What's new

Pakistan to induct S400 and Pantsir-S1 SAM and Igla-S ManPAD Systems for Air Defence

Yawn, read the news kid.

And ANA operates old Mi-25s.. ur grandpas era models .. just like indiab airforce.
Yeah and PA operates ultra modern MI35 E, will really turn the tides over the enemy with 4 helos .
Go be happy with the crumbs thrown at you and keep dreaming of buying grandpa tech like S400 which Indians are doing....

Yeah and PA operates ultra modern MI35 E, will really turn the tides over the enemy with 4 helos

MI35E/M came out in mid/late 2000s... u dumb troll.... and 4 are just initial order... ironically, ur kind was jumpin up and down acting stupid claiming event MIs wont be cominng...ur govt also cried... to no avail...

MI35E/M came out in mid/late 2000s... u dumb troll.... and 4 are just initial order... ironically, ur kind was jumpin up and down acting stupid claiming event MIs wont be cominng...ur govt also cried... to no avail...

indians can buy donald ducks dick, we damn care... just stop moaning and embarassing urself though.....
Lolz ..... initial order or only order, that time will only tell rest assured you will only keep dreaming of MiG35 and S400s.

Lolz and please go through the number of threads opened by your ilk on Indian acquisitions, so don't tell me that you don't care, even a donald ducks dick will have a dedicated thread by disullionals like yourself.

Here on PDF, Have seen you guys acquiring J10B, MiG35, French/Italian Avionics for JF17, T129, Z10,U214 , SCAR-L... And what not ... and all this merely on some random comment by someone and now this 12-13 pages of dreaming merely based on some poster at an exhibition...

It's you who's been proving urslef delusional.

Pak doesn't need these Russian systems to do what it can already do: annihilate indian forces whenever, wherever. Chinese systems should be inducted. Less expensive and just as if not more effective in the long run.

96K6E-Pantsir-S1E-UAE-2S.jpg

What I love about system is mobility and ease of tactical readjustment and positioning across the city and mountainous regions

Mi-35 but it's an obsolete helicopter
Sir, do you have any evidence to backup your claim above?
No offence, but a senior member like you should not succumb to your emotions and jealousy rather use facts and figures in your opinion.

Regards,
W&P

Are 2 units of S-400 good enough? How many of enemy air crafts they can take down?

Not many AD systems can fire on the move. Pantsir S-1 can fire on the move.

This makes it very useful in armoured warfare.

This is not Pantsir SAM system,it's Tor SAM newer version of which is recently unveiled by Russia.

Last edited:

What I love about system is mobility and ease of tactical readjustment and positioning across the city and mountainous regions
This system will support S-300-400 systems where they would be deployed on.
It is a wise decision from Pk to order it beside S-400 or S-300.

Having S-300-400 while there is Brahmos cruise missiles on the other side, makes no sense but when you put Pantsir-S beside S-300-400 then you have a say on the battlefield with those long range AD systems which are supported by anti cruise Pantsirs.

Anyway, congrats to Pk if it was true. Russia is selling arms to both of Azerbaijan and Armenia, then why not Pk?!!!

Are 2 units of S-400 good enough? How many of enemy air crafts they can take down?
Even it's one battery makes a huge advantage, believe me.

We need long range air defence badly

My fav air defence system PANTSIR reliable

Depends upon detection for Pak to have total air coverage we need 15 to 20 batteries along with radrs etc and 25 firing missile trucks are enough to counter air threats

Depends upon detection for Pak to have total air coverage we need 15 to 20 batteries along with radrs etc and 25 firing missile trucks are enough to counter air threats

And we need to steal $20 billion from somewhere to buy all of them.

Long-range SAMs are great for high-level air defence coverage, but Pakistan needs to build depth in mobile short-to-medium range SAM systems. Not only will these systems help guard against SEAD and DEAD threats to the long-range system (whatever it might be), but other high-value targets.

Pakistan basically needs a counterpart to the Israeli SYPDER system. There are two routes: collaborate with Turkey on the HİSAR or work with South Africa to develop a SPYDER counterpart using the A-Darter and Umkhonto.

I think a ground-launched A-Darter (7-12 km) and Umkhonto EIR (35 km) would be a good start, but collaborating with Denel to bring the Umkhonto ER (60 km) should be the goal. These can be supported by a search and track AESA radar, perhaps the Saab Giraffe 1X or Aselsan Mobile Search Radar (MSR).

Granted, investment will be necessary to bring these systems to fruition, but in-exchange Pakistan can push for local licensed manufacturing. Speaking of the Aselsan Korkut SPAAG, I'd push for producing a comparable system at home, but by license-manufacturing the Denel Dual Purpose Gun (DPG) and pairing that with electronics developed in collaboration with Aselsan.

Long-range SAMs are great for high-level air defence coverage, but Pakistan needs to build depth in mobile short-to-medium range SAM systems. Not only will these systems help guard against SEAD and DEAD threats to the long-range system (whatever it might be), but other high-value targets.

Pakistan basically needs a counterpart to the Israeli SYPDER system. There are two routes: collaborate with Turkey on the HİSAR or work with South Africa to develop a SPYDER counterpart using the A-Darter and Umkhonto.

I think a ground-launched A-Darter (7-12 km) and Umkhonto EIR (35 km) would be a good start, but collaborating with Denel to bring the Umkhonto ER (60 km) should be the goal. These can be supported by a search and track AESA radar, perhaps the Saab Giraffe 1X or Aselsan Mobile Search Radar (MSR).

Granted, investment will be necessary to bring these systems to fruition, but in-exchange Pakistan can push for local licensed manufacturing. Speaking of the Aselsan Korkut SPAAG, I'd push for producing a comparable system at home, but by license-manufacturing the Denel Dual Purpose Gun (DPG) and pairing that with electronics developed in collaboration with Aselsan.

what do you think these Posters be ? Mistake or foreshadowing ? they used 3 specifically Russian Air Defense systems , if it was just one i would call it a printing mistake but 3 system at a Army exhibition ?

what do you think these Posters be ? Mistake or foreshadowing ? they used 3 specifically Russian Air Defense systems , if it was just one i would call it a printing mistake but 3 system at a Army exhibition ?
Besides discussing the possibility of such things, I wouldn't put much stock in those posters just yet. Best to wait for official statements.

Back
Top Bottom