What's new

Pakistan still hosts largest number of refugees: UN

Throw my fellow citizens to the wolves ? Me..? When....where ? :unsure:

I'm simply talking about locking up a Fat Persian Cow in the dungeons - Sounds reasonable ! :undecided:
I see two '''':devil:''ANGELS':devil:''''throwing compliments at each other,how ''nice''.:rofl:

How do Pakistanis afford to keep those refugees?

I am genuinely curious.

Pakistan receives $133 million per year from the UNHCR to look after them !

Even if we take the lowest figure that accounts for their presence they're still 1.7 million registered ones of them here !

Thats about $78 per person per year that Pakistan receives from the UNHCR ! :lol:

And the best part is that the 1.7 million figure is a gross under-estimation !

Pakistan receives $133 million per year from the UNHCR to look after them !

Even if we take the lowest figure that accounts for their presence they're still 1.7 million registered ones of them here !

Thats about $78 per person per year that Pakistan receives from the UNHCR ! :lol:

And the best part is that the 1.7 million figure is a gross under-estimation !
Then how do you finance the rest of the money needed?

They have been living here from a long time, throwing them out will not do us any better. Specially when neighbor Afghanistan is not in position of stabilizing itself. After all these people do relate us in some ways, and we can't just throw them into the lion's mouth. We do have other 'citizens of Pakistan' who hate our ideology, army and what not..first throw them out.

Throw my fellow citizens to the wolves ? Me..? When....where ? :unsure:

I'm simply talking about locking up a Fat Persian Cow in the dungeons - Sounds reasonable ! :undecided:

They have been living here from a long time, throwing them out will not do us any better. Specially when neighbor Afghanistan is not in position of stabilizing itself. After all these people do relate us in some ways, and we can't just throw them into the lion's mouth. We do have other 'citizens of Pakistan' who hate our ideology, army and what not..first throw them out.

Other Citizens of Pakistan are Other Citizens of Pakistan !

If you want to win a Humanitarian Accolade or take a dip in the Mythical Pool called 'Muslim Brotherhood' be my guest as for me - Get these Afghans out of my country !

Then how do you finance the rest of the money needed?

'In the last three decades, Pakistan has on average spent $400 million per year from its own resources on the maintenance of Afghan Refugees. In addition to this direct cost, Pakistan also bore the indirect cost of subsidies given on different commodities & services including wheat, fuel, education & free healthcare. These facilities are provided to Afghan Refugees at par with Pakistani Citizens' (Page 26 of Journey of Friendship - Pakistan's Assistance to Afghanistan)

You can read the rest of it here : Journey of Friendship - Pakistan's Assistance to Afghanistan

Every penny spent was a waste if you ask me !

Last edited:

If you want to win a Humanitarian Accolade or take a dip in the Mythical Pool called 'Muslim Brotherhood' be my guest as for me - Get these Afghans out of my country !

I have an honest question. Why do all those who even are rationally justifying an action and not just bringing mere emotions in the discussion, be termed as aiming for an humanitarian accolade?? Don't you think these are gross generalisations??

I have an honest question. Why do all those who even are rationally justifying an action and not just bringing mere emotions in the discussion, be termed as aiming for an humanitarian accolade??

Because the fact that you are 'aiming to rationally justify the action' is an illusion in your mind's eye !

The rational thing to do is to cut our losses - We've spent billions on them without anything to show for it !

I never expected the Afghans to bow down before me but I think hoping that the Loy Afghanistan (Great Afghanistan) BS by them that has been happening since '48 would've at least ceased after us hosting them for 3 decades & yet they hate us !

Well good for them - I'd love to see them doing all that hating from across the border & not in my country !

Those 'citizens of Pakistan' are far more poisonous and allergic from their own country than majority of Afghan refugees.

Go on then, and do it by yourself..would love to see nation's reaction on ur action.
As far it goes for 'Mythical' Muslim brotherhood and Humanitarian Accolade ..I would have done that Gladly - but my nation is already doing it, they don't need someone's approval.

do what we do to bongladeshis . Shoot them as soon they jump the fence . India is for Indians not Bongladeshis .

Go on then, and do it by yourself..would love to see nation's reaction on ur action.
As far it goes for 'Mythical' Muslim brotherhood and Humanitarian Accolade ..I would have done that Gladly - but my nation is already doing it, they don't need someone's approval.

The Nation has already stopped allowing more Refugees to come in since 2012 - Hopefully in the near future we'd start evicting most of them when the one year extension they were given runs out !

Because the fact that you are 'aiming to rationally justify the action' is an illusion in your mind's eye !

The rational thing to do is to cut our losses - We've spent billions on them without anything to show for it !

I never expected the Afghans to bow down before me but I think hoping that the Loy Afghanistan (Great Afghanistan) BS by them that has been happening since '48 would've at least ceased after us hosting them for 3 decades & yet they hate us !

Well good for them - I'd love to see them doing all that hating from across the border & not in my country !

Which hatred are you referring to?? Is PDF the standard to judge what Afghans think or feel about Pakistanis?? As you yourself said they are over a million Afghans in our country therefore claiming to speak for all of them, when a few can't be their representatives at least not on a forum, would be unfair according to me.

Which hatred are you referring to?? Is PDF the standard to judge what Afghans think or feel about Pakistanis?? As you yourself said they are over a million Afghans in our country therefore claiming to speak for all of them, when a few can't be their representatives at least not on a forum, would be unfair according to me.

I think I have enough brain-cells to have arrived at that conclusion myself !

I have formed my opinion after talking to countless Afghans in real life & countless more Pakistani Pukhtoons & Pakistani Hindkowans who are either my friends or my family & they range from Tribal Pukhtoons to the ones from Settled Areas !

Their interactions & their ever so strong opinions about Afghans in addition to my experience, the observations of every Civil Society Member, Media Person or Official from Afghanistan is enough for me to risk it & say 'They don't like it - Fine....do the hating from across the Durand Line' !

I think I have enough brain-cells to have arrived at that conclusion myself !

I have formed my opinion after talking to countless Afghans in real life & countless more Pakistani Pukhtoons & Pakistani Hindkowans who are either my friends or my family & they range from Tribal Pukhtoons to the ones from Settled Areas !

Their interactions & their ever so strong opinions about Afghans in addition to my experience, the observations of every Civil Society Member, Media Person or Official from Afghanistan is enough for me to risk it & say 'They don't like it - Fine....do the hating from across the Durand Line' !

Okay Okay. Your choice, what can i say.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom