What's new

Pakistan still hosts largest number of refugees: UN

Other Citizens of Pakistan are Other Citizens of Pakistan !

If you want to win a Humanitarian Accolade or take a dip in the Mythical Pool called 'Muslim Brotherhood' be my guest as for me - Get these Afghans out of my country !

'In the last three decades, Pakistan has on average spent $400 million per year from its own resources on the maintenance of Afghan Refugees. In addition to this direct cost, Pakistan also bore the indirect cost of subsidies given on different commodities & services including wheat, fuel, education & free healthcare. These facilities are provided to Afghan Refugees at par with Pakistani Citizens' (Page 26 of Journey of Friendship - Pakistan's Assistance to Afghanistan)

You can read the rest of it here : Journey of Friendship - Pakistan's Assistance to Afghanistan

Every penny spent was a waste if you ask me !
Do you think,after NATO leaves Afghanistan the refugees wil want to go back or given a chance to come back home?
A big burden on Pakistan.
Read the Journey of Friendship and i understand your stance on the subject.

The Nation has already stopped allowing more Refugees to come in since 2012 - Hopefully in the near future we'd start evicting most of them when the one year extension they were given runs out !

I agree..
Yes, that's only ur hope..because nation have still not force them out.
We can surely evict them only if things get better in their country, with a process not some 'throw them out once policy' otherwise there would be no difference in us and the one who are chopping their country without any benignity.

Do you think,after NATO leaves Afghanistan the refugees wil want to go back or given a chance to come back home?
A big burden on Pakistan.

Most of them returned already & more are flooding in as we speak hence why the relevant Minister (Yes we even have a Minister dealing with it) categorically said that we can't accept anymore !

Unfortunately - We won't do anything because its not proper to send back a people who hate your guts & whats worse are Muslims ! :o:

Gullible Basterds that we are - Thats enough to sway us ! :lol:

And after NATO leaves....Afghanistan will again fall to the Taliban & the present Afghan Government which is little more than the Northern Alliance with a make-over is going to be more or less the Northern Alliance once more with an Afghanistan that has descended again into chaos & proxy wars with a dozen different countries using & abusing their Warlords of choice against each other which prompted Pakistan supporting the Taliban to beginwith - So its not a pretty sight !

I wish we get out of this emotional BS & mine & fence the border & shoot every trespasser on sight !

But like most things in Pakistan - It ain't gonna happen because no matter how much Afghans may hate our guts - They're still our brothers even if they don't consider us as ones ! :cheesy:

Yeah right you're a Kashmiri na how could you mention anything other than food.

You hurt me with your comment ! :cray:

Most of them returned already & more are flooding in as we speak hence why the relevant Minister (Yes we even have a Minister dealing with it) categorically said that we can't accept anymore !

Unfortunately - We won't do anything because its not proper to send back a people who hate your guts & whats worse are Muslims ! :o:

Gullible Basterds that we are - Thats enough to sway us ! :lol:

And after NATO leaves....Afghanistan will again fall to the Taliban & the present Afghan Government which is little more than the Northern Alliance with a make-over is going to be more or less the Northern Alliance once more with an Afghanistan that has descended again into chaos & proxy wars with a dozen different countries using & abusing their Warlords of choice against each other which prompted Pakistan supporting the Taliban to beginwith - So its not a pretty sight !

I wish we get out of this emotional BS & mine & fence the border & shoot every trespasser on sight !

But like most things in Pakistan - It ain't gonna happen because no matter how much Afghans may hate our guts - They're still our brothers even if they don't consider us as ones ! :cheesy:

You hurt me with your comment ! :cray:
Thats the thing i dont get,why do they hate Pakistan so much after the help you gave/give them.
Its unacceptable.

I told you many times dont show your weaknesses,they(women) will allways use it against you:hitwall:

Thats the thing i dont get,why do they hate Pakistan so much after the help you gave/give them.
Its unacceptable.

Because in the 1800s parts of Pakistan were parts of Afghanistan when they fought against the British & in return for saving their skins gave away those parts to the British hence the Durand Line - the International Border that separates Afghanistan from Pakistan !

Now when Pakistan was created the people who inhabited those lands were given the choice to either join Pakistan or to join India - They voted overwhelmingly so in the favor of Pakistan despite the best attempts of the Afghans to woo the Anti-Pakistan Party ruling those areas at that time !

Pakistan's Founding Father extended a hand of friendship to them recognizing our shared past, religion, culture & language - They responded by being the only country to vote against Pakistan's inclusion in the UN !

Later in the '60s they sent in their boys to take back what they thought were their land in Bajaur only to be beaten back by the Tribals who inhabited those lands who later called in the Pakistan Army to help them out & drive back the Infiltrators !

Then in the '70s when they deposed of their King & installed a Communist Government therein they again whipped up the Loy Afghanistan or Great Afghanistan BS & started claiming nearly 2/3rd of Pakistan as their own & when the Soviet Muscle came to help them out we joined hands with the Americans to safeguard our territorial integrity by arming, training & supporting the Mujahideen who overturned the Soviet Government & prompted the Soviets to withdraw !

Thats when things got really ugly because just when the people - Afghans & Pakistanis - who had known nothing but death & destruction for nearly a decade fighting against the Soviets needed rehabilitation - The international community abandoned both Pakistan & Afghanistan as if our only utility was to be used & abused & then discarded !

Thats why Afghanistan imploded with those Mujahideen Factions splintered & Warlords were born - In those days they were used as proxies by dozens of countries with many being used against Pakistan !

Drug Culture, Gun Culture, Kidnapping for Ransom etc. were on the rise in Pakistan in those times & many of the criminals would run from here & into Afghanistan where they found sanctuaries there !

In those times Afghans killed more Afghans then the Soviets ever could !

Pakistan responded to the proxy battle being raged against her by supporting a rising group - the Taliban who later succeeded in quelling all of these Warlords & brought peace to Afghanistan but at a terrible cost !

In addition to this in their quest for their dream for a Great Afghanistan subsequent Afghan Governments have support Separatists Insurgencies in Pakistan's province of Baluchistan from '48 till the current one !

So as a whole because of that they hate us ! :-)

Thats the long & short of it !

Its unacceptable.

I told you many times dont show your weaknesses,they(women) will allways use it against you:hitwall:

Because they have some irredentist dream that has been brainwashed into their heads that tells them that the western half of Pakistan belongs to them (even though they sold out their Western Pakistani "brothers" i.e. the Pashtuns and Balochis to the British in the 1800s). Despite this they have still managed to convince themselves that these Pakistani Pashtuns and Balochis want to rejoin Afghanistan (again despite the fact that tribal militias made up of Pakistani Pakhtuns have repulsed Afghan incursions into Pakistan numerous times in the past).

With regards to our behaviour towards them, it is based on some loose idea of ethnic and religious brotherhood. Of course this idea is extremely detrimental to our own interests but is a legacy of the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan when public opinion was geared towards supporting a jihad in Afghanistan against the Russians. The Ruskis are gone but the idea of seeing Afghanistan and Afghans as Jihadi Ghazis has not disappeared from the Pakistani masses mindset. As said this is extremely detrimental to our own interests as the Afghans are making full use of this mindset to backstab us wherever the opportunity arises (e.g. allowing foreign agencies/terrorist organisations safe havens and bases close to the Pakistani border from where they launch attacks inside Pakistan. Chuck Hagel stating this in a more diplomatic way said "India has over the years financed problems for Pakistan" in Afghanistan"). And still us "gullible" Pakistanis as Armstrong put it quite accurately will keep on believing they really have only the best wishes for Pakistan in their hearts.

Because in the 1800s parts of Pakistan were parts of Afghanistan when they fought against the British & in return for saving their skins gave away those parts to the British hence the Durand Line - the International Border that separates Afghanistan from Pakistan !

Now when Pakistan was created the people who inhabited those lands were given the choice to either join Pakistan or to join India - They voted overwhelmingly so in the favor of Pakistan despite the best attempts of the Afghans to woo the Anti-Pakistan Party ruling those areas at that time !

Pakistan's Founding Father extended a hand of friendship to them recognizing our shared past, religion, culture & language - They responded by being the only country to vote against Pakistan's inclusion in the UN !

Later in the '60s they sent in their boys to take back what they thought were their land in Bajaur only to be beaten back by the Tribals who inhabited those lands who later called in the Pakistan Army to help them out & drive back the Infiltrators !

Then in the '70s when they deposed of their King & installed a Communist Government therein they again whipped up the Loy Afghanistan or Great Afghanistan BS & started claiming nearly 2/3rd of Pakistan as their own & when the Soviet Muscle came to help them out we joined hands with the Americans to safeguard our territorial integrity by arming, training & supporting the Mujahideen who overturned the Soviet Government & prompted the Soviets to withdraw !

Thats when things got really ugly because just when the people - Afghans & Pakistanis - who had known nothing but death & destruction for nearly a decade fighting against the Soviets needed rehabilitation - The international community abandoned both Pakistan & Afghanistan as if our only utility was to be used & abused & then discarded !

Thats why Afghanistan imploded with those Mujahideen Factions splintered & Warlords were born - In those days they were used as proxies by dozens of countries with many being used against Pakistan !

Drug Culture, Gun Culture, Kidnapping for Ransom etc. were on the rise in Pakistan in those times & many of the criminals would run from here & into Afghanistan where they found sanctuaries there !

In those times Afghans killed more Afghans then the Soviets ever could !

Pakistan responded to the proxy battle being raged against her by supporting a rising group - the Taliban who later succeeded in quelling all of these Warlords & brought peace to Afghanistan but at a terrible cost !

In addition to this in their quest for their dream for a Great Afghanistan subsequent Afghan Governments have support Separatists Insurgencies in Pakistan's province of Baluchistan from '48 till the current one !

So as a whole because of that they hate us ! :-)

Thats the long & short of it !
Yeah people dont understand that dreams only come true in the USA.:pakistan:

Yeah people dont understand that dreams only come true in the USA.:pakistan:

I've got my piece of Heaven right here called Pakistan ! :pakistan:

What more can I ask for in my dream of dreams ? :azn:

And no...after the smoking picture I'm officially put-off from Hazal Kaya ! :bad:

Now I'm thinking more along the lines of Nur Fettahoglu ! :smitten:

do what we do to bongladeshis . Shoot them as soon they jump the fence . India is for Indians not Bongladeshis .
still their population is increasing day by day...due to which there is an alarming change in the demography of assam and WB...and the worst part is...politicians are using them for vote bank

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom