What's new

Pakistan silent on the purchase of Russian helicopters

Pakistan has been looking to induct another type of helicopter gunship for a long time. It was needed for various reasons.

With this procurement there is no urgent need of newer types given the current situation of the country.

Nothing wrong with diversifying, which protects against flaws in a specific platform, as well as future political barriers should relationships with the exporting country shift. :tup:

I do worry about helicopters that have shorter standoff distances, since MANPADs have now proliferated to a degree that is frightening.

Nothing wrong with diversifying, which protects against flaws in a specific platform, as well as future political barriers should relationships with the exporting country shift. :tup:

I do worry about helicopters that have shorter standoff distances, since MANPADs have now proliferated to a degree that is frightening.

How do you see the future of helicopter gunships or helicopters in general? Don't see much in international warfare.. with the reason you mentioned above.

How do you see the future of helicopter gunships or helicopters in general? Don't see much in international warfare.. with the reason you mentioned above.

After Karbala in 2003, I think attack helicopters will be limited to long-range standoff type missions, mainly against light infantry and armor targets. Flying near urban environments searching out armor proved to be a disaster, particularly when your rules of engagement are being followed (as they should have been)

That infamous gun-camera footage of two US units neutralizing a relatively large concentration of Taliban is exactly the type of purpose I see them useful for.

@OCguy | I think Pakistan is going to use Mi-35s for Special Operations while the Cobras do the buddy work, Mi-17s and UH-1s do the lifting and F-16s fly top cover. Mi-35 is an assault heli able to carry 8 fully armed SSGs right into the battle then, stick around and do the close air support, which is a big force multiplier.

@OCguy | I think Pakistan is going to use Mi-35s for Special Operations while the Cobras do the buddy work, Mi-17s and UH-1s do the lifting and F-16s fly top cover. Mi-35 is an assault heli able to carry 8 fully armed SSGs right into the battle then, stick around and do the close air support, which is a big force multiplier.

I agree 100%. The Mi-35 is a formidable combination of speed, ordinance, and transport capabilities.

I agree 100%. The Mi-35 is a formidable combination of speed, ordinance, and transport capabilities.

Especially when mixed with Cobras and F-16s. For anti armor role we'd have to replace our cobras, hopefully with AH-1Z viper or T-129 ATAK. BTW We gave you 2 Hinds as a gift :sarcastic:

Defence procurement budget has been allocated to Army.They haven't announced where they plan too spend the money.

And this is exactly what the army is searching for ...Even Bugti in Baluchistan shot down one MI-17 killing 35 SSGians on board ...MI-35 has everything that a special operation can demand for ...I jsut wish it must come sooner than said ...

And this is exactly what the army is searching for ...Even Bugti in Baluchistan shot down one MI-17 killing 35 SSGians on board ...MI-35 has everything that a special operation can demand for ...I jsut wish it must come sooner than said ...
when did Bugtis shoot down and MI-17?

No such event took place.

Why such a hush hush Urdu text?
Something that people here are reluctant to translate to their disadvantage/
No noble people in PDF?
Shame ha?
Or there is some hidden stuff that puts every Pakistani running for cover, as for as the shame is concerned?

Especially when mixed with Cobras and F-16s. For anti armor role we'd have to replace our cobras, hopefully with AH-1Z viper or T-129 ATAK. BTW We gave you 2 Hinds as a gift :sarcastic:

On this, I'd say that the AH-1Z is generally superior to the T-129.

Weren't you guys going to buy some Eurocopters and fit some rockets on them? What happened with those?

I have the recorded call of Bugti saying it via phone to media person ...It was posted on Zaid Hamid's FB page ...

I have a recorded call of Bugtis saying they shot down an alien ship while they were smoking weed in a mountain cave. It was later posted on the FB page of a man who wears a red topi. Enough said

Back
Top Bottom