What's new

Pakistan to send astronauts into space in two years :Air chief Marshal

Overtime, the program will pay for itself like ISRO. One organization, apart of its navy, that India has miraculously run efficiently and competently.
Because they're both based off the South.:devil:

Anyway, Pakistan should look into start ups for space science.
There are many start ups that are creating low cost rockets.
SUPARCO can't be expected to emulate ISRO now with bullock carts and bicycles and a make shift Space Centre in a Church.
It's either go big or go start up.

The current ISS will be decommissioned.
China is the only way if you want to be in a station in the immediate future.

Next ISS will possibly orbit Earth in late 2020s and be pushed towards the moon in 2030s.

It is not known if there will be another ISS.

There is certainly a Russian project called OPSEK[1] about a post-2020 Russia-only successor to the ISS.

In any case, 2020's will see at least one Mars settlement attempt. Most probably by Elon Musk.

---

[1] http://www.russianspaceweb.com/opsek.html

It is not known if there will be another ISS.

There is certainly a Russian project called OPSEK[1] about a post-2020 Russia-only successor to the ISS.

In any case, 2020's will see at least one Mars settlement attempt. Most probably by Elon Musk.

---

[1] http://www.russianspaceweb.com/opsek.html
No. There's an international plan that is partially secretive. It'll be smaller than the current ISS, but much deeper.
gallery-1490889380-screen-shot-2017-03-30-at-115553-am.png

its not so difficult today to send astronauts in space these days. the difficult job is to bring them back alive.

For all the posters here complaining about funds being misspent on this, how about getting the Pakistanis who are in the country pay their share of taxes? Then you will have the money you want for education and development and medicine and whatnot.

You are correct. I hadn't thought of that.

But going to the International Space Station ( ISS ) will be more beneficial than just going in a Chinese capsule.

Or maybe the Pakistanis will go to the Tiangong-2 space laboratory.

But if I could, I would recommend the ISS.

ISS is not open for everyone, and Pakistan don't have good relationship with US these days so not easy to get access.

But if isro starts sending satellite for commercial uses like launchign satellites for othe rcoutnries , pvt channels etc then they can milk money from it ,a whole commerical industry opens lot more avenues for money inflow
it might but for the most part it will not
remebr i said satellite launching is ok but going to advance for launching astronauts is not untill atleast your become a middle income country for extremely poor, atleast be ahead of half of the countries int he world

it might but for the most part it will not
remebr i said satellite launching is ok but going to advance for launching astronauts is not untill atleast your become a middle income country for extremely poor, atleast be ahead of half of the countries int he world
When i had said this i had meant to say they use their cash inflows from commercial sattelite launch industry to source funds for astronaut missions but in general i totally agree with ur point that U cant give good life to ur citizens and u are out to explore life on other planets whilst u shud understand that before u inhabit other planets u need to put in place conditions that will friendly to human survival , which u are yet to achieve in ur own country at the moment.

ISS is not open for everyone, and Pakistan don't have good relationship with US these days so not easy to get access.

The Russians used to take wealthy people to the ISS ( single paid seat on the Soyuz spacecraft ). Pakistan can try convincing Russia to take the two Pakistanis to ISS.

Or perhaps Pak government wants to keep its China ties active in this field too.

The Russians used to take wealthy people to the ISS ( single paid seat on the Soyuz spacecraft ). Pakistan can try convincing Russia to take the two Pakistanis to ISS.

Or perhaps Pak government wants to keep its China ties active in this field too.

Why take difficult and expensive path when cheaper, easy, reliable path with possible ToT is available.

When i had said this i had meant to say they use their cash inflows from commercial sattelite launch industry to source funds for astronaut missions but in general i totally agree with ur point that U cant give good life to ur citizens and u are out to explore life on other planets whilst u shud understand that before u inhabit other planets u need to put in place conditions that will friendly to human survival , which u are yet to achieve in ur own country at the moment.
i dont think ISRO generates enough revenue to fund a manned mission without govt funds... traditionally ISRO has been very conservative and limited itself to projects that brings immediate benefit(weather, remote sensing etc) but they recently they have started to do projects that are more tech demonstrator of capability than bring any real benefit(chandrayan for example)... if they can keep the cost low, I think we can afford it.
There are people in India who oppose human flight on that basis(priority should be poverty alleviation not space exploration).. and the more ambitious project is, the more opposition will be. We need to strike a balance somewhere. Having NO space program is not an option for big country like India....

i dont think ISRO generates enough revenue to fund a manned mission without govt funds... traditionally ISRO has been very conservative and limited itself to projects that brings immediate benefit(weather, remote sensing etc) but they recently they have started to do projects that are more tech demonstrator of capability than bring any real benefit(chandrayan for example)... if they can keep the cost low, I think we can afford it.
There are people in India who oppose human flight on that basis(priority should be poverty alleviation not space exploration).. and the more ambitious project is, the more opposition will be. We need to strike a balance somewhere. Having NO space program is not an option for big country like India....
So even if isro makes profits commercially its never going to be large enough to sponsor a manned space mission?

Btw ididnot get ur last line that having no space program is not an option for a big country like india. Launching ur own satellites ,developing staellite launch vehicles is an understandable thing because every country should seek self dependency in these areas. But what indias size has to do with space missions?

But about space exploration missions , i frankly dont believe humans are going to inhabit other palnets and not nay time soon. Any space program that could offer u leaps in defence area , should be pursued cause after all national security matters , like some people said some mars missions involved vehicles or space boosters technology which is similar to MRLV tech, but otherwise i find these space or mars exploration missions futile specially for a country like india riddled with poverty issues. Some people say the data gathered form these space missions serves as a huge service to entire scientific community and helps in further future space discoveries, but the point remains how does all that data colelctoon benefit a common man on the street.

I personally find many space exploration missions specially aimed at Mars sent by even west as waste infact gross waste of money. To me such missions are more of a show of wealth and are extravagance that could be afforded by cash rich western states. And In case of india its more about prestige and gaining respect in worlds eyes oh see we have sent missions even though the data gathered from those missions is yet to elevate the economical status of a common indian man.

Space travel can be postponned not really missing anything great out there
No point to burn billions and then one person experiences Zero G and then he comes back after 1-2 weeks

Such ventures are reasonable when GDP figures are high and state of our Cities it at international standard

Just buy a simulator and train Astronauts and develop local programs but only venture in space when we have mastered econmoy at home

This could be a prelude to a future 365x24 manned space station. The benefits would be research in new technologies, monitoring of weather anomalies, but most importantly, a command and control centre for other space assets. I would like to see a Pakistani module attaching to Chinese space station one day.

So even if isro makes profits commercially its never going to be large enough to sponsor a manned space mission?

Btw ididnot get ur last line that having no space program is not an option for a big country like india. Launching ur own satellites ,developing staellite launch vehicles is an understandable thing because every country should seek self dependency in these areas. But what indias size has to do with space missions?

But about space exploration missions , i frankly dont believe humans are going to inhabit other palnets and not nay time soon. Any space program that could offer u leaps in defence area , should be pursued cause after all national security matters , like some people said some mars missions involved vehicles or space boosters technology which is similar to MRLV tech, but otherwise i find these space or mars exploration missions futile specially for a country like india riddled with poverty issues. Some people say the data gathered form these space missions serves as a huge service to entire scientific community and helps in further future space discoveries, but the point remains how does all that data colelctoon benefit a common man on the street.

I personally find many space exploration missions specially aimed at Mars sent by even west as waste infact gross waste of money. To me such missions are more of a show of wealth and are extravagance that could be afforded by cash rich western states. And In case of india its more about prestige and gaining respect in worlds eyes oh see we have sent missions even though the data gathered from those missions is yet to elevate the economical status of a common indian man.
I mean a big country like India cannot remain dependent on foreign power forever... if I was a citizen of smaller country I would prefer collaboration, being part of a group to keep cost low, even under influence of a bigger power(and in return give some of my sovereignty)... but bigger countries, which can join groups for mutual benefit, need to have programs of their own.. this has been the view of early congress leaders after independence, which is why we joined NAM(non aligned movement)...
so space program or any such program that others will be hesitant to share tech, is a must.... (did not mean manned mission as such).
I do believe we should, as humanity, explore space... and may be look to colonize other place... Richer countries can definitely afford it, and should do it.. not very sure if poor countries like India do it..
Richer countries can also do space exploration to research fundamental science.. to find secrets of universe.. purely to gain knowledge.. not to gain any immediate benefit to taxpayer... lot of development you see in science started like that...

Who decides in Pakistan that 2 of its citizens will be sent to space on state expenses? Is it the Air Chief, Army Chief or civilian government?

They became desi when Ashoka ruled over them and later when they joined SAARC. Many tributaries of Indus River System originates and flow through Afghanistan.

Well in that sense Indians also became Mongol, Arab, Afghan and Persian during Mughal, Persian and Afghan rules...

We did it back in 84' with Russian help . This thread is about Pak sending men in space , do try not to derail it.

It says Pakistan will send astronauts in space (On a home built vehicle with Chinese help)
In your case Russia sent indian astronauts in space, india didn't.
See a difference?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom