What's new

Pakistan Tests Upgraded Shaheen-1A Missile

maybe pakistan had too much shaheen in its arsenal and decided to improve its ability, but still why is the range being kept so secret, is it because of US knows it can jump on its seat??

then Also, It is indeed an modification not a new design.

It's performance enhancing modifications not a new concept altogether.

Even Pakistan media is not enthusiastic about it, they are doing interview with a serial killer.

Care to explain?

Modifications can involve design refinements of various sub-systems that comprise the overall system (the ballistic missile in this case) - the guidance system, propellant, rocket motors, structure, warhead, launch vehicle etc. all make up the larger system, and 'new designs/modifications' can be incorporated in all or some of the sub-systems that might improve the performance of some/many/all aspects of the the Ballistic Missile System.

Performance enhancement contains a question .. what was it's performance? range is one them, other are navigation system,size and weight reduction and air drag reduction.

But core feature remain same .. it is the single stage solid fuelled rocket with minor (250Km) enhancement in range.

Care to explain?

Watch tonight with Jasmine programme.

Pakistan successfully test-fired a medium-range missiles with a range of coverage in India
77452-1.jpg

BEIJING, April 25, Dow Jones News, Pakistan’s military said Pakistan successfully test-fired a medium-range missiles can carry nuclear warheads, the missile range has not yet disclosed.
a retired military analysts have told AFP that the Pakistani military’s test-firing missiles can hit a target beyond the 2500-3000 km. It is reported that this missile has a range up to the Indian territory.
previously reported that the notice in India Pakistan in the evening of the 23rd may at any time in the 24 to 29 day test-firing missiles, and the Indian civil aviation sector commercial flights to avoid the relevant regional As a result, this time from India flight to fly to the Persian Gulf countries will have to cancel or select other flight routes.
According to another report, local time on April 19, India from the eastern Wheeler Island, the first test independently developed a range of over 5000 km and can carry nuclear warheads fire -5 range ballistic missiles. Agni-5 missile is India’s longest-range, flight speed of the fastest missile. Indian officials predict that the, -5 missile Agni are needed 4-5 times a test-firing is expected in 2014 or 2015 service.

Perhaps, but we don't really know what the range improvement, if any, is.

Sir, Look this news created no discussion in programmes ..........not in Indian media not in Western Media not even Pakistan media.

May be you asking too much from Shaheen 1.

a retired military analysts have told AFP that the Pakistani military’s test-firing missiles can hit a target beyond the 2500-3000 km.

Whole discussion is caused by Gen(retd.) Talat Mashood who once said Ra'ad ALCM is "ground launched".

Sir, Look this news created no discussion in programmes ..........not in Indian media not in Western Media not even Pakistan media.

Let me give you example of whatever we do the discussion will be in Indian media "they got the technology from China". Infact there is a NDTV link few pages back in which a so called analyst is taking "wisdom" about this news. So what Indian media say we dont care, Our media is busy on other things and as our military development are mostly classified they really dont have anything to talk about.

Discussions in the media, or lack of, imply nothing.

I am merely pointing out that that it is certainly possible that the Pakistani missile recently tested had a significant improvement in range, among other improvements - whether that is the case or not we simply cannot say given the paucity of publicly available information. We will just have to wait and see.

then Also, It is indeed an modification not a new design.

It's performance enhancing modifications not a new concept altogether.

Even Pakistan media is not enthusiastic about it, they are doing interview with a serial killer.

Seriously? HOW IS THAT EVEN CLOSELY RELATED TO THIS TOPIC???????? JEEZ INDIANS

Let me give you example of whatever we do the discussion will be in Indian media "they got the technology from China". Infact there is a NDTV link few pages back in which a so called analyst is taking "wisdom" about this news. So what Indian media say we dont care, Our media is busy on other things and as our military development are mostly classified they really dont have anything to talk about.

Dude, I don't care if missile technology is attained by self or beg,borrow or steel.

As long as Missile fire at time, It is a concern for Enemy.:undecided:

BTW:It is not only Indian media but some elements of Pak Media like Najir Naji or Najam Sethi has argued that missile technology was externally influenced.

Even i dont watch Jasmine's program.... She keep screaming the whole 55 mins..... Kinda like India TV anchors and their funny news...

Actually I did watched her program today. It was about an arrested serial killer who was killing women in Karachi. Looks like people on the eastern side are so obsessed with our country that they regularly watch our TV programs too.

I regularly interact with Indians here but I am yet to watch an Indian news channel program completely. :)

Actually I did watched her program today. It was about an arrested serial killer who was killing women in Karachi. Looks like people on the eastern side are so obsessed with our country that they regularly watch our TV programs too.

I regularly interact with Indians here but I am yet to watch an Indian news channel program completely. :)

The thing is what is that have to do with missile program..... Whats the link????

Discussions in the media, or lack of, imply nothing.

I am merely pointing out that that it is certainly possible that the Pakistani missile recently tested had a significant improvement in range, among other improvements - whether that is the case or not we simply cannot say given the paucity of publicly available information. We will just have to wait and see.

Sir , I'm just giving you a idea of 'How much modified'.

If it really a technological breakthrough then it would have been concern for Indian Media at least.

Shaheen 1A created no fuss at all but some perceived 'long range ' missile created uproar in media.

I too watch never watch her show .. or anyother show ... I just see Najam Show on diplomacy not local politics.

If Indian people is obsessed with Pak programmes then Pak can gain lot from MFN status. although Offtopic.

Dude, I don't care if missile technology is attained by self or beg,borrow or steel.

As long as Missile fire at time, It is a concern for Enemy.:undecided:

BTW:It is not only Indian media but some elements of Pak Media like Najir Naji or Najam Sethi has argued that missile technology was externally influenced.

We accept difference of opinion (which is not the case on other side of the border) but let be sure its OPINION not fact but for my Indian friends if a opinion suites there needs its a fact for them... Its old self satisfying habbit of Indian media... Indian media cant stand the idea that Pakistan have the ability to build military equipment thats why they just as you say us Living in a dream.... BTW its Nazir Not Najir.

Back
Top Bottom