What's new

Defense Industry of Pakistan has the capability to produce 50 main battle tanks per year.

Unlikely. When it ends they'd be broke.
Chins is now building high quality poweplants too.
member here Imran Khan is saying their is no such thing as Al Khalid II is it true ?

sir gov phly ongoing projects ke pesy to de since 5 years we have made 500 AK tanks

the army plan is for 1,200 AK's but it orders in buckets of 50 tanks due to financial constraints. if HIT improves its infrastructure and efficiencies, then we can see increased production. HIT needs PKR 500m for infrastructure upgrade which the govt. has not provided. current strength of AK's is between 320-400. please note HIT also has to produce APC's and upgrade Al-Zarrar's.

there is no AK-2 official news all are just roumers and bla bla . it was AK-1 improved ak that is it .

AKII is a test-bed...

50 tanks per year? Seems kinda low.

Should be 50 tanks per month or something....

50 Al Khalid-1 per week is something one can look upto...

We need massive upgradation of industrial defence sector.

50 per week you gotta be kidding you are not making some furniture Man its Tanks

the army plan is for 1,200 AK's but it orders in buckets of 50 tanks due to financial constraints. if HIT improves its infrastructure and efficiencies, then we can see increased production. HIT needs PKR 500m for infrastructure upgrade which the govt. has not provided. current strength of AK's is between 320-400. please note HIT also has to produce APC's and upgrade Al-Zarrar's.

AKII is a test-bed...
that is what i am saying sir we don't have money to increase production . they are handing oven AKs unit by unit ? no news of new batches handed over to army .

u do know hit produces 50 new mbts upgrades older t 59s to al zarrar standerds builts newer apcs like saad and talha

with limited and older infrastructure for this i salute hit

OFF topic :- you are able to produce tank with help of China but not able to produce railway engine ???

We should also produce all these things (raliway engine/AC buses/ etc)... Not trolling only asking

OFF topic :- you are able to produce tank with help of China but not able to produce railway engine ???
Pakistan IS able to produce railway engines but does not produce them because priorities are laying elsewhere. Having capability is one thing and utilizing (or not) that capability is another.

We should also produce all these things (raliway engine/AC buses/ etc)... Not trolling only asking

And you came to that conclusion ???

AK doesnt use any Chinese parts .. although it was based on T-9IIM.

As for Locomotives ... we do produce them... it was corruption that screwed our railways.... but now steps are being taken... Locomotive Factory,Risalpur has been leased to a private company tht is upgrading it and orders have been placed for the engines..

Pakistan IS able to produce railway engines but does not produce them because priorities are laying elsewhere. Having capability is one thing and utilizing (or not) that capability is another.

That was my question. why not? you should give power to military defense sector but also maintain public require sector too.
Development is important in both way (Public and Military)

And you came to that conclusion ???

AK doesnt use any Chinese parts .. although it was based on T-9IIM.

As for Locomotives ... we do produce them... it was corruption that screwed our railways.... but now steps are being taken... Locomotive Factory,Risalpur has been leased to a private company tht is upgrading it and orders have been placed for the engines..

NO, I am saying Designing and testing. Kindly don't tell me, Pakistan done these all things. Yes, may be you are producing all parts and assembling today.

That was my question. why not? you should give power to military defense sector but also maintain public require sector too.
Development is important in both way (Public and Military)

NO, I am saying Designing and testing. Kindly don't tell me, Pakistan done these all things. Yes, may be you are producing all parts and assembling today.

kindly post in the relevant thread..this thread has nothing to do with railway engines.

It depends on the total order you get,availale infras etc.
50 tanks per year is not bad at all,but can be improved.India used to produce 70 T-72s per month and now 100 T-90s per month,as their orders where higher.On the other hand Arjun had an intial production rate of 30 tanks per month and after upgradations the factory can produce 50 tanks per month.

But to produce 50 tanks per month,it ain't world war bro!

Public sector
It depends on the total order you get,availale infras etc.
50 tanks per year is not bad at all,but can be improved.India used to produce 70 T-72s per month and now 100 T-90s per month,as their orders where higher.On the other hand Arjun had an intial production rate of 30 tanks per month and after upgradations the factory can produce 50 tanks per month.

But to produce 50 tanks per month,it ain't world war bro!

IS figure is correct? because I don't think......

Back
Top Bottom