What's new

Pakistan still hosts largest number of refugees: UN

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
52b50b51525d6.jpg

Pakistan has been named the largest refugee-hosting country in the world with 2.6m refugees from Afghanistan and more constantly flooding. — File photo

UNITED NATIONS: The United Nations refugee agency warned on Friday that 2013 could become a record year for the highest levels of forced displacement ever seen, owing to unusually large numbers of new refugees and internally displaced people (IDPs).

The first half of 2013 is described as “one of the worst periods for forced displacement in decades,” by the Mid-year Trends 2013 report produced by the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).

Some 5.9 million people were forced to flee their homes in the first six months of the year, compared with 7.6m for all of 2012. The biggest producer of new displacement was Syria.

Sharp rises were seen in the number of new refugees — 1.5m during the first six months of 2013 compared to 1.1m for all of 2012 — and in the number of people newly displaced within their own countries – 4m people compared with 6.5m for all of 2012.

Pakistan was named the largest refugee-hosting country in the world with 2.6m refugees from Afghanistan and more constantly flooding.

There were also more than 450,000 asylum applications, although this was about the same levels from the same period a year ago, said UNHCR.

Pakistan still hosts largest number of refugees: UN - DAWN.COM

If Pakistan can host you, why can't Afghans?? :lol: What happened to Muslim Ummah???

Muslim Ummah isn't a euphemism for Stupidity - It means Muslims should stick together & consider each other as their Own - Naturally that has reciprocity & reason embedded within it !

Think of it as the EU or the NATO from a spiritual dimension !

It is not an invitation for - Come On....stay in my house, sh*t everywhere & claim 2 out of the 4 rooms in my house for your own & then demand I sign them over to you because 'Hey....we're brothers...right' !

Muslim Ummah isn't a euphemism for Stupidity - It means Muslims should stick together & consider each other as their Own - Naturally that has reciprocity & reason embedded within it !

Think of it as the EU or the NATO from a spiritual dimension !

It is not an invitation for - Come On....stay in my house, sh*t everywhere & claim 2 out of the 4 rooms in my house for your own & then demand I sign them over to you because 'Hey....we're brothers...right' !

Got it - No:kiss3::kiss3: Between Muslim Ummah! Fitte Mooh, you could have answer it in Naswar Thread. :pissed:No more comments from me in this thread. :wave:

Please send the Afghans back ! :agree:

Bring the Stranded Pakistanis back from Bangladesh ! :kiss3:
come on .. you guys are big hearted... I know if If India ever gets overrun by marauding marathas, there is only I country that will host me... its pakistan.. :P

because pakistan is a stupid country with stupid gov and nation . that is why pakistan is bombland lala land lawless part of earth . from australia to USA whole world refugees terrorists criminals feel safe here . even USMA bin laden was our refugee few years before .today kick out 100% non pakistanis from pakistan tomorrow you will have 90% peace . but you can't admit it we are failed state and we have no hold on our mainland

Please send the Afghans back ! :agree:

Bring the Stranded Pakistanis back from Bangladesh ! :kiss3:

What about the Pakistanis hindus living in india because of security threats?

I believe they should be our top priority followed by the the Left over Pakistanis in Bangladesh

Why sent them back?

They are not our People !

Nor do they have anything but ill-wishes for us & so they can wish us ill from their country - Not ours !

Don't get me started on this Butt - I'm very touchy about the Stranded Pakistani thing ! :mad:

They are our people whom we threw to the squalid conditions & unforgiving angry Bengali Mobs when we ran with our tails tucked between our legs - They must be repatriated back to Pakistan should they wish it !

Don't get me started on this Butt - I'm very touchy about the Stranded Pakistani thing ! :mad:

They are our people whom we threw to the squalid conditions & unforgiving angry Bengali Mobs when we ran with our tails tucked between our legs - They must be repatriated back to Pakistan should they wish it !

Just throw this weight behind our backs !

Now they are Bangladeshis just like we Kashmiris are now Pakistanis.

There are few people in Pakistan who call themselves 'Pakistani' and then deny it's constitution and break law by speaking against it..those people have ill wishes too, are u going to send them somewhere as well? At least Afghans are not doing anything like that(not in my knowledge anyway).
As far as it goes for them being 'our people' ... they are considered as refugees for a reason!

They are not our People !

Nor do they have anything but ill-wishes for us & so they can wish us ill from their country - Not ours !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom