What's new

Pakistan to induct S400 and Pantsir-S1 SAM and Igla-S ManPAD Systems for Air Defence

Besides discussing the possibility of such things, I wouldn't put much stock in those posters just yet. Best to wait for official statements.
This is official thing 3 posters were not a mistake they were put their for a reason and also I know for sure that PANTSIR S was tested by Pakistan year and a half ago so news is right

96K6E-Pantsir-S1E-UAE-2S.jpg

What I love about system is mobility and ease of tactical readjustment and positioning across the city and mountainous regions
seems like some kind of a band group instruments.

From four Mi35s too S400 and whatnot!

I sense a mild sheikh chilli complex here. It's better to wait and hope for the best.

This is official thing 3 posters were not a mistake they were put their for a reason and also I know for sure that PANTSIR S was tested by Pakistan year and a half ago so news is right

If you read the profiles of upcoming AD systems or older systems with newer versions, you will notice a capability to intercept Cruise missiles is highlighted too along with taking down other aerial targets. Igla-S offers it and so does Pantsir, I'm not sure if Anza series offers it too.

Secondly PA had to do something about IAF using CBU 105 and probably that's why many AD systems were tested in the past.

Another upcoming threat is the UCAV/UAV which is also a force multiplier for its intel gathering and data transfer capabilities.

The threat of CM's and UCAV's were generally not present 20 or so years ago which is why AD systems are not procured just to intercept Aircrafts now but a variety of aerial threats.

Also, the Indian modern SAM system Akash cannot fire on the move. So any AD system that Pakistan acquires which can fire on the move is an edge.

Can you compare latest Tor version with Pantsir S latest version?

Also BukM-3 is very highly mobile MR SAM with Anti SRBM capabilities so with aforesaid systems it will create good defense shield wherever deployed.

On the move like Russian system plus a single vehicular based system is meant to accompany armored columns of strike Corp

Tor & Pantsir both fall in same category now both have to be compared, which one is better suited for Pakistani needs.

Did you see the full video ?

This is Tor SAM and it could be good candidate along with Pantsir SM for our large FACs.

http://www.navyrecognition.com/inde...on-of-tor-m2u-air-defense-missile-system.html

http://www.janes.com/article/64945/buk-m3-sam-enters-russian-service

Last edited:
Long-range SAMs are great for high-level air defence coverage, but Pakistan needs to build depth in mobile short-to-medium range SAM systems. Not only will these systems help guard against SEAD and DEAD threats to the long-range system (whatever it might be), but other high-value targets.

Pakistan basically needs a counterpart to the Israeli SYPDER system. There are two routes: collaborate with Turkey on the HİSAR or work with South Africa to develop a SPYDER counterpart using the A-Darter and Umkhonto.

I think a ground-launched A-Darter (7-12 km) and Umkhonto EIR (35 km) would be a good start, but collaborating with Denel to bring the Umkhonto ER (60 km) should be the goal. These can be supported by a search and track AESA radar, perhaps the Saab Giraffe 1X or Aselsan Mobile Search Radar (MSR).

Granted, investment will be necessary to bring these systems to fruition, but in-exchange Pakistan can push for local licensed manufacturing. Speaking of the Aselsan Korkut SPAAG, I'd push for producing a comparable system at home, but by license-manufacturing the Denel Dual Purpose Gun (DPG) and pairing that with electronics developed in collaboration with Aselsan.

Navy's interest in Umkhonto is to fulfill the requirement of a coastal air defence system. The above suggestions appear ideal, but probably will never materialize.

The Chinese have developed the DK-10A missile based on the SD-10A. AFAIR, it is active radar homing (like Derby).

Russians didn't want to let go of an opportunity to earn some moolah out of some obsolete underperforming, low on life, engines. Last time the Russians missed out on J7/F7 where the Chinese sold the copies of Russian MiG 21s. There is nothing game changer about those engines.
Haha do not speak for Russians, obsolete or not the fact is that these air crafts were going to be inducted in numbers in Pakistan and keeping a view of Indian paranoid behavior even on a induction of a single needle i wonder why they didn't stop Russia like they tried when the military exercise was planned.

Ohhh..... But when India shown concern about rifle and mi 35?
Indians like you are a funny lot, you do not even read your own newspapers. You do not even track your own ministers' travels to Russia and same old whining about Pakistan. Here is an article that might solve your problem,
http://indianexpress.com/article/in...-russian-attack-copter-sale-to-pakistan/lite/

Haha do not speak for Russians, obsolete or not the fact is that these air crafts were going to be inducted in numbers in Pakistan and keeping a view of Indian paranoid behavior even on a induction of a single needle i wonder why they didn't stop Russia like they tried when the military exercise was planned.
When did India tried to stop either the sale of choppers or the exercise. It's only PDF that here make belief are considered truth. If you want to see protests then you should see your Iron brothers who keep on crying left right n center about everything under sun.

Looks like i really touched some wrong nerves here....

Not even a single post regarding the direct acqusition of RD93.

Back
Top Bottom