What's new

Pakistan takes major action against Jamaat-ud-Dawaa camp

The "Camp" that was raided was a hospital, a school and a madrassa, established after the earthquake. The Let was banned and dismantled long before. Its humanitarian wing "Jammat ud Dawa" was never banned. And is still not a banned organization. I think none of you visited the earthquake affected areas immediately after it happened. Members of organizations like these were the ones who spent days and nights digging up the dead for a proper burial when their own relatives were fearful of going into the neighbourhoods. What's wrong with you people?

Atleast Musharaf was appeasing only the US but now our so called government has started to suckup to the Hindus. There is no civilian governement here. The power just went from a military dictator to a civilian one. By arresting these people GoP has diverted the attention of the international and local media from the original issue, the investigation. There is no evidence! And some here suggest that evidence came from US, how come it wasn't shown on the media? Perhaps its the same 9/11 kind of evidence. Already Hindustani security personel are turning up as suspects. The arrests were a really crappy move!

The thing that really pisses me off is that we can't recognize our enemies and our friends. The people we are supposed to be fighting with are ordering us like masters. And we are ignoring those who want wholeheartedly to help us. I really don't know if this government works for my welfare and protection! By the looks of it, it's much more commited to protecting Hindus and Americans !!!

Last edited:
Incontrovertible proof of Pak hand in Mumbai attacks: India-News-The Times of India

hope this video clarifies indian view point

1. Pranab Mukherjee earlier made comments very next day of attacks Pakistan refuted.

India had no option but to share evidence with US who had their own channels of finding about involvement of terror elements from Pakistan. India could not have made Pakistan government to crackdown on Militants.
US had to be involved and now you are seeing the action.

I again want to remind RR that truth will prevail. Same thing was observed during attack on Indian embassy in Kabul.

Aside from quotes from unnamed sources, nothing incriminating has ever been shared with Pakistan or Pakistani authorities linking ISI with the bombing of the Indian embassy. The western intelligence linked the Haqqani group to its supposed ties with the ISI, they said "Haqqani is ISI's man" and thus ISI gave the orders.

"And some here suggest that evidence came from US, how come it wasn't shown on the media?"

Since when in a criminal/terrorist investigation is the public owed evidence? Your oversight of the ONGOING investigation isn't required, necessary, and certainly not to be recommended.

If required, you've elected officials in parliament who can request a closed-session presentation. Purient curiousity from the general public, btw, doesn't qualify and never has.

"And we are ignoring those who want wholeheartedly to help us."

thorosius, help me out with whom your "wholeheartedly" willing helpers would be, please?

I suspect I know but would rather see you commit in words what you are patently dancing around. This already tells me much-

"Perhaps its the same 9/11 kind of evidence."

Your answer to my question will assist me with the same troubling question that confounds you-

"The thing that really pisses me off is that we can't recognize our enemies and our friends."

Who are those friends, thorosius?

Since when in a criminal/terrorist investigation is the public owed evidence? Your oversight of the ONGOING investigation isn't required, necessary, and certainly not to be recommended.

If required, you've elected officials in parliament who can request a closed-session presentation. Purient curiousity from the general public, btw, doesn't qualify and never has.

It is public owed when a country starts two genocides by imposing wars against another two countries solely on the basis of this so called secret evidence! :) Incase you have no idea what am I talking about, it isn't difficult just insert "America", "Afghanistan" and "Iraq" at the appropriate locations in the above sentence. These closed sessions are just a smokescreen to carryout what others want.

thorosius, help me out with whom your "wholeheartedly" willing helpers would be, please?

I suspect I know but would rather see you commit in words what you are patently dancing around. This already tells me much-

1. China, 2. Tribes across our western frontier, 3. Patriotic humanitarian organizations like Jammat ud Dawa to name a few.

Your answer to my question will assist me with the same troubling question that confounds you-

You already said that evidence involved in these investigation isn't owed to the public. True, but the reason is that there is nothing to show.

Who are those friends, thorosius?
I'v already mentioned them above but while I'm at it I'll mention some enemies too. 1. US, 2. Hindustan (especially Hindus), 3. Zionists, 4. Our elite whose everything is already in the foreign and they don't give a s**t what happens to Pakistan or Pakistanis.

Last edited:
"And we are ignoring those who want wholeheartedly to help us...1. China, 2. Tribes across our western frontier, 3. Patriotic humanitarian organizations like Jammat ud Dawa to name a few."

Pakistan is ignoring the PRC? Really? Was that Zardari I noted returning from his Chinese banquet with empty pockets and no cash from your paternal, fraternal friends to your north? Hmmm... No help from the PRC means nothing to ignore from Pakistan.:china::sniper::pakistan:

Tribes across your western frontier? No argument there. You have ignored them since your inception. Some now return the favor and ignore you. Others in their tribes go one step further and attack you-every damned day. Still others in these tribes thank the heavens for your ignorance such that they can attack afghani civilians every damned day.

#3 is a fascinating collection of "patriots". Well, they're certainly not being ignored any longer, are they?

Thanks for the insight. Methinks that you're a taliban sympathizer who prefers to let others do the fighting for you. Less talk, more walking the walk is my prescription. Go help your tribal brothers to the west. Walk there, find a weapon and then go to Afghanistan. There you'll meet young men in U.S. Army uniforms and carrying weapons which they use very well eager to help you find true enlightenment at the right hand of Allah (PBUH).

I sincerely wish you good luck doing so. Your virgins await.:agree:

Pakistan is ignoring the PRC? Really? Was that Zardari I noted returning from his Chinese banquet with empty pockets and no cash from your paternal, fraternal friends to your north? Hmmm... No help from the PRC means nothing to ignore from Pakistan.:china::sniper::pakistan::

The chinese have helped pakistan on numerous occasions and are still helping pakistan.
You pick out one occasion and you think that some how sums up pak-china relations.What about Gwadar-Fighter plane-Economic cooperation ect.
The chinese are not going to go to war over pakistan against any other nation,they will help and support the pakistanis but at the end its up to yourselves.
The US philosophy is "to help itself" while the chinese philosophy is "to help you to help yourself".
Do you expect the chinese to pay pakistan debt off..?

Tribes across your western frontier? No argument there. You have ignored them since your inception. Some now return the favor and ignore you. Others in their tribes go one step further and attack you-every damned day. Still others in these tribes thank the heavens for your ignorance such that they can attack afghani civilians every damned day.::

The reason why the tribesman are fighing the pak army is becauce we are stopping them from helping there relations across the "border" fight for freedom against foreign forces.
Would any tribesman other then the sellouts fight the pak army if they pulled out of FATA.
History has shown that the tribesman are true pakistans and should be backed in there struggle against foreign forces.

#Thanks for the insight. Methinks that you're a taliban sympathizer who prefers to let others do the fighting for you. Less talk, more walking the walk is my prescription. Go help your tribal brothers to the west. Walk there, find a weapon and then go to Afghanistan.?

What like your commander in chief did......george bush.

There you'll meet young men in U.S. Army uniforms and carrying weapons which they use very well eager to help you find true enlightenment?

The only people in US military outfits i have ever heard of are perverts,thiefs,child abusers,tortures ect.
Are you part of there gang?

You're dismissive on substance alone.

You advocate the waging of war upon Afghanistan from Pakistani soil. Simply put, that's an act of war. America's forebearance limits our fully justified response to PREDATOR and REAPER strikes...for the present.

Were you the leader of your nation, it would be easy for others to take your comments as a declaration of war and apply the full measure of their strength in removing you and that continuing threat.

If Pakistani, you talk too much and do too little- except to allow others to do the fighting and dying for you. I've worn a uniform and have taken my chances by doing so.

You, conversely, show little of the same modest courage while eagerly seeking to propel Pakistan into the depths of oblivion.

I've nothing but disdain for your venomous tone and frail intellect.

As I've told hasang20, you'd do well to think of your finger-tips as an open drain connected to your precious few and irreplacable brain cells. Every time you type, they diminish.

Were it not for the resultant dribble that assaults our eyes, that would be a very good thing.

Aside from quotes from unnamed sources, nothing incriminating has ever been shared with Pakistan or Pakistani authorities linking ISI with the bombing of the Indian embassy. The western intelligence linked the Haqqani group to its supposed ties with the ISI, they said "Haqqani is ISI's man" and thus ISI gave the orders.

No need of defending organization or persons who India or UN calls terrorists
Pakistan can refute India and continue doing so but lets see what is the effect of UN ban. Now it seems Pakistan's favorite ally China did not veto the ban to support Pakistan.

UN bans Jamaat-ud-Dawa; declares it a terror outfit

UNITED NATIONS: The United Nations Security Council has placed sanctions against Pakistan-based Jamaat-ud-Dawa, a front organization for Lashkar-e-Taiba, declaring it a terrorist organization.

The Council panel has designated four men linked to the Mumbai attacks as terrorists subject to sanctions.

The four men are believed to hold leadership positions in the banned Pakistani militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba that is accused of orchestrating last month's attacks that left over 180 dead in Mumbai.

Designated as terrorists subject to UN sanctions were Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi, Lashkar's operations chief; Muhammad Saeed, the group's leader; Haji Muhammad Ashraf, its chief of finance; and Mahmoud Mohammad Ahmed Bahaziq, a financier with the group.

The Security Council's al-Qaida and Taliban sanctions committee added them to its list of terrorists subject to the assets freeze, travel ban and arms embargo under a council resolution adopted this year.

The US Treasury Department last week designated the men as terrorists and ordered any US assets frozen.

Earlier on Wednesday, in what is being read as the first sign of Pakistan wilting in the face of growing international pressure, Islamabad had said that it will ban Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JUD) “the political arm of Lashkar-e-Taiba, which has been recruiting fidayeen killers like the captured terrorist Ajmal” if the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) declared JUD a terrorist outfit.

It's learnt the UNSC has already initiated the necessary steps to ban JUD and tighten the screws on its chief Hafiz Saeed, regarded as a key man behind the Mumbai carnage, who is wanted by India as a criminal terrorist. A Saeed-specific ban is also a certainty, said government sources.

Pakistan, which had denied the complicity of Lashkar in Mumbai attacks, had to make the statement about banning JUD at the UNSC because of the near-unanimity in the Security Council about JUD's involvement in terrorism. The UNSC move marked a global concert against Pakistan because of its failure to carry out its repeated pledges to India and others to crack down on terrorist camps.

``After the designation of Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JUD) under resolution 1267, the government on receiving communication from the Security Council shall proscribe the JUD and take other consequential actions, as required, including the freezing of assets,'' said Abdullah Hussain Haroon, Pakistan's permanent representative in the UN. Sources said that he gave an undertaking to the same effect to the world body on Tuesday.

Indian officials seemed satisfied with the impending ban on JUD by Pakistan.

Haroon also said that no LeT camp would be allowed to operate from Pakistan. Pakistan's NSA Mahmud Ali Durrani had reiterated on Wednesday that his country would follow all UN resolutions. ``We will follow any UN resolution. There should be no doubt. If our investigations prove the involvement of any organisation in Pakistan, we will definitely ban it,'' Durrani told a news channel.

Meanwhile, Pakistan PM Yousaf Raza Gilani confirmed on Wednesday that police had detained Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi and Zarrar Shah, the two members of LeT whom India has blamed for the attacks in Mumbai. He said that the allegations against them are being looked into.

UN bans Jamaat-ud-Dawa; declares it a terror outfit-USA-World-The Times of India

Last edited by a moderator:
Pakistan, which had denied the complicity of Lashkar in Mumbai attacks, had to make the statement about banning JUD at the UNSC because of the near-unanimity in the Security Council about JUD's involvement in terrorism. The UNSC move marked a global concert against Pakistan because of its failure to carry out its repeated pledges to India and others to crack down on terrorist camps.

GP:

You are highlighting opinion from a rabidly anti-pakistan Indian paper as if it is fact. Almost all of the what you highlighted is nothing but speculation designed to cast as negative a light on Pakistan's decision to abide by what the UNSC determines.

Highlight the factual parts of your articles please, not inflammatory opinion.

No need of defending organization or persons who India or UN calls terrorists
Pakistan can refute India and continue doing so but lets see what is the effect of UN ban. Now it seems Pakistan's favorite ally China did not veto the ban to support Pakistan.
Secondly, don't apply retroactive reasoning here, and for once read the post and reply in context - Blain is talking about Haqqani and how the alleged links with the ISI (to the bombing) were based on a very tenuous link. Not sure how you can tie in a UN ban on JuD to that.

Pakistan and Pakistanis had, and have, every right to question Indian allegations and demand evidence before taking action.

However, as members of the UN, we will respect its charter and abide by its determination (unlike some other nations on UNSC resolutions), the GoP has made that part clear already.

Secondly, don't apply retroactive reasoning here, and for once read the post and reply in context - Blain is talking about Haqqani and how the alleged links with the ISI (to the bombing) were based on a very tenuous link. Not sure how you can tie in a UN ban on JuD to that.

Pakistan and Pakistanis had, and have, every right to question Indian allegations and demand evidence before taking action.

However, as members of the UN, we will respect its charter and abide by its determination (unlike some other nations on UNSC resolutions), the GoP has made that part clear already.

My posts were not about Haqqani there is more than enough material on Internet to show Haqqani's links with ISI but lets not divert.
Let Pakistan question India allegations it leads nowhere, India has approached
appropriate forums and you are seeing result.

My posts were not about Haqqani there is more than enough material on Internet to show Haqqani's links with ISI but lets not divert.
Let Pakistan question India allegations it leads nowhere, India has approached
appropriate forums and you are seeing result.

If your post was not about Haqqani, then I fail to see why you responded to Blains point with a post about the UN ban?

You seem to have a little bit of a comprehension problem, and are creating an argument where there is none. Pakistan (or Blain here) has not denied that Pakistan has links to Haqqani, just like we had links to LeT.

What is being argued is that the allegations of ISI involvement were based on a spurious argument, that just because the ISI had links to Haqqani, it was guilty.

^How is that argument spurious? Nobody is buying the argument that the ISI needed to maintain links in order to spy on them.

Pakistan is ignoring the PRC? Really? Was that Zardari I noted returning from his Chinese banquet with empty pockets and no cash from your paternal, fraternal friends to your north? Hmmm... No help from the PRC means nothing to ignore from Pakistan.:china::sniper::pakistan:

So does the definition of Help according to you is getting cash? I can give you a hundred examples of China helping Pakistan but then again its not worth it, after all i dont want you to quit again not withstanding the facts.

Back
Top Bottom