What's new

Pakistan to build a Nuclear submarine

srry dude but that post suited u more than me.........BTW i just finished college......and you can call me idiot hater or anything but 5-7 yrs is definitely a joke, i mean look at brazil they are good shipbuilders,they are building scorpenes,they build nuclear reactors and have a much better economy than pakistan an yet even they say their sub will see light only by 2023 with work on reactor in an advanced stage.

hwo many times we post you news from 2006 on this issue? it is not going to start today it was started in 2006 or before that .may be it was started same time when india start but pakistan is late 8 years from india to complete it .they will never let you enjoy 200% superiority on PN .

give me a link before 28 may 1998 that pakistan is ready to test 7 nuclear bombs in 2 days .

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

and check your IP too ? ok ban me and ban these trolls too happy now?

Since you ask.

A 1986 US National Intelligence Estimate concluded that Pakistan was only ‘two screwdriver turns’ from assembling a weapon and could do so within two weeks of making a decision.

International Institute for Strategic Studies Pakistan

here it is:

Online NewsHour: Pakistan responds to India's Nuclear Tests -- May 26, 1998

And now plz, don't try to derail this thread.

My question was genuine as its a big news and no big newspaper have covered it.
:hitwall:
logo.jpg

1126.gif

hwo many times we post you news from 2006 on this issue? it is not going to start today it was started in 2006 or before that .may be it was started same time when india start but pakistan is late 8 years from india to complete it .they will never let you enjoy 200% superiority on PN .
no saab i dont say u can never build it.......u cant build 1 or 2 subs,a nuke sub will be economical only if 4 to 5 subs are produced that translates to 8 to 10 billion $ and am really not sure if pakistans economy can handle this....... i think pakistan is sucked into an arms race black hole..........but anyway all the best and i hope pakistans build small silent nuke subs like rubis class subs.

now you guys may got it why it will complete in 5 to 8 years ? STRATEGIC PLANNED DIVISION OF PAKISTAN is involved in it. if they can make nuclear bomb from 1974 to 1984 time of 10 years they can sure make a nuke sub in 8 years max . and as per news they already trained in china for it :tup:

srry dude but that post suited u more than me.........BTW i just finished college......and you can call me idiot hater or anything but 5-7 yrs is definitely a joke, i mean look at brazil they are good shipbuilders,they are building scorpenes,they build nuclear reactors and have a much better economy than pakistan an yet even they say their sub will see light only by 2023 with work on reactor in an advanced stage.

Are you sure you PASSED college ? or are you trying another Munna Bhai ??

Now about 5-7 year problem that is proving such a hurdle for you ...

I can testify that the plan for reactor miniaturization was on about 1997 - 1998,
The cruise missile has been modified for submarine launch already.

Since I am not a huge fan of navy I never bothered to find out more.

ref:Pakistani Navy to Develop Nuclear-Powered Submarines: Reports | Defense News | defensenews.com News|p

Pakistani Navy to Develop Nuclear-Powered Submarines: ReportsFeb. 11, 2012 - 01:11PM | By USMAN ANSARI | Comments

ISLAMABAD — Media reports on Feb. 11 state the Pakistan Navy intends to build nuclear-powered submarines as a matter of priority.

No sources were quoted in the reports, which indicated the first submarine would be operational in five to eight years.

When contacted by Defense News, a spokesman for the Pakistani Navy said he could not comment as to the veracity of the reports.

Mansoor Ahmed, a lecturer at Islamabad’s Quaid-e-Azam University who specializes in nonconventional weapons and missiles, believes the reports are the result of a calculated leak by the Navy, and that a message may be being sent to India.
“This news … appears to be some kind of signaling to the Indians seeing as they are taking delivery of a new nuclear-powered submarine from the Russians as well as their own Arihant Class SSBN,” he said.

“So Pakistan is signaling to the Indians that they are mindful of these developments and taking due measures in response.”

Ahmed said he has for some time believed Pakistan was working on a nuclear propulsion system for submarine applications and that Pakistan already has a functional submarine launched variant of the Babur cruise missile.

The Babur cruise missile is very similar to the U.S. BGM-109 Tomahawk, and perhaps derives at least some technology from Tomahawks which crashed in Pakistan during U.S. strikes on al-Qaida training camps in Afghanistan in 1998. It can be armed with conventional or nuclear warheads.

Ahmed believes Pakistan is now gearing up to build its own SSN/SSGN flotilla as a way of deterring India and maintaining the strategic balance in South Asia.
However, in the long term in order to fully ensure the credibility of its deterrent Ahmed said he believes Pakistan should build ballistic missile submarines.

ref:INS Arihant. Nuclear Navy

INS Arihant. Nuclear NavyAuthor: Dr. Vijay Sakhuja

The 6000 ton INS Arihant (Destroyer of Enemies) entered its home of sea water after the customary Indian prayers had been performed and the traditional coconut broken on the hull.

This indigenously built nuclear-powered submarine codenamed Advanced Technology Vessel (ATV) had been shrouded in secrecy for over a decade and was for the first time put to public view during its launch ceremony in Vishakhapatnam on July 26, 2009 to serve the Indian Navy over the next forty years.

Speaking at the launch ceremony, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh stated that India did not have "any aggressive designs" and "an external environment in our region and beyond that is conducive to our peaceful development and the protection of our value systems" was critical. Significantly, INS Arihant, with its armory of a dozen 700 km range Sagarika missiles, completes India's nuclear triad and in that context Indian Defence Minister AK Antony observed that INS Arihant supports India's "no first use" nuclear weapons policy. India plans to construct two more such platforms but the missile to be fitted on the new vessels is still not known. While INS Arihant has been built with Russian technological assistance, it is a technology demonstrator for India since such platforms require special materials and techniques for the construction of the hull and the nuclear power plant.

Reacting to the launch of INS Arihant, the Pakistani naval spokesperson has observed that the nuclear-powered submarine is a 'destabilising step' and that it could trigger an 'arms race'. He further noted that the government of Pakistan has to decide on the development of a nuclear submarine. In the past, Pakistani naval leadership has often argued that Pakistan being a nuclear power, must possess different means of delivery and a submarine offers the most credible delivery system. Pakistan began planning for a nuclear submarine soon after India acquired on lease INS Chakra in 1988. It was observed that the acquisition of nuclear submarines by India had exposed the vulnerability of Pakistan’s sea flank. Pakistan approached Canada for a conventional nuclear hybrid submarine and by 1990 Islamabad made enquiry at several other sources including China to buy nuclear submarines. Pakistan even had plans to train about two hundred personnel for the proposed submarine.
In May 1999, the Pakistan Navy was assigned a 'nuclear role' and the 'Strategic Directorate' was constituted at the Naval Headquarters. Reportedly, the Chairman of Nuclear Planning Commission (NPC) inaugurated KPC-3, a nuclear submarine project at Peshawar in 2001. Soon thereafter, Pakistan Navy announced that it was thinking of equipping its submarines with nuclear missiles for defensive purposes and that the French origin Agosta 90B submarines with air independent propulsion (AIP) system could deliver nuclear weapons.

I am all for development of Pakistan and wellfare of Pakistani people but Sorry this is a crime against Pakistani people.... There are energy crisis in Pakistan and goverment wants to build a n. sub!!!!! If you have that much money build a goddammed nuclear santral for Karachi... I am pretty sure that China would be willing to share its experience on Nuclear safety....

Back
Top Bottom