What's new

Pakistan to Apologise for 1971 Killings

and give apology to indian stooge government awami league, the bengalis are being murdered by indian force, while hasina the is going to recieve award in india, the same hasnia wajid who hates pakistan, her father hated pakistan and conspired against it with india??????? even bengalis members here like al-zakir, idune, skies, mbimunshi dislike this awami government then who are we pakistanis to bow to our foreheads and issue apology to them..

not simply fcuking possible

pakistan should wait until this time bengladesh apologises for murdering pakistani patriots there.. no more apologies now

we would like to apologise if a pakistan friendly govt there demands it..

There is a solution for that, :lol: - if PK will apologize then the statement should be like: "We are apologizing for our mistakes and killing to our brothers although there were conspiracies by our enemies. "

I understand the Pakistan's trying to share their view of what happened in 1971, and just like any other story, there are different variations of every story. It is not very surprising to hear statements like "well both sides are equally accountable for the damages" to ease the tension and evenly spread the blame. But statements such as this normally will cause extreme controversies in Bangladesh and according to people who lived in that era and suffered.
To ease the tension and further progress Pakistan should take full responsibility of 1971, which Pakistan has on many occasions. By not taking responsibility, Sheikh Mujib and his family empowers more by spreading more and more propagandas.
Its been 40 years and we are still hungover about what has happened. Even to this day, when you walk around the street of Dhaka, its not uncommon to hear things like how bangladesh is still recovering from the war (excuses awami led govt makes for their failures)

I understand the Pakistan's trying to share their view of what happened in 1971, and just like any other story, there are different variations of every story. It is not very surprising to hear statements like "well both sides are equally accountable for the damages" to ease the tension and evenly spread the blame. But statements such as this normally will cause extreme controversies in Bangladesh and according to people who lived in that era and suffered.
To ease the tension and further progress Pakistan should take full responsibility of 1971, which Pakistan has on many occasions. By not taking responsibility, Sheikh Mujib and his family empowers more by spreading more and more propagandas.
Its been 40 years and we are still hungover about what has happened. Even to this day, when you walk around the street of Dhaka, its not uncommon to hear things like how bangladesh is still recovering from the war (excuses awami led govt makes for their failures)

I personally thinks there is no need for it. As Bangladesh is yet to provide any sound proof on its claims. there is no concrete evidence and we dont care what you on the streets of Dhaka think about the war and its impacts on Bangladesh. It is upto you to come out of that event or keep floating in the same thing for the next 50 years as well. When there is no sound proof, No need for apologizing anything. Bangladesh Awami League Home made stories cannot be the basis for apologize.

Should be other way around Bangil's were not born yesterday they should be the one apologising to pak for backstabbing their own ppl...:tdown:

Miya! Dekho aisa hai ko wo sab to theke hai ,but pak-bangla railway service mumkin nahi hai ,due to security tamb jamp,to better aap wo bath kare jo possible hai like paying mere transit fees to india and get a possible export to middle east from superb gujrat ports, kaya bolte ho kab ki ticket book karo ?

Agar Pak-Bangla road/rail link mumkin nahin ho sakta, to Calcutta-Assam road link bhi mumkin nahin ho sakenge, aap befiqr rahiyen. Hame BD-Pakistan link zarur chahyen.

Last edited:
Are there any elements presently in Pakistan and Bangladesh which seek re-unification?

I personally thinks there is no need for it. As Bangladesh is yet to provide any sound proof on its claims. there is no concrete evidence and we dont care what you on the streets of Dhaka think about the war and its impacts on Bangladesh. It is upto you to come out of that event or keep floating in the same thing for the next 50 years as well. When there is no sound proof, No need for apologizing anything. Bangladesh Awami League Home made stories cannot be the basis for apologize.

I really hope most people from your country don't share the same view as you. You must be joking when you claim there are no hard evidence. Thats the same as saying the holocaust never happened. google 1971 bangladesh or youtube it. You will find thousands and thousands of videoes and documentaries and video footages of what has happened. I understand some evidences can be cooked up but saying all the millions of people who suffered from the war are cooking up stories is insane. I really hope from the bottom of my heart that most people from your country does not share similar views when you say you don't care about the impact of the war which is the same as saying I don't care about the millions of people who are suffering from the floods in Pakistan right now. That is arrogant and is totally uncalled for, and being a proud Bangladesh, I take great offence in that statement.

while i acknowledge that many wrongs were committed by ALL parties & beliggerants, there are 2 chief reasons why I personally don't think an apology is warranted

a.) eastern wing became seperate country; it was a victory to Bengalis who from the very beginning were keen on a seperate ethnic homeland (not a victory for our enemy)

b.) it need not even be mentioned the SCORES of Pakistanis, Pro-Pakistani Bengalis, Biharis, Islamists, etc. who were BUTCHERED (literally, butchered) by indian-backed mukti bahini terrorists --who employed means of killing which would make methods used by TTP pale in comparison

we are in 2010 now....our relations with Bangladesh is quite warm, and i would hope that there is further increase in commercial activity and cooperation --especially in field of defence
You do realize, don't you, that the Bengalis were victorious because of the Mukti Bahinis, who you call terrorists, and because of the support they received from your enemies.

Bengalis who from the very beginning were keen on a seperate ethnic homeland (not a victory for our enemy)

I think this statement is inaccurate, although i do believe that in hindsight the creation of two seperate states would not have resulted in the atrocities of '71. I say this because i know people residing in Bangladesh who shifted from their ancestral homes in India to East Pakistan due to their belief in the Pakistan ideology. The reason they lost hope and revolted is because they were pushed over the edge. Maybe some wanted this as you say, but I am yet to see any evidence for this. Remember nations arent born out of thin air, Bangladesh couldn't have been created if it wasn't for the support of the masses and to say that the majority of the populace wanted a seperate homeland for Bengalis since the beginning of Pakistan is incorrect in my view.

Agar Pak-Bangla road/rail link mumkin nahin ho sakta, to Calcutta-Assam road link bhi mumkin nahin ho sakenge, aap befiqr rahiyen. Hame BD-Pakistan link jarur chahyen.

im impressed, you speak well

but it's ''zarur'' not ''jarur''

from now on, you will pronounce and spell it this way.....not this ''jarur'' and ''jiyada'' business.

:police:

I think this statement is inaccurate, although i do believe that in hindsight the creation of two seperate states would not have resulted in the atrocities of '71

couldn't agree with you more

I say this because i know people residing in Bangladesh who shifted from their ancestral homes in India to East Pakistan due to their belief in the Pakistan ideology.

well given the demographics, at the time there were more people on the eastern wing than western wing; yes they did believe in the revolution but it is undeniable that from earlier on --Bangali nationalism was already quite strong

The reason they lost hope and revolted is because they were pushed over the edge.

well the revolt was aided by india, which naturally was only too happy to help an anti-Pakistan terrorist movement.

i dont blame the Bangalis for losing hope, since the election results were neglected; and also because of the lackluster response to the massive cyclone (though that is more due in part to the fact that a giant enemy country was propped in between and logistics was a nightmare)

Remember nations arent born out of thin air, Bangladesh couldn't have been created if it wasn't for the support of the masses and to say that the majority of the populace wanted a seperate homeland for Bengalis since the beginning of Pakistan is incorrect in my view.

i think the sentiments always existed but more pronounced by mid 1960s

Field Marshal Ayub Khan even makes many references to it in his diaries.

Back
Top Bottom