What's new

Pakistan sold Iran nuke tech in 1980s, former President Rafsanjani reveals .

t2101.gif
:bad:

Everyone knows Pakistani nuclear proliferation record. Coming from a former Iranian president puts the seal on the issue. The world cannot trust Pakistan with nuclear arms.

As if before this revelation there was no seal of IAEA and other world powers on this Issue and they were waiting for his final seal? :blink: this all happen when Pakistan didn't have any nuclear command structure lots of ppl were doing lots of work with free hand from govt which cause this kind of accident.. After we develop nuclear structure and command no one in the world can claim that Pakistan did any proliferation...

. After we develop nuclear structure and command no one in the world can claim that Pakistan did any proliferation...

No guarantees on that...Saudi's recently claimed they can get nukes from pakistan whenever they want...isis claimed it can get nukes from pakistan.

Saudi nuclear weapons 'on order' from Pakistan - BBC News

ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan and smuggling it to US | Daily Mail Online

Pakistan vehemently denied proliferation charge all this while, and claimed that it was a.q.khan who did it. .but these revelations from the former Iranian head proves otherwise. If a.q.khan was really the culprit them why is he a free man? ..A man supposedly sells a nations secrets and surprisingly is capable of transferring 4000 centrifuges is let off withput a charge...and then pakistan expects the world to believe that it is not involved.

So bloody what - who can do shit about it? AQ Khan walks a free man and so do all the others involved. Sanction threats and deportation threats are for weaklings. India and US need to deal with it.

Following list is a reality with which every ones needs to get comfortable with

1. Gwadar
2. CPEC
3. Militarization of SCS.

There's no pressure in heavens or on earth that can stop any of the above. Biggest loser in all of this is India, which will just keep dreaming of meaningless memberships in International fora as a third grade applicant and lose where it really matters, business.

What India can do best is make a Bollywood movie about it! :D
Great analysis...good for you!!

No guarantees on that...Saudi's recently claimed they can get nukes from pakistan whenever they want...isis claimed it can get nukes from pakistan.

Aliens can also claim it.. i can also claim to be ur father but does claiming that only make me ur father? anyone can claim anything.. but reality is other thing..

If a.q.khan was really the culprit them why is he a free man? ..

He was under house arrest for years he got relief by Judiciary in 2008 but still his movement is very limited.

Aliens can also claim it.. i can also claim to be ur father but does claiming that only make me ur father? anyone can claim anything.. but reality is other thing..

He was under house arrest for years he got relief by Judiciary in 2008 but still his movement is very limited.

Lol.sure, you can claim anything. .But there is a difference between a retard claiming something and a nation claiming it.

House arrest. More like prevention from the US or the media getting to him..is that how someone treats a supposed traitor who supposedly sold the country's secrets?..The father of your bomb..A common thief.

The poor sod was just a partial scapegoat.

Lol.sure, you can claim anything. .But there is a difference between a retard claiming something and a nation claiming it.

Which Nation? ISIS? :D or those Saudis who failed to get few soldiers from us for Yemen will get nukes from us? stop behaving like retard..

House arrest. More like prevention from the US or the media getting to him..is that how someone treats a supposed traitor who supposedly sold the country's secrets?..The father of your bomb..A common thief.

who is US? even if we have to hand him over to anyone it would be IAEA not USA... Traitor? he sold nothing that can Harm Pakistan.. hence that Punishment is more then enough...

The poor sod was just a partial scapegoat.

Apply burnol :D

Did Iran really "officially surrendered her nuclear programs?"

as a Pakistani-Iranian you should know more . not only that statement is very untrue , but also you should know that rafsanjani is a what we call here a "mohreye sookhte" . he has lost all his popularity and just throws random BS to get some attention .

Having access to Iranian media , how many people quoted what he said ? no one

Hindustan Times gave more attention to this than the Iranian media and you can guess why

You see, I hope you understand the following:

In the last 6 months or so Pakistan was trying hard to get access to civil nuclear technology.
We have worked very hard to improve our stature and our outlook as a responsible nuclear state.

At this point in time, when the western governments are pressurizing Pakistan to put a cap on it's nuclear program

There was NO POINT, or NEED for Rafsangani to dig up this old skeleton.

The fact that no one but the indian media picked it up goes to show on whose behest did he do this.

Now, tell me why should I not deduce that Shia played for Kafir and back stabbed a country who gave them centrifuges ?

You see, I hope you understand the following:

In the last 6 months or so Pakistan was trying hard to get access to civil nuclear technology.
We have worked very hard to improve our stature and our outlook as a responsible nuclear state.

At this point in time, when the western governments are pressurizing Pakistan to put a cap on it's nuclear program

There was NO POINT, or NEED for Rafsangani to dig up this old skeleton.

The fact that no one but the indian media picked it up goes to show on whose behest did he do this.

Now, tell me why should I not deduce that Shia played for Kafir and back stabbed a country who gave them centrifuges ?
You see , i really don't give a shit what you deduce or what you don't.
I know you , you know me . In your eyes shia are kafir nonetheless. Shia are kafir cause they are shia. Lets not suger coat that crap . Or are u playing the shia practice taghia here ? Be a man and say how u feel .

This is not about rafsanjani this is not about iran . Cause every sane mind knows that what rafsanjani says has no credit what so ever as he no longer works for the government. His comments have the same value than mine .

On the other hand if any official from the government specially the foreign ministery said such a thing, it might have had some feedback from other parties .

Thats only assuming that the centrifuges were not supplies some ages ago .

So cut the bull .

Pakistan sold Iran some used centrifuges fabricated as new, centrifuges which were populated with high enriched uranium and Americans used it to accuse Iran for developing bomb, a very good excuse to sanction us.
things gets more interesting when you know the Iranian guy who bought those centrifuges later migrated to America!
I'm dubious if the whole deal has been American's plot and order.

Last edited:
‘Iran considered nuclear weapons during 1980s' - The Hindu
Updated: October 30, 2015 01:56 IST

Former Iranian President Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani has said his country had considered building nuclear weapons during the 1980s, and received centrifuges from Pakistan.

In an interview to Iranian daily Etemaad, Mr. Rafsanjani, who’s now the Chairman of the Expediency Discernment Council, an administrative assembly appointed by the Supreme Leader, said the post-revolutionary regime had held talks with AQ Khan, founder of Pakistan’s nuclear bomb programme.

“…during the [Iran-Iraq] war, we both tried to restart the programme. It seems Mr. Abd al-Qadir Khan himself was of the belief that the world of Islam should have a nuclear bomb. This was his conviction,” said Mr. Rafsanjani, according to an English translation of the interview published by The Foundation for Defense of Democracies, a U.S.-based policy institute.

He was the First Chairman of the Parliament during the 1980-88 Iran-Iraq war, and became the President shortly thereafter.

“At any rate, it was agreed that they (Pakistan) should help us a bit — for example, by delivering second-hand first-generation centrifuges, along with some designs — so that we could build it ourselves,” he said, adding: “The Pakistanis gave us 4,000 second-hand first-generation centrifuges, along with designs.”

However, the former President did not make it clear whether the Pakistani government was involved in this transfer of technology or it was made by the AQ Khan network. In 2005 March, Pakistan's then information minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed had said Mr. Khan had supplied centrifuges to Tehran, but “the government was in no way involved in this”.

Mr. Rafsanjani, who was Iran’s President from 1989 to August 1997, said he went to Pakistan to meet Mr. Khan. “During my visits to Pakistan, I wanted to meet him, but they did not introduce him to me. Ayatollah Khamenei, too, did not meet him.”

Mr. Rafsanjani’s revelations come at a crucial time when Iran is implementing a landmark nuclear deal it reached with the U.S. and other major world powers earlier this year. Throughout the negotiations, Tehran had maintained that its nuclear programme had always been peaceful.

The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), the United Nations nuclear watchdog, is investigating whether the Iranian nuclear programme ever had military ambitions. Its report is expected to be released in December.

Asked if anyone in Iran had recommended his to build a nuclear bomb, Mr. Rafsanjani said: “All those [who] loved Iran were engaged in nuclear activities [and] engaged in the work because of the non-military advantages of the project. Because of their Islamic ethics, they were opposed to building the nuclear bomb and we knew that it had no other results but mass destruction.”

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom