What's new

Pakistan to give preference to Pakistani Military products.

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
1154.gif

Pakistani forces will be stopped by government to import those things which are being produced by Pakistani factories weather in POF or Taxila or Karachi Shipyard or Kamra they will have to only rely on these factories for those products for others they can buy from other countries
@Aeronaut @Oscar @nuclearpak @Manticore @fatman17 @jaibi @Pakistanisage @Slav Defence @balixd @Areesh @A.Rafay @AUz @mafiya @Chak Bamu @tarrar @Talon @Alpha1 @Awesome @Armstrong

That doesn't sound encouraging ! :(

Promoting Indigenous Production shouldn't come at the cost of forcing the State Security Apparatus to acquire, possibly, sub-standard equipment just because its Made in Pakistan ! :undecided:

This new law will promote our local product and increase self reliance, which will eventually help our own industry, which cannot flourish because of import of military hardware.
This is the need of the hour....we need to be self-reliant.

I think its a good step because;
  • Buying from outside/ Importing usually carries a higher price tag and in some cases conditions.
  • Producing own grants more experience and expertise which leads to improvements/ new productions.
  • More jobs within the country.
  • Own bullet in head of a T bastard is worth extra pride.
  • Step towards self reliance.
  • With success stories potential buyers emerge.
Just to mention a few reasons.

Other thn weapons, Pakistan should really start manufacturing its own cars, trains etc.

This new law will promote our local product and increase self reliance, which will eventually help our own industry, which cannot flourish because of import of military hardware.
This is the need of the hour....we need to be self-reliant.
Actually they have to make this rule not because they want Pakistan to be self reliant or whatever or pakistani industry making world class equipment . It seems to because Pakistan does not enough doller left to buy gizmo from outside.

if local war material is of international standard with no issue of spares and maintenance, then its a right policy. having said that PK dosnt manufacture big ticket items other than AK, JFT. the UAV systems need to mature. small arms would be most benefitted from this policy.

if local war material is of international standard with no issue of spares and maintenance, then its a right policy. having said that PK dosnt manufacture big ticket items other than AK, JFT. the UAV systems need to mature. small arms would be most benefitted from this policy.
I don't think this law would apply for Tanks and Air Crafts I thinks its mainly for Bullet Proof Jackets and Ammunition and maybe pistols and other things like that

That doesn't sound encouraging ! :(

Promoting Indigenous Production shouldn't come at the cost of forcing the State Security Apparatus to acquire, possibly, sub-standard equipment just because its Made in Pakistan ! :undecided:
Actually, I think it's a good thing. It'll help grow the domestic quality of weapons up and keep costs down. Sure the weapons may be substandard in the beginning, but the US didn't build the world's largest defense industry by buying from foreign nations, now did it?

Though, i do have to say, the PA needs a new rifle. Sure the G-3 has served PA reliably for decades, but it's time to upgrade.

I don't think this law would apply for Tanks and Air Crafts I thinks its mainly for Bullet Proof Jackets and Ammunition and maybe pistols and other things like that

We have export quality bulletproof jackets. The company is called Lyra

Bulletproof Jacket (218) - Lyra (Pvt) Ltd

Main weapons for troops are almost all built within the country.

They need to mention the things they are not allowing to import.

Last edited:
Actually they have to make this rule not because they want Pakistan to be self reliant or whatever or pakistani industry making world class equipment . It seems to because Pakistan does not enough doller left to buy gizmo from outside.
Yep you're right!

Actually, I think it's a good thing. It'll help grow the domestic quality of weapons up and keep costs down. Sure the weapons may be substandard in the beginning, but the US didn't build the world's largest defense industry by buying from foreign nations, now did it?

Though, i do have to say, the PA needs a new rifle. Sure the G-3 has served PA reliably for decades, but it's time to upgrade.
I've heard a new variant of the G 3 called the G 3 M is either being procured or produced.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom