What's new

Pakistan to build a Nuclear submarine

Secret news but myth! :azn:

Pakistan acquires capability to develop a Nuclear Submarine (2007)

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has acquired the capability of developing its own nuclear submarine. Pakistani scientists and the engineers have developed indigenous technology for building the nuclear submarines at the existing facilities. This capability will strengthen the naval defence of the country. President Gen Pervez Musharraf will discuss this matter with the Chinese President during his visit to Islamabad in November this year.

Pakistan started exploring alternative sources and strategies to bridge the wide gap with India in conventional and strategic weapons/forces to sustain its independence and sovereignty. The gap was widening due to the United State’s tilt towards India as compared to Pakistan. According to a military comparison, Indo-Pak conventional and strategic asymmetries until now are not primarily in favour of Pakistan.

Pak Navy to build nuclear submarine

Updated : Friday February 10 , 2012 10:40:34 PM

submarine-10-2_l.jpg

Pakistan has decided to build nuclear submarine for Pakistan Navy to better meet its defense requirements.

The nuclear submarine would be build in the country.

It would take anywhere from 5 to 8 years to build the nuclear submarine after which Pakistan would join the list of countries that has a nuclear submarine.

Presently Pakistan has a fleet of five regular submarines.

I think we will give a damn when you will have one, no need to chest thump :D. Title says "will build" not "built". ;)

I hope Pakistan and India to get along. Building submarines or something is just point-scores, we rarely use expensive toys. Pakistan must focus on its heavy problems as well India progressing. I think, locally build is more cheaper than buying expensive outside. :cheers:

Well pakistan building weapons locally will force india to focus on the same....this as a whole will decrease our dependency on western weapons.

Over seeing the current situation, even if a SSBN/SSN is churned out in 10 years with IMMENSE Chinese Help will be a Big achievement. Submarine welding, design, miniturization of Core and balance of the super structure will be a challange.

But the annual operating/ training/ maintenance cost will be ateast 300 Million US$

Now I want to ask all the INDIANs who were saying that PN would decide about the N-Subs in 2030 if they had money at that time. I am sure the first one would be available after five years and then 2nd and 3rd one with another 5-7 years.

crap it will take that long India would have 6 nuclear attack subs buy that time.dair ay druast ay sinay kahatay ha

if true,congrats to pak bros.]
indigenous sub building itself is a great achievement,not mention nuke subs.

has pakistan any previous experience operating one?why not take training from china by leasing a nuke sub?

Regardless of past experience on Nuke subs. As China will support them. However, let me highlight Chinese are not very much proficient in SSBN/SSN manufacture (this comment can be cross verified)

Anywase if Pakistan gets a nuke sub in 5 years will be good for us, as we will be using this Pawn to get More Funds for our Ever Expanding Navy also to induct more SSNs and more MPAs

Look forward to early Induction of Pakistani SSBN/SSN

i am surprised that navy is going for nuclear subs..it would have been better to develop conventional subs instead..
a nuclear sub costs 1-2 billion dollars.its nearly atleast twice as expensive than conventional one..?
so i doubt this news, i think navy would prefer more conventional subs than a nuclear one..

however if the strategic committee thinks that nuclear subs are important to complete the nuclear triad than its a different story

with china help pak can do it...... but the question will they help?

with china help pak can do it...... but the question will they help?

nope they will not until there GOD in new Delhi never sign for them to help . now its on new Delhi aether they allow it or not .we are waiting for it hope manmohan sign it and have mercy on us :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom