What's new

Pakistan team disgusts me!

We need to establish the culture of Pakistan in this team instead of trying to create culture of a province.

Karachi accuses PCB of 'unfair selection'

KARACHI: Cricket officials in Karachi Thursday criticised the selections of Pakistan’s team currently on tour in England, calling it an injustice to players from the country’s largest city.

“A number of talented cricketers from Karachi have been neglected,” Khalil Nanitalwala, vice-president of the Karachi City Cricket Association (KCCA) told a news conference.

“The team’s recent showings in England prove that merit was not followed in team selection,” Nanitalwala said.

Pakistan trail England 2-0 in the four-Test series, after levelling its two-Test series against Australia 1-1, on a tour marred by poor batting and fielding from a relatively young side.

After losing the first Test against England by a big, 354-run margin in Nottingham, Pakistan excluded leg-spinner Danish Kaneria from the squad for the second Test, leaving paceman Tanvir Ahmed as the only player from Karachi.

Nanitalwala said Karachi players, including Kaneria, had been deliberately omitted from the squad for the second Test, which Pakistan lost by nine wickets this week. The third Test will start in London on August 18.

“Kaneria was ousted after not being able to perform well in the first Test which is quite unprecedented and a blow to Karachi cricket,” said Nanitalwala, who led a protest outside the Karachi Press Club.

Around 200 Karachi players chanted slogans against the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) and its selection committee.

“Karachi’s Asad Shafiq was among the top run-getters in the last domestic season, while Khurrum Manzoor, Khalid Latif, Mohammad Sami, Fawad Alam and a number of other players also deserved places in the team,” said Nanitalwala.

When asked why the KCCA took so long to protest after the England-bound team was announced in June, Nanitalwala said: “We have been protesting with the PCB but decided to go public only after they took no notice.”

He said the association wanted Pakistan’s President Asif Ali Zardari, who is also the patron of the PCB, to remove the board’s chairman, Ijaz Butt, whom it accused of “injustices and nepotism”.

A number of former players have also criticised the Pakistan selection and have demanded Butt’s removal.

No PCB official was available to comment on the KCCA’s latest allegations, but on Sunday Butt brushed aside similar criticism, saying the team selection was appropriate and accusing the media of acting as selectors. -AFP

DAWN.COM | Cricket | Karachi accuses PCB of 'unfair selection'

THIS IS JUST ONE CITY'S ASSOCIATION ... IMAGINE THE FEELINGS ACROSS THE COUNTRY. WELL DONE KCCA FOR RAISING YOUR VOICE!!!!

Last edited:
Zardari favourism influence is seeping into the cricket team as well!

Pakistan team likely to make changes in England
PTI, Aug 12, 2010, 05.29pm IST

KARACHI: The touring Pakistan squad may undergo some big changes during the remaining part of their tour as pressure grows on PCB, national selectors and team management for the string of defeats in England.

Chief selector Mohsin Khan said that he would be meeting PCB chief Ejaz Butt in the next two days in which future strategies for the team would be discussed.

"It will be an important meeting as we have to discuss the future tours of the Pakistan team as well as the performances on the ongoing tour of England," Mohsin said.

Pakistan team has a packed international calendar until 2011 World Cup with a Test and one-day series scheduled against South Africa in the UAE shortly after the conclusion of the England tour and then a full tour to New Zealand in the winter.

Mohsin said the selectors had got a good chance to closely assess the performances of new and senior players in the Tests held so far in England.

"The Chairman has given us full support so far in selection matters so I want to discuss the future plans with him for his approval," Mohsin added.

Sources aware of the developments said that the chief selector and other selectors were not happy with the way the team management including the tour selectors had managed things so far in England.

"The selectors are surprised at the decision to neither play Yasir Hameed in the four Tests so far despite the frequent batting collapses as well as the decision to not push Muhammad Yousuf to play the second Test against England although his presence was requested on urgent basis to bolster the batting line up," one source said.

The source said that the selectors also wanted to get a clear policy from the board on the future of former captain, Younis Khan.

"They are keen to get Younis back into the team but now want the board to be clear about it as well. So far the board has not given any rational reason for keeping Younis out of the team after having now also invited Yousuf to join the team," he said.

Another source said that the chief selector would discuss with the PCB Chairman the possibility of bolstering the team in England as well as the composition of the side for the one-day series that follows in September.

"There is also the matter of the board announcing the appointment of a new selector in place of Salim Jaffer whose contract was not renewed by the board after it expired on July 31st," the source added.

Pakistan team likely to make changes in England - Top Stories - Cricket - Sports - The Times of India

Here we go again!

8 out of 11 players from Punjab.

This is a bunch of hogwash!!

what the hell is this with punjab bashing wat r u MQM lol.... look at the population of punjab do u know how much they love their cricket plus the talent if u r talented u will automatically get noticed chill out INSHALLAH we will win the 3rd test against england

what the hell is this with punjab bashing wat r u MQM lol.... look at the population of punjab do u know how much they love their cricket plus the talent if u r talented u will automatically get noticed chill out INSHALLAH we will win the 3rd test against england

yahi tu masla hy na meray bhai.... yahan merit pe selection nahi ho rahi... Parchi system or favoritism chal raha hy.... :hitwall: If you are talking about talent then the players from Karachi like Khurram Manzoor,Faisal Iqbal,Fawwad Alam,Muhammad Sami, Khalid Latif and Sarfraz Ahmed these are all talented players and performed in past, why didn't they selected for England tour??? give me answer please??

I dont believe in Lahore and Karachi bullshit. However, likes of Fawad Alam are wrongly taken out of the test game. I am happy piece of shits like Faisal Iqbal and Mohammed Sami are not in the team. I would be happy if the team doesn't have Farhat and Malik either..

Asad Shafiq in my opinion should also be one of the youngsters to give a chance. He looked good in the brief cameo he had in the Asia Cup.

yahi tu masla hy na meray bhai.... yahan merit pe selection nahi ho rahi... Parchi system or favoritism chal raha hy.... :hitwall: If you are talking about talent then the players from Karachi like Khurram Manzoor,Faisal Iqbal,Fawwad Alam,Muhammad Sami, Khalid Latif and Sarfraz Ahmed these are all talented players and performed in past, why didn't they selected for England tour??? give me answer please??

All the names which u mention r little over rated in your head n all of them have got enough chances to prove their self fawad alam was picked up n brought straight into the pakistani side when he was the man of the series in domestic t20 2 to 3 years ago he hasn't done much to be selected in the side for england tour Muhammad simi have pace but his ave is 50+in test format sarfraz is a very good wicket keeper but he lacks in batting department which gives akmal an edge over him Faisal Iqbal is playing since inzaman use to be a captain don't ask me how many chances he got

Pakistani side is full of younge talent it's the same team which brought the victory against austrila after 15 years give them time they will bring lot more goodies for pakistan in near future INSHALLAH

All the names which u mention r little over rated in your head n all of them have got enough chances to prove their self format sarfraz is a very good wicket keeper but he lacks in batting department which gives akmal an edge over him Faisal Iqbal is playing since inzaman use to be a captain don't ask me how many chances he got

fawad alam was picked up n brought straight into the pakistani side when he was the man of the series in domestic t20 2 to 3 years ago he hasn't done much to be selected in the side for england tour

are you kidding??? :blink: his average in 3 test matches is 41+ with one century...

read this article....

The curious case of Fawad Alam
The Dawn Blog Blog Archive The curious case of Fawad Alam

Pakistani side is full of younge talent it's the same team which brought the victory against austrila after 15 years give them time they will bring lot more goodies for pakistan in near future INSHALLAH

Batsmen did nothing special in that match against Australia, that was totally bowlers performance which brought victory for us....
and if you talking about young talent like Azhar ali and Umar Amin, they both did nothing in last 4 matches... no doubt they are talented players but they totally flopped in last 4 matches...

Muhammad simi have pace but his ave is 50+in test

yeah its true but he performed very well in last match against Australia in Australia... took 3 early wickets for Pakistan and then he dropped after that match, dont know why :hitwall:
2nd Test: Australia v Pakistan at Sydney, Jan 3-6, 2010 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com

hope our team will perform well in future in all formats... :tup:
:pakistan:

My whole point is that our team MUST represent Pakistan and not Punjab or Sindh or other provinces.

You are not making any sense here. Even if we assume that all pakistani players has been taken from punjab province then still it will be called as pakistani team because Punjab is in pakistan. Cricket is very famous in punjab and punjab is large province of pakistan thats why most players in pakistani team are from lahoore . I think a guy from multan or gujraat should also cry that why all players are from lahore and no one represent multan. Dude look beyond provinces. Next i will hear from you that why majority of punjabiz are in pakistan army and it should not be called pakistan army becuase it consist of more punjabi than muhajirs or sindhi or pathans

and you are aslo wrong to assume that all players are from one province. it will be better if you do some research before making any such assumptions.

It shouldnt matter which part of Pakistan most of the players came from, it should only matter that best of the best are playing. And Punjabis and Pukhtuns are known to be the best in sports and also the best in combat. The largest ethnic group in Pakistan are Punjabis, so of course we are going to be more in every field.

why do you bring out ethnicity in every thing. Everyone is performing excellently? Afridi, Misbah, Younas khan, Umer Akmal. Even Hafeez was on fire yesterday. Kamran Akmal is not a good keeper but he is a good batsman. And currently we dont have another keeper. Abdur Rehman bowled well. Pacers like shoaib AKhtar and Umer gul bowled supremely in one of matches each where the pitch is totally suited to spinners . Only one odd player is failing to perform. I dont know what are you complaining about.

Stop reviving age old threads...

Team has totally been changed... I never saw some overkill favoritism going on, people seem to be chosen on merit. Why not this player and that player... well that is more likely to do with the selector's opinion about that player's performance than the city.

Back
Top Bottom