What's new

Pakistan to send astronauts into space in two years :Air chief Marshal

The current ISS will be decommissioned.
China is the only way if you want to be in a station in the immediate future.

Next ISS will possibly orbit Earth in late 2020s and be pushed towards the moon in 2030s.

ISS has been extended to 2024. We will see what happens in the next few years as reusable mega rockets come on line.

While it is very possible China will put a Pakistani in orbit within the next two years keep in mind only 11 Chinese astronauts have been sent up since 2003.

Ok one last question. Is it impossible to operate a space station without human presence like do all space station require humans on board
Perhaps in the future (not too distant) they could use robots to do carry out activities that at this time require human handling and input,,,,at this time their is always somebody on the international space station.

Leaving the part on whose rocket they'll be flying, the next question would be for what purpose? Where is the Air Chief going to find outstanding PhD's in Physics / Chemistry / Metallurgy / Engineering disciplines who are also fit enough for astronaut training, or is it going to be gimmicks only and sifarshi fighter pilot would be strapping himself in?

Think about it. Do we have such people / such research projects in the pipeline? Or is it just that we have way too much dollars to burn. Or maybe it's going to be free joy ride?

Don't forget Saudi's also went to space once upon a time. LOL.

Fauj zara akkal kay nakhun paida karray, aur sabb say pehlay SUPARCO ko wapas zinda karray. Next step would be reviving SLV program.

I MEAN WHAT THE ****. JF17 BETTER THAN F16. MAKING A FIFTH GEN FIGHTER ALLLLLLLL BY OURSELVES. WHAT KIND OF HASH THEY ARE SELLING AT AIR UNIVERSITY NOWADAYS. AND BY THE WAY I HATE ALL CAPS.

Someone read the crap below. Word for word.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1375166/intruders-traced-on-radar-wont-be-able-to-go-back-warns-air-chief

Leaving the part on whose rocket they'll be flying, the next question would be for what purpose? Where is the Air Chief going to find outstanding PhD's in Physics / Chemistry / Metallurgy / Engineering disciplines who are also fit enough for astronaut training, or is it going to be gimmicks only and sifarshi fighter pilot would be strapping himself in?

Think about it. Do we have such people / such research projects in the pipeline? Or is it just that we have way too much dollars to burn. Or maybe it's going to be free joy ride?

Don't forget Saudi's also went to space once upon a time. LOL.

Fauj zara akkal kay nakhun paida karray, aur sabb say pehlay SUPARCO ko wapas zinda karray. Next step would be reviving SLV program.

I MEAN WHAT THE ****. JF17 BETTER THAN F16. MAKING A FIFTH GEN FIGHTER ALLLLLLLL BY OURSELVES. WHAT KIND OF HASH THEY ARE SELLING AT AIR UNIVERSITY NOWADAYS. AND BY THE WAY I HATE ALL CAPS.

Someone read the crap below. Word for word.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1375166/intruders-traced-on-radar-wont-be-able-to-go-back-warns-air-chief
Exactly...all valid points.

The Saudi guy is the youngest astronaut to have gone in space....

Of my life, I've spent very limited time in Pakistan, however, that has been enough for me to come to conclusion, which is, there is no methodology to the thought process of this nation.

Everyone above the rank of Air Cdre needs to be educated on where we stand vis-a-vis STEM as step one.

Exactly...all valid points.

The Saudi guy is the youngest astronaut to have gone in space....

SUPARCO is back in business again! Good job!
Our ACM is a visionist and God bless him. He's done a lot! Pak Airforce Zindabad!

While it is very possible China will put a Pakistani in orbit within the next two years keep in mind only 11 Chinese astronauts have been sent up since 2003.
It's not possible in two years.
I meant the next decade by "immediate future".
It's too late to get on ISS1 and it'll be too early for ISS2.

But again, I'm considering even the next decade for only argument's sake. That is if Pakistan is serious about this.
In reality, they're not.
The Marshall probably said "If we want, we can do it in two years. China big buddy." just to encourage students.

Last edited:
Ashoka never ruled them, this is myth like Ranjit Singh ruled Jalalabad and Marathas ruled KPK:omghaha: and going by this logic India is British and parts of it are Portuguese lol, at least in the case of Brits and Portuguese their is clear proof they ruled the abomination they created!:lol::lol::lol:
Going deeper into history, by his logic all of india is muslim as muslims ruled over india for a much much longer period than any other power, i seriously feel sorry for these pathetic bjp types bakhts, they conjure up fantasies to curb the massive inferiority complex they house due to a 1000 yrs muslim rule in india.:lol:

Going deeper into history, by his logic all of india is muslim as muslims ruled over india for a much much longer period than any other power, i seriously feel sorry for these pathetic bjp types bakhts, they conjure up fantasies to curb the massive inferiority complex they house due to a 1000 yrs muslim rule in india.:lol:
Absolutely, totally concur with each and every word.Kudos bro

I just can't get motivated for this news as much as I love astronomy etc
Pakistan is better off to maintain a low profile , low orbit research or perhaps send a investigatory mission to Moon just send a orbitor however moon mission requires a powerful rocket

Do we have such a item ? to get to Moon

Love the ambition just ... timing is a bit off

• Water / Dams
  • Hospitals
  • School upgrade
  • Railways

What I feel should be our main objective

However don't mind unmanned mission to investigate Moon just a modified Shaheen 4 or 5
Some R&D on few Rockets would be not bad or heavy on budget

Last edited:
I just can't get motivated for this news as much as I love astronomy etc
Pakistan is better off to maintain a low profile , low orbit research or perhaps send a investigatory mission to Moon just send a orbitor however moon mission requires a powerful rocket

Do we have such a item ? to get to Moon

Love the ambition just ... timing is a bit off

• Water / Dams
  • Hospitals
  • School upgrade
  • Railways

What I feel should be our main objective

However don't mind unmanned mission to investigate Moon just a modified Shaheen 4 or 5
Some R&D on few Rockets would be not bad or heavy on budget

People tend to overestimate the financial cost of a space program. The Indian mission to mars cost less than 75-million USD. If Pakistan can find 200-million USD a year for its space program, it can have a fledging space program in no time. Problem is Pakistani leaders lack the vision to dream big. It took ZA Bhutto years convincing the military about the dividends of a nuclear program. A similar personality is needed to convince both the military and political leadership today. Not only does it bring prestige and help improve Pakistan’s battered image problem, it will kick start a whole deal of scientific revitalization in the country. Overtime, the program will pay for itself like ISRO. One organization, apart of its navy, that India has miraculously run efficiently and competently.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom