What's new

Pakistan to send astronauts into space in two years :Air chief Marshal

A Pak has already done that.

If you mean Namira Salim, then there are two points :

1. She was supposed to travel to sub-orbital altitude ( below 100 kms, not true space ) on Richard Branson's Virgin Galactic aerospace vehicle.

2. That hasn't happened yet.

For me , personally it would be a feet when we sent out Astronauts ourself ... in our space shuttles... I hope to see that day in my lifetime.

I wish this is an all-South-Asian thing.

There have been only two desi space travelers - Rakesh Sharma of India and Abdul Ahad Mohmand of Afghanistan.

We should have a combined effort.

Last edited:
The Air Chief, answering a question, disclosed that Pakistan is currently working to manufacture next generation aircraft with the support of Chinese experts. In addition, China is also providing technical support to Pakistan for launching satellite program.

He further said that Pakistan is annually manufacturing 16 to 20 JF-17 aircraft which are much better than F-16 planes in performance. Talking about importance of national defence, he said that currently Pakistan is on right track to curb terrorism. The Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman emphasized that security, stability and prosperity are interlinked in the today’s world.

So we are going for a Chinese 5th Gen, should soon be launching our own satellites and more than happy with JF17s.

Finally!

A belated yet step in the right direction nevertheless!

If some can recall Pak was heading towards SLVs... a couple or so decades ago... all the right things are already in place.

Without leveraging space assets economic, social development will be tall order... not to mention national security implications. From Eastern to Western borders... all should be under Pak observation.

Looks like Aerospace is the key focus now of Pak National Security managers. Good thing!

It will be done thanks to our Chinese friends and it really is very difficult indeed, that is why even now fast approaching 2018 a nation with 1.2+ billion like India is unable to achieve this objective through indigenous efforts.

That is because South Asian governments and systems - this is not limited to India - do not encourage thinking out-of-the-box. :)

Are these news even real ?
One of my friends from air university mentioned that his friend heard the same thing from Air Force chief but I can't confirm it.

We did it back in 84' with Russian help . This thread is about Pak sending men in space , do try not to derail it.
Did you ever happen to read the comments made by @django before replying? He clearly mentioned indigenous

Space Travel is expensive venture , and we can't play around in that area till our GDP hits 600-800 Million mark

Space travel can be postponned not really missing anything great out there
No point to burn billions and then one person experiences Zero G and then he comes back after 1-2 weeks

Such ventures are reasonable when GDP figures are high and state of our Cities it at international standard

Just buy a simulator and train Astronauts and develop local programs but only venture in space when we have mastered econmoy at home

There have been only two desi space travelers - Rakesh Sharma of India and Abdul Ahad Mohmand of Afghanistan
Bhai since when did Afghans become desis, heck they are not even anywhere near the Indus region which in itself is a separate region from the Ganga both culturally, ethnically, linguistically, historically and spiritually.Kudos bhai

Who decides in Pakistan that 2 of its citizens will be sent to space on state expenses? Is it the Air Chief, Army Chief or civilian government?

Bhai since when did Afghans become desis, heck they are not even anywhere near the Indus region which in itself is a separate region from the Ganga both culturally, ethnically, linguistically, historically and spiritually.Kudos bhai
They became desi when Ashoka ruled over them and later when they joined SAARC. Many tributaries of Indus River System originates and flow through Afghanistan.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom