What's new

Pakistan Tests Upgraded Shaheen-1A Missile

Pakistan Army intentionally didn't disclose the range.

Because Shaheen 1A was not the answer pakistani were seeking from launch of Agni 5.

They just make people confused.

There is old saying "If you can not convince people then confuse them"

why do you keep saying the army is trying to confuse us. the best part is the media is more involved in gilani case and increases in electricity prices. this missile test and yours didnt stir anything bcz a certain somebody has made our lives a living hell and we dont care if you test a 30000km missile when things will be ok then we will start caring

Then your Shaheen 2(double stage) is grossly inefficient which has range of 2500km.

even One stage shaheen 1A (4000Km) can wonders why needs shaheen 2.
I said nothing about ranges so why do you keep asking me about them? I merely answered your questions and made some points regarding missile technology improving over time. The rest is merely you trying to troll and put words in peoples mouths.

why do you keep saying the army is trying to confuse us. the best part is the media is more involved in gilani case and increases in electricity prices. this missile test and yours didnt stir anything bcz a certain somebody has made our lives a living hell and we dont care if you test a 30000km missile when things will be ok then we will start caring

Look at the start of thread. when people dissappointed with mere 750Km range.

Whole range of discussion liven up by Gen(retd) Talat Masood observation.

I said nothing about ranges so why do you keep asking me about them? I merely answered your questions and made some points regarding missile technology improving over time. The rest is merely you trying to troll and put words in peoples mouths.

I can give credible Source but that is Indian Newspaper.
But that is futile in PDF.

Look at the start of thread. when people dissappointed with mere 750Km range.

Whole range of discussion liven up by Gen(retd) Talat Masood observation.
If the Army really wanted to create a lot of hoopla about a test (long range or otherwise) it would have announced it publicly days/weeks in advance and trumpeted it on the national media.

Instead, the only reason anyone even knew Pakistan was conducting a missile test was because someone in the Indian government leaked the information to the Indian media, which was then picked up by some Pakistani media outlets, and even then it did not make the front page news.

Your theory therefore falls flat given the manner in which the test was conducted.

i can give you credible sources that both say 750 and 3500 its useless to talk about range since it has not been revealed so i say quit talking about it and he never asked you for sources nor for range even he says its futile to talk about it and buddy if you think pdf is so biased then you can always go to BR.

What does a 'credible source in an Indian Newspaper' have to do with my comments?

You asked a question, it got answered, you then indicated the answer referred to decades old technology, in response to which I pointed out that technological improvements over time would improve range/reduce size.

What exactly do you disagree with above?

If the Army really wanted to create a lot of hoopla about a test (long range or otherwise) it would have announced it publicly days/weeks in advance and trumpeted it on the national media.

Instead, the only reason anyone even knew Pakistan was conducting a missile test was because someone in the Indian government leaked the information to the Indian media, which was then picked up by some Pakistani media outlets, and even then it did not make the front page news.

Your theory therefore falls flat given the manner in which the test was conducted.

No Sir, that is not case always. All Fingers are not same.

Every Indian Media is not like ToiLet newspaper. :D

That's why I said, I can give credible source.

What does a 'credible source in an Indian Newspaper' have to do with my comments?

You asked a question, it got answered, you then indicated the answer referred to decades old technology, in response to which I pointed out that technological improvements over time would improve range/reduce size.

What exactly do you disagree with above?

It is shaheen 1 vs Shaheen 2. that is point of disagreement.

Pakistan has tested shaheen 2 (two stage) back in 2008(Shaheen 2 is not obsolete). but range was 2500Km.

It is shaheen 1 vs Shaheen 2. that is point of disagreement.

Pakistan has tested shaheen 2 (two stage) back in 2008(Shaheen 2 is not obsolete). but range was 2500Km.
Sure, but that does not mean that there can be no developments on new designs ...

A new design would have to be tested, validated and then eventually deployed, if it fit into the ASFC doctrine.

Sure, but that does not mean that there can be no developments on new designs ...

A new design would have to be tested, validated and then eventually deployed, if it fit into the ASFC doctrine.

Sorry but, It was not new design but modified Shaheen 1 which has a range of 750Km.

Sure, and the question pretty much revolves around 'how modified' - what were the improvements in range, guidance, weight, warhead etc.

then Also, It is indeed an modification not a new design.

It's performance enhancing modifications not a new concept altogether.

Even Pakistan media is not enthusiastic about it, they are doing interview with a serial killer.

then Also, It is indeed an modification not a new design.
Modifications can involve design refinements of various sub-systems that comprise the overall system (the ballistic missile in this case) - the guidance system, propellant, rocket motors, structure, warhead, launch vehicle etc. all make up the larger system, and 'new designs/modifications' can be incorporated in all or some of the sub-systems that might improve the performance of some/many/all aspects of the the Ballistic Missile System.

Back
Top Bottom