What's new

Pakistan to Apologise for 1971 Killings

Sometimes i just wonder why Defence.pk is so open to these indians and bengalis that the likes of Mr. Tajdiqul Islam and co. can easily troll around and take advantage of our hospitality and tolerance.

Had this forum been strict just like BharatRakshak these bengalis and indians wouldn't be trolling let alone posting articles demanding that Pakistan apologize and pay war reparations to bengladesh.

Some people just can't move on:disagree:

like i said; its in both country interest to spend talking about areas in which we can mutually benefit

there is no benefit to cry and whine over history....it's not good and makes no sense to bury history or forget it, but I think it's important to just take the lessons and move on

I think Pakistan in many ways is quite mature. We lost the eastern wing, but today I would say we have fairly good relations with the bangla desh --on military and civilian level.

We broke from india and even 6 decades later many indians dont accept Pakistan's reality. On the other hand, we accepted bangla desh and its reality long long ago; despite the pain, the treason and betrayal, and other feelings of national loss. But we've moved on and we just care about Pakistan, and making it better off.

everyone else should move on as well........trolls come and trolls go, but we must be stay united.

Sometimes i just wonder why Defence.pk is so open to these indians and bengalis that the likes of Mr. Tajdiqul Islam and co. can easily troll around and take advantage of our hospitality and tolerance.

Had this forum been strict just like BharatRakshak these bengalis and indians wouldn't be trolling let alone posting articles demanding that Pakistan apologize and pay war reparations to bengladesh.

Some people just can't move on:disagree:

I too agree. :cheers:

like i said; its in both country interest to spend talking about areas in which we can mutually benefit

there is no benefit to cry and whine over history....it's not good and makes no sense to bury history or forget it, but I think it's important to just take the lessons and move on

I think Pakistan in many ways is quite mature. We lost the eastern wing, but today I would say we have fairly good relations with the bangla desh --on military and civilian level.

We broke from india and even 6 decades later many indians dont accept Pakistan's reality. On the other hand, we accepted bangla desh and its reality long long ago; despite the pain, the treason and betrayal, and other feelings of national loss. But we've moved on and we just care about Pakistan, and making it better off.

everyone else should move on as well........trolls come and trolls go, but we must be stay united.

The above mentioned examples are what makes us different from these bengalis. We have moved on but yet they are still stuck in their past. Why should we appease to their demands? Pakistan was the one who lost its East wing but despite that we recognized bengladesh as a sovereign independent country. Had we and our leadership had the same mindset as these bengalis and their gov we would also have been at their throat and not have recognized their country as a independent nation, but fortunately for them our leadership isn't immature and neither are our people that we would keep dragging a bitter old issue to this day.

Your judgment about Indians I am afraid is too shallow and vague. What do you mean by accepting the reality of Pak? That we want to somehow occupy Pak? Not a single Indian would ever want that. India and Pakistan have land disputes and unfortunately we share a border unlike Pak-BD. It is both the nations fault that hostilities still exist.
If you want to know who is obsessed with whom, check a Pakistani news site and an Indian and check who covers the others' news more. You don't have to drag India into all your arguments if you have nothing to say.

check a Pakistani news site and an Indian and check who covers the others' news more. You don't have to drag India into all your arguments if you have nothing to say.

your right, i checked and its obvious that indian media is obsessed with Pakistan. "Sath Kaddam aur Pakistan Khattam" (i found this on indian media). Whenever Pakistan buys weapons indian media rings the alarms throughout india.

Bangladesh should follow Srilanka model make strategic partnership with Pakistan and China there are big opportunities in economic and defense fields.
In the end you need our support BD forces don't need Arjunk and LCA and secondly India is building illegal dams and Bangladesh would have to suffer the adverse effects, friendship with evil yindoos is suicide the sooner Bengali brother realize the better it is.

Last edited:
Field Marshal Ayub Khan even makes many references to it in his diaries.
Was not it General Ayub Khan who stopped the process of democraziation of Pakistan for a fear that a democracy was not safe for the feudal landlords of the then west Pakistan? Political leaders of both wings had finally decided to hold a general election at the end of 1958. So, this general came to power just before that and destroyed not only democracy, but also initiated the process of dividing Pakistan into two.

Only democracy could have kept the two wings united. But, since a democratic rule could have been a prescription to oust the big feudal lords in the west, therefore, Ayub Khan was ushered in as their protector. Bengalis had already ousted this feudal group from the east sometime in or before 1952.

Gen. Yahya Khan only followed his predecessor and killed democracy in 1971 by not allowing a Bengal-based political Party to take over the country's administration and oust the feudal lords. So, it can be said that Pakistan was divided by the military in order to protect the interest of these lords. These Lordship is still very much alive in Pakistan as if it is a 15th Century world.

martial law was in place, not democracy at the time; so how could there be democracy

I don't think the former was anti-democracy; but he was ardently opposed to opposition because he saw it as being overly destabilizing; as he also viewed corruption, inefficiency of civil servants etc. We know how emotional some of these two-bit civilian politicians can be; many of them tend to go great lengths to make their voices heard and increase their vote banks, even at the expense of nation. Hopefully in our future, this habit will be done away with -as it is a habit of only rascals

Efforts were made to popularize the regime --opposition was muzzled. Ayub Khan maintained high public profile, often taking trips expressly to meet the people.

He was aware of the need to address some of the acute grievances of East Pakistan (which became compounded after that giant cyclone). To the extent possible, only Bengali members of the civil service were posted in the East Wing; previously, many of the officers had been from the Westernjn Wing and knew neither the region nor the language. Dhaka was designated the legislative capital of Pakistan, while the newly created Islamabad became the administrative capital. Central government bodies, such as the Planning Commission, were now instructed to hold regular sessions in Dhaka. Public investment in East Pakistan increased, though yes i admit private investment remained heavily skewed in favor of W.Pak.

Had Mujib adopted a less confrontational approach, and had W.Pakistan perhaps heeded to the election result, maybe disaster could have been diverted

my personal theory is that regardless, eventually the more secular/ethnic-nationalist Bangalis would have demanded seperate homeland or at least autonomy --think about it; how can a country function normally when its 2 wings seperated by thousands of kilometers distance. Distance is just one thing; we did not share a common history, nor a similar culture, nor even the same language. We try to impose Urdu as national language and the bengalis started demonstrating violently in the streets

we can discuss 1000s of theories and ideas; but at the end of the day Pakistan is Pakistan, Bangla Desh is Bangla Desh. We are happy with what we have and we love our country. You should focus on building your own country and developing it for the well-being of your people; focus on how we can gain from eachother, rather than remaining fixated on old garbage nobody can change

Last edited:
...think about it; how can a country function normally when its 2 wings seperated by thousands of kilometers distance. Distance is just one thing; we did not share a common history, nor a similar culture, nor even the same language. We try to impose Urdu as national language and the bengalis started demonstrating violently in the streets
So basically what you are saying is that a certain gentleman was wrong when he said:

Mussalmans are a nation according to any definition of a nation..

So basically what you are saying is that a certain gentleman was wrong when he said:

Mussalmans are a nation according to any definition of a nation..

First, Enlightens us some of the definitions of "A Nation"???

First, Enlightens us some of the definitions of "A Nation"???
I am sure that the gentleman who made that comment was aware of 'all' of the definitions of a 'nation'. It is sad though, that you couldn't figure out who that gentleman was.

I am sure that the gentleman who made that comment was aware of 'all' of the definitions of a 'nation'. It is sad though, that you couldn't figure out who that gentleman was.

You through a hypothetical question so u have to provide basic info behind it.

Nevertheless, You I****** have a habit to force yourself into anyone’s A** historically, I didn’t wonder who you people really are…..

You through a hypothetical question so u have to provide basic info behind it.
It was not a 'hypothetical' question at all.

Anyway, it was Mohammad Ali Jinnah, at Lahore Congress of Muslim League, 1940.

Nevertheless, You I****** have a habit to force yourself into anyone’s A** historically, I didn’t wonder who you people really are…..
The history of Bangladesh is incomplete without India. Loathe as much as you may, but that is a fact you just can't run away from.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom