What's new

Pakistan to install air defence system at Pak-Afghan border

Does this include drone violations also ?

You must be mistake, I don't think it is truth. I have heard same rumor. China has deployed S300 in China territory to protect Pakistan against US aggression after 28 martyers deaths. I doubt we have HQ-9 here in Pakistan.

We do have HQ-9's here in Pakistan and different variants are deployed in different locations to cater to the threat from the East. All these batteries are installed in sensitive locations and to our border on the East, they will never be deployed on our Western borders. These missiles are designed to engage enemy aircrafts at high altitudes, not at all low altitudes against targets like helicopters. This is just topi drama to keep the public happy, at most MANPAD's have been released from the Army stock. PA is well aware of the fact that a shooting war between NATO and Pakistan will end as a defeat for Pakistan. Only a fool fights a battle he knows he cannot win. Pakistan is following the smart strategy and they are hitting NATO where it hurts, economically. The price of fuel has tripled for NATO and they are fast running out. The better alternative is to support factions in Afghanistan that are Pro Pakistan and it appears this is exactly the strategy that Pakistan is following.

It could very well be HQ-9 or Spada 2000.
I would go with the first one though.

HQ-9 and Spada 2000 are designed to engage bogies at medium and high altitudes, not helicopters that fly at low altitudes.

Does this include drone violations also ?

Yes why not i would sure think so .... that should be the idea but knowing this courpt gov who knows.

I would love to hear that paf or pak army do something like iranians. even shoot down a predator drone etc. Anything to hurt american interets

That would hurt your interest far far more than American interests.

The cost of a predator is loose change when in seen with the context of the mil budget.

We have HQ-9 ;)
Yes seems Anza, but one flaw in Anza is that it can't take down fighters. It is ideal for UAVs and Choppers, whereas the context talks about fighters too.

your above statement is wrong factually as PA did shoot down indian mig 27 and a mig 21 using anza II shoulder fired missile during kargil in addition to choppers. so their is no "flow" as u say with anza.
now we have developed anza III which has increased range upto 5KM and a bigger warhead.
Also remember most of these border posts are around 8000 feet, so the chances of them missing any thing are very slim

We do have HQ-9's here in Pakistan and different variants are deployed in different locations to cater to the threat from the East. All these batteries are installed in sensitive locations and to our border on the East, they will never be deployed on our Western borders. These missiles are designed to engage enemy aircrafts at high altitudes, not at all low altitudes against targets like helicopters. This is just topi drama to keep the public happy, at most MANPAD's have been released from the Army stock. PA is well aware of the fact that a shooting war between NATO and Pakistan will end as a defeat for Pakistan. Only a fool fights a battle he knows he cannot win. Pakistan is following the smart strategy and they are hitting NATO where it hurts, economically. The price of fuel has tripled for NATO and they are fast running out. The better alternative is to support factions in Afghanistan that are Pro Pakistan and it appears this is exactly the strategy that Pakistan is following.

I am surprised at this point, I am impressed. You know, I always talked about the need of S-300. Again, why disclose information here despite unofficial rumours or no announcement ?

+1 :tup:

EDIT: http://www.defence.pk/forums/wmd-mi...ese-interceptor-missile-defense-2012-a-2.html, it was joke or something.

Pakistan said EXACTLY the same thing after the raid on Osama's hideout in Abottabad. But no action was taken and it was back to business as usual!

Will this AD deployment see the light of day now? Or will they forget and forgive again, until the next incident takes place? Let's wait and see!

But then it would perhaps be a bad idea to deploy SAMs to take on NATO air assets! This could turn into a bash-up that could spread to other areas and not remain confined to a particular area of operations. A graduated but quick response from both sides would spell disaster especially for Pakistan. The only viable option would be to deploy shoulder fired missiles and AA guns against intruding choppers.

And then, how effective are radars in the terrain obtaining on the AFPAK border. The ground clutter will render much of it ineffective against low flying targets.

Cheers!

PA is well aware of the fact that a shooting war between NATO and Pakistan will end as a defeat for Pakistan. Only a fool fights a battle he knows he cannot win. .

The shooting war between Vietnam and the US at Tonkin Bay in 1968 did not end with Vietnam's defeat, how it ended we all know, don't we? I'm not saying that the Pakistani troops should be trigger happy, but why is it that some Pakistani's do not miss any opportunity to portray the US as an invincible power? The shooting war at this point between Pakistan and the US won't lead to Pakistan's demise but it will certainly lead to a regional war and take my word for it, the warmongers in Washington are quite aware of it. So, even if the Pakistani troops fire back at the US intruders the US won't allow the situation to lead to a war, most probably they will simply deny the occurrence any confrontation.

Air Defence System another joke by pakistani security establishment
actually pakistani army in order to save their skin and salvage their hubris from the ignominious incident of OBL is trying to bluff the nation with such gimmicks
watch kamran shahid saying that in press conference conducted by DGMO general nadeem he claimed the attack on salala was a blunt naked aggression and when asked what is the solution then DGMO opined we cannot fight nato and american technology
so if you cannot fight there technology them what good you make by installing air defence system

Last edited by a moderator:
Air Defence System another joke by pakistani security establishment
actually pakistani army in order to save their skin and salvage their hubris from the ignominious incident of OBL is trying to bluff the nation with such gimmicks
watch kamran shahid saying that in press conference conducted by DGMO general nadeem he claimed the attack on salala was a blunt naked aggression and when asked what is the solution then DGMO opined we cannot fight nato and american technology
so if you cannot fight there technology them what good you make by installing air defence system

Remember, these are american trained, friends of america in the PA. They have been trained never to take arms against the US and that's how they secured promotions and leadership in the PA. They have been bred to take america as an invincible power.

Last edited by a moderator:
1101397225-2.gif

1101397215-2.gif

The troops on ground themselves demanded that they be given shoulder fired SAMs and they'll will be having these from now on. The call to pull the trigger will with the field commanders.

...IMO,
This news is just a 'planted news', under the guise of reliable sources- who is not authorised to speak to media- and speaks on telephone.., and the target being the pakistani citizens ,who are questioning PA's competencies and are asking for stronger action

Back
Top Bottom