What's new

Pakistan to get more SAAB 2000 Erieyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
^You forgot the Hi,

And what's wrong with the ZDK-03s.
Hi
The PAF must be hanged.:lol:

That's a lot of coverage for a country the size of Pakistan.
One reason might be that in case of a war, the enemy will go hard and on priority basis for mid air refuelers n awecs so its good to have replacements ready..

EriEye is not considered a weapon useful to quell internal unrest, so it has much less limitations

And yet a few years back Sweden denied to repair PAFs damaged ERIEYEs which we had to repair ourselves later on!

And that was a time when India was testing grippen !

P.S; What internal unrest? When did we use jets to bomb protestors to to help a coup etc?

India in fact has infact bombed entire cities in nort east India.

Of course they do , but let the new President of US came out of his own messes haha .. F-16 make most sense to PAF under certain circumstance and easy to induct within the current fleet, J-10C will be almost equal to JF-17 blk3 so there is no need for it when we can buy/build JF in home .. if these AWAC's are for extended EEZ than i can expect J-11/16D for long range strike roles ..but it will be on time brother, lets wait till the budget comes .

and i am very close to marry Emma Wastson :smitten:
Back off man get ur own girl:butcher:

There are a number of criteria considered when arms deals are approved.
Pakistan has a history of military coups, which is a significant show-stopper.
India is considered a democracy, so it has much less problems.
Rules are beeing updated on a regular basis.
2014 saw the adoption of common EU rules for arms exports
Sweden sold RBS-15 AShM to Algeria (for its MEKO A-200AN), and Algeria is far from a fair and just democracy. As for India, what about the stuff happening in Kashmir?

I am torn between

To counter Rafael we need an air superiority fighter something like Typhoon, but again being western fighters they will be pretty much susceptible to sanctions, especially as western Europe (Britain & Germany) tows the US line more diligently than say France

The alternate is either China or Russia. Getting latest Russian SU34/35 will enhance our relationship with Russia, long term political benefits, especially in the wake of India getting closer to west, opening up door to enhanced cooperation with Russia in aviation industry with systems/weapons for Thunders and possible new developments in the future, and most importantly acquisition of the missing element in our air strike package, a heavy/deep strike missile/bomb truck at relatively lower price than the European option thus getting more (say 20 units per squadron instead of 16 per squadron in case of Typhoon).

Comparing total benefits of both options, I think NS is right in pushing for the Russian direction as we would have a lot more leverage on Russia through China when it comes to sanctions (continuous supply of weapons and parts through china) would be a more desirable position rather than full sanction by the west.
Well no not from west and Italy and UK and Spain are more than ready to sell us EFT that is why Air Chief has met PM around 10 times in last two to three months. Also PAF Chief last year visit to Italy was for same reason and Saudis are ready to help. As for J-10 C well preparations are already being made at KAMRA for that. NS is pushing in Russian direction because Russia is giving him heavy commissions mainly to his sons.

Sweden sold RBS-15 AShM to Algeria (for its MEKO A-200AN), and Algeria is far from a fair and just democracy. As for India, what about the stuff happening in Kashmir?
Europeans or americans fool no one with their talk.
They have fully backed military dictators in Pakistan and other countries if it suits their interests.
Even the first conflicts between india pak were started with US supplied arms.
Its all economic and perceived national interests.

Europeans or americans fool no one with their talk.
They have fully backed military dictators in Pakistan and other countries if it suits their interests.
Even the first conflicts between india pak were started with US supplied arms.
Its all economic and perceived national interests.
Pretty much. I don't mind if countries pursue profit. India is a bigger and wealthier market, so Saab has an incentive to shut the door on Pakistan. Fair enough. It'd be honest to admit that than to say democracy, human rights, uprisings etc, are inhibitors to arms sales when Saab is selling arms to countries with problems in each of those areas.

Pretty much. I don't mind if countries pursue profit. India is a bigger and wealthier market, so Saab has an incentive to shut the door on Pakistan. Fair enough. It'd be honest to admit that than to say democracy, human rights, uprisings etc, are inhibitors to arms sales when Saab is selling arms to countries with problems in each of those areas.
Was watching a live tv interview of a british retd general on BBC right after Pakistan joined WOT in 2001 under musharraf , and he candidly said that its good that the army is in charge in Pakistan as its easier to deal with them.
Couldnt believe it so saw the recorded interview again and this statement had been edited out.
West trys to protect its false image of democracy supporters , etc.

understand the gripen was always open to pakistan and rejected due to various reasons, the awacs were sold simply because it meeted their demands. at the time musharaf was in control and was a "dictator" yet they still sold it to pakistan.
their is only 1 country that care about human rights before money and thats the germans.
money talks
just look at what the Saudis are doing in yemen yet they can splash out billions and no one cant say crap.

Everything changes when there is money on the table. this is a simple matter of a producer/seller, a product, a buyer/payer, economy and self interest.

No, Sweden categories weapons before sales, so while Pakistan could buy EriEye,
it would not be possible to buy Gripen.

I am sure Putin personally called you to inform about the commission or you just pulled it out of you backside without any evidence to support, typical Pakistani mentality.

You forget all your Islamic teachings when it comes to spreading rumors, don't you. I hope you (and everyone else) who like to throw false accusations around realise that if you don't have solid evidence for what you claim then you are a liar.

Well no not from west and Italy and UK and Spain are more than ready to sell us EFT that is why Air Chief has met PM around 10 times in last two to three months. Also PAF Chief last year visit to Italy was for same reason and Saudis are ready to help. As for J-10 C well preparations are already being made at KAMRA for that. NS is pushing in Russian direction because Russia is giving him heavy commissions mainly to his sons.

Everything changes when there is money on the table. this is a simple matter of a producer/seller, a product, a buyer/payer, economy and self interest.

I am sure Putin personally called you to inform about the commission or you just pulled it out of you backside without any evidence to support, typical Pakistani mentality.

You forget all your Islamic teachings when it comes to spreading rumors, don't you. I hope you (and everyone else) who like to throw false accusations around realise that if you don't have solid evidence for what you claim then you are a liar.
Yes Putin personally called me. This Nawaz being pushed by Russia is known thing in circles so please give me a break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom