What's new

Pakistan to install air defence system at Pak-Afghan border

WASHINGTON: US Department of Defence has said that the new air-defene system installed by Pakistan was of no consequence for America as it posed no danger to their forces deployed in Afghanistan, Geo News reported.

A briefing by Pentagon also stressed that to avoid another Mohmand attack better coordination was the way to go not an air-defence system, adding such tactical decisions were Pakistan’s internal affairs.

The briefing added that warmer Pakistan-US ties were in the broader interest of both strategic partners in war in terror.

Pentagon officials also adamantly maintained that Nato’s attack in Mohmand was involuntary.
US plays down new Pak air-defence system
:unsure:

Trust me its Anza or RBS-70

Spada is a point defense system therefore it is out of the equation.. HQ-9? I doubt we possess such system..

people are going overboard here. We need to deploy them on the border, not to destroy them 100 km inside their territory!

Definitely it will be a MANPADS. Nothing really breaking news here.

people are going overboard here. We need to deploy them on the border, not to destroy them 100 km inside their territory!

I completely agree..

but how we can confirm this news???

Really good point. Electronic jamming is where the American's are leaps and bounds better than the rest of the world. Due to the nature of the tech, it is also easier to hide and be secretive about. No nation in the modern world has been able to withstand it so far.

While we may see a massive gap in the capabilities of Pakistan and Iraq & Libya; from the top...where the Americans are looking from, it all looks the same...I know that sounds crude, but the Americans will only find Pakistan a worthy adversary, relative to other third world countries...not in the grand scheme of things. It may take them a few of weeks extra to gain air superiority, but that's hardly the kind of odds you want to play against.

Equally, I have yet to understand what will be gained if we were to shoot down a NATO aircraft...aside from a further deterioration of relations that may lead to a greater conflict Pakistan can't win. Closing off border to NATO supplies is Pakistan's greatest trump card, any military action against a force so powerful is bound to blow up in our face.

If its all for the sake of protecting our dignity...a more fruitful endeavor maybe, to change our pathetic leadership that has allowed us to end up in this situation.

Exactly sir. We had alot of chest thumping in PAF before joined in WOT along with US. We have seen last ten years. That's clearly answer. We can't do anything. The current situations in Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan is same level as Pakistan, it doesn't make differences or superior than others. Why? Look at the death of 4000 soldiers death and 40000 civlian which we never thought of our people died themselves.

Pakistan has deployed the latest Chinese variant of S-300 missile & radar systems that were quietly and urgently provided by China after Abbatabad raid. These are believed to be able to detect stealth Jets at maximum shooting range.

You must be mistake, I don't think it is truth. I have heard same rumor. China has deployed S300 in China territory to protect Pakistan against US aggression after 28 martyers deaths. I doubt we have HQ-9 here in Pakistan.

Assalam alaikum

@RaptorRX707

u know we r no match for u.s but a better strategy is to cut their supplies and any cooperation in this stupid wot unless new rules laid down ( with compansations and stoppage of media war in western world agains us )

i think our men can be creative and can down 1 or two flying objects but that will fuel the situation. they can exploit that and turn it against us and loose our moral ground ( let's play mazloom card many nations and religions do it for thousand years )

TARIQ

Walaaikumu Salaam (P.S- You don't have to say 'Salaaam' every posts)

You are right, we have no match against West powers. Nothing else. We can't do open full wars against US but we accept to kill soldiers/civilain themselves in a proper way which saved money for US.

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Probably you didn't read my previous posts. Let me past again.

Old thread
As we saw earlier, the helicopter is specifically designed to fly low to the ground, hiding behind cover whenever possible. The Apache is also designed to evade enemy radar scanning. If the pilots pick up radar signals with the onboard scanner, they can activate a radar jammer to confuse the enemy.

The Apache is also designed to evade heat-seeking missiles by reducing its infrared signature (the heat energy it releases). The Black Hole infrared suppression system dissipates the heat of the engine exhaust by mixing it with air flowing around the helicopter. The cooled exhaust then passes through a special filter, which absorbs more heat. The Longbow also has an infrared jammer, which generates infrared energy of varying frequencies to confuse heat-seeking missiles.

The Apache is heavily armored on all sides. Some areas are also surrounded by Kevlar soft armor for extra protection. The cockpit is protected by layers of reinforced armor and bulletproof glass. According to Boeing, every part of the helicopter can survive 12.7-mm rounds, and vital engine and rotor components can withstand 23-mm fire.
A modern helicopter will often be equipped with a radar warning receiver, laser warning receiver, UV or
IR missile approach warning system, a defensive jammer to degrade radar guided SAMs and AAA, and increasingly, undirected or directed infrared jammers to defeat MANPADS.
Source

Anza, Manpads, shoulder to shoulders are useless.

If Pak had secretly inducted FT-2000, then why brag about it now and make the enemy wary of it's existence????? Doesn't make sense.

I would love to hear that paf or pak army do something like iranians. even shoot down a predator drone etc. Anything to hurt american interets

i was against this stupid wot from day one i believed we will have divide in our society and all the promises of dodh or shehd ki nahrain r fake but was called taliban and AQ Supporter

btw, i m boycotting anything american that i can since they attacked and ready to die instead of obeying any of their orders but i know many of my brothers can't do that so i don't push them hard everybody have a limit

TARIQ

Trust me its Anza or RBS-70

Spada is a point defense system therefore it is out of the equation.. HQ-9? I doubt we possess such system..

We have HQ-9 ;)
Yes seems Anza, but one flaw in Anza is that it can't take down fighters. It is ideal for UAVs and Choppers, whereas the context talks about fighters too.

i was against this stupid wot from day one i believed we will have divide in our society and all the promises of dodh or shehd ki nahrain r fake but was called taliban and AQ Supporter

btw, i m boycotting anything american that i can since they attacked u.s and ready to die instead of obeying any of their orders but i know many of my brothers can't do that so i don't push them hard everybody have a limit

This is Pakistan today after War on Terror ten years.

See this picture example

----------
Guys, S-300 or HQ-9 is NOT designated against stealth helicopters, almost 90% Apache/Chinhook cross Pakistan airspaces many times.

We have HQ-9 ;)
Yes seems Anza, but one flaw in Anza is that it can't take down fighters. It is ideal for UAVs and Choppers, whereas the context talks about fighters too.

And as usual not to question your source:D

Why our military leadership are so slow or dumb? They always realized the ground realities after the incident/accident happens.

In my life, I did not remember a single instance (apart from coups against civilians), when they are successful at first hand in preventing something bad happening.

It seems, most of the time, they keep watching and calculating that what will be the right time to disrupt/break the weakest link in a feeble on going democratic process; rather than paying attention to their professional responsibilities at borders.

They do so deliberately, generals of PA are best at doing any thing else except their official duties.
"Abb k maar, Abb k maar " is how every generals replied after every insulting incident.

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

Hi,

Why to disclose this information in the first place----!

Yaar face saving tactics by amry and GoP.

---------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

koi faida nahi,,
when thousabnds of civilians are killed nothing happens ,, but when few army men are kiled then the whole earth is turned upside down,, this nato attack is a joint drama ,,by pakistan and nato,, just kill some men of pk army,, retaliate by blockade,, get public sympathy for corrupt army,, get more perks,, pressure the gov to facilitate army more,, and then get friendly with nato after close doors discussions jut to tell the people issue has been solved,,

pakistan is a colony being enslaved by its own mil inc and its allied or crreated politicians,,

I tell you man, army and agencies won't spare you for writing such a bitter truth.

So u think PAk Nato battle will be 1 side thing !!!!!!!!
No war is going to start between NATo and Pakistan. We may expect boarder clashes but nothing more than that. Neither NATO nor Pakistan can afford such a thing.

Pakistan has decided to install air defence system at Pakistan border to stop future aggression.

According to Dunya News, a comprehensive strategy has been devised to counter any future NATO attack from Afghanistan.

The communication between Pakistan Army and Pakistan Air Force will also be improved in case of any military assault from western borders, Dunya News learnt
Dunya News: Pakistan:p:akistan to install air defence system at Pak-Afgh...

jf-17 squads spiders n panthers must be put on red alert..

since its the Islamabad who gives permission to act, i still think nothing would happen unless gilani or zardari come up to the tv and declare it to the public that any intruding aircrafts will be shot down!

Hi,

Then the news will be relayed to ispr---from there it will go to the millitary HQ---and then someone will call the air force---and the air force guy will call up his supervisor----who would be scared to call the base commander as the base commander just went to bed----.

So---basically nothing would unless it is an indian aircraft---.

Back
Top Bottom