan can use this missiles naval version on its modified Ada class frigates instead of chinese one.

More information about Hisar missiles can be found here http://www.roketsan.com.tr/en/product/hisar-hava-savunma-fuzeleri/

Medium altidute and range Hisar missile is development phase and expected to be ready with in a year. Long range Hisar Missile(New name -Siper Missile) will be aster mssile equalivent and will be efective against both air breating targets and balistic mcissiles

Hisarr-1-1024x370.jpg

HisarF%C3%BCzesi-1-1024x370.jpg

Hisar-1-1024x370.jpg

Hisarrr-1-1024x370.jpg

Hisarrrr-1-1024x370.jpg

Low altidute Surface to Air Missile Hisar-A completed tests and goes to serial production. I believe Pakistan can use this missiles naval version on its modified Ada class frigates instead of chinese one.

More information about Hisar missiles can be found here http://www.roketsan.com.tr/en/product/hisar-hava-savunma-fuzeleri/

Medium altidute and range Hisar missile is development phase and expected to be ready with in a year. Long range Hisar Missile(New name -Siper Missile) will be aster mssile equalivent and will be efective against both air breating targets and balistic mcissiles

Hisarr-1-1024x370.jpg

HisarF%C3%BCzesi-1-1024x370.jpg

Hisar-1-1024x370.jpg

Hisarrr-1-1024x370.jpg

Hisarrrr-1-1024x370.jpg
The PN selected the HQ-16 for now, but if they're going to make a switch, I'd prefer we opt for the Umkhonto EIR with ToT (for that and the 60-km range Umkhonto ER or Marlin SAM) to manufacture turn-key and develop further.

The Army went ahead with the HQ-16, but I hope, somehow or someway, the PAF and PN pivot and go for a ToT-driven solution together.

That said, I'd love for us to buy into the Hisar-U and SIPER long-range SAM projects. Either or both could be a solid fit on the Type 054A/P frigates.

EG2S8tVWwAA6Hil

I class Frigate subsystems :

Torpedo Jamming and Counter Measure System - Indigenous
*Close-in weapon system (imported for the first ship, indeginous for other ships)
Torpedo Launcher system - Indigenous
**Anti-sub Lightweight torpedo -
25mm remote controlled stabilized naval gun system - indigenous
ASW countermeasure suites - indigenous
ASW decoys and launchers - indigenous
Surface-to-Surface / Anti Ship Cruise missile - indigenous
Naval Combat Management Systems - indigenous
SATCOM - indigenous
Search and rescue radar - Indigenous
Hull mounted Sonar - Indigenous
Towed Sonar - Indigenous
Fire control radar - indigenous
WAIS - indigenous
IFF Suite - indigenous
Navigation radar - indigenous
Electronic Attack Suites - indigenous
Electronic Support Suites - indigenous
*****3D search radar
Infrared search tracking system - indigenous
LPI radar -indigenous
Electro Optical director - indigenous
Laser warning system - indigenous
Chaff and decoys - indigenous
**Medium-range surface-to-air missile
***Vertical Launching System
****76mm Main Gun System

****** Ship's propulsion and transmission sub systems

* Indigenous product is ready.
** Indigenous product testing and/or acceptance process is ongoing.
*** Project activities are ongoing. No images have been shared with the press yet.
**** Indigenous product project has not been announced yet. However, electromagnetic weapons as main gun development projects are officially in progress.
***** Production under license. However, indigenous production capacity has been reached.
****** There is no indigenous project. However, such a planning was announced.

Last edited:
EG2S8tVWwAA6Hil

I class Frigate subsystems :

Torpedo Jamming and Counter Measure System - Indigenous
*Close-in weapon system (imported for the first ship, indeginous for other ships)
Torpedo Launcher system - Indigenous
**Anti-sub Lightweight torpedo -
25mm remote controlled stabilized naval gun system - indigenous
ASW countermeasure suites - indigenous
ASW decoys and launchers - indigenous
Surface-to-Surface / Anti Ship Cruise missile - indigenous
Naval Combat Management Systems - indigenous
SATCOM - indigenous
Search and rescue radar - Indigenous
Hull mounted Sonar - Indigenous
Towed Sonar - Indigenous
Fire control radar - indigenous
WAIS - indigenous
IFF Suite - indigenous
Navigation radar - indigenous
Electronic Attack Suites - indigenous
Electronic Support Suites - indigenous
*****3D search radar
Infrared search tracking system - indigenous
LPI radar -indigenous
Electro Optical director - indigenous
Laser warning system - indigenous
Chaff and decoys - indigenous
**Medium-range surface-to-air missile
***Vertical Launching System
****76mm Main Gun System

****** Ship's propulsion and transmission sub systems

* Indigenous product is ready.
** Indigenous product testing and/or acceptance process is ongoing.
*** Project activities are ongoing. No images have been shared with the press yet.
**** Indigenous product project has not been announced yet. However, electromagnetic weapons as main gun development projects are officially in progress.
***** Production under license. However, indigenous production capacity has been reached.
****** There is no indigenous project. However, such a planning was announced.
what will happen of choppers sir ?

The PN selected the HQ-16 for now, but if they're going to make a switch, I'd prefer we opt for the Umkhonto EIR with ToT (for that and the 60-km range Umkhonto ER or Marlin SAM) to manufacture turn-key and develop further.

The Army went ahead with the HQ-16, but I hope, somehow or someway, the PAF and PN pivot and go for a ToT-driven solution together.

That said, I'd love for us to buy into the Hisar-U and SIPER long-range SAM projects. Either or both could be a solid fit on the Type 054A/P frigates.
any sam less then 100km range is not worth for TOT we have tons of sams less then 100km ranges

Back
Top Bottom