What's new

Pakistan should replace F-16 with F-35 ?

Pakistant need to replace F16 with F35 by 2020?

• YES

Votes: 61 42.1%
  • NO

Votes: 84 57.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
to all my Indian admirers
dont loose the sleep over my post about %age of the PAK/FA program
I am sure it rocks
in the spirit of this glorious thread I just wanted to highlight the hidden gems of PAK/FA partnership.
I am sure I am not misunderstood
as far as being a Tink tank is concerned well I didnt know that it would mean that I cant post about PAK/FA program

Well we didn't mean that you couldn't post on PAK/FA, We just meant that you can't post baseless, senseless, insensible crap.

I wouldn't have bothered to reply if you weren't a so called "think tank".
May be it's due to our high regards to :pdf: that we expect logical answers from responsible people .... May be I'm wrong.:whistle:

the Mujra being outsourced to Indian Bollywood hotties

hey thats the spirit I was looking for. thanks for taking it lightly. as far as the thread title goes I guess we all should be forgiven for a bit of a laugh. thanks for your post

I was hoping to get banned for a while after that one. No breaks for me :smitten:

I was hoping to get banned for a while after that one. No breaks for me :smitten:

no one will ban you from this thread my dear
as ridiculous this thread is I had no option but to turn it a bit cheeky when someone threw the %ages at me

:) sorry if I hit the raw nerve of the Indians. they all had to remind me that I am a think tank

why not this one ????????

aaand.png

Lol:argh::lol::lol:

no one will ban you from this thread my dear
as ridiculous this thread is I had no option but to turn it a bit cheeky when someone threw the %ages at me

:) sorry if I hit the raw nerve of the Indians. they all had to remind me that I am a think tank

Pakistan was the second country who got F16 , why not F35? ????

Pakistan was the second country who got F16 , why not F35? ????

Because back then the main threat to the US was the communists sitting at our border and expanding their influence...back then the Indians were still a little tilted and a little dependent on the USSR.
Now the threat to the US is about 10% of your population.. plus the people we call our best friends are considered the next threat for the Americans.. and India is the best counterweight to them..at least in America's eyes..and most of the country is in turmoil..ipso facto.. you dont have much say in American opinion, and not too many charlie wilsons in congress.

26 October 2010

Is the F-35 becoming unaffordable due to reduced orders?

October 26: The UK Government’s stated intention to reduce its buy of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter is starting to have repercussions with other customers around the world.

The programme could be at risk of entering a financial ‘death spiral’, where increasing costs force customers to buy fewer aircraft, which in turn increases the unit cost to others, who then cut their numbers, yet again increasing the unit cost…ad infinitum.

For the UK, a major partner in the JSF programme, to consider cutting its buy from a projected 138 aircraft to perhaps just 50 has caused concern amongst potential customers around the world. Australia was the first to react, which has plans to buy up to 100 F-35s at an estimated cost of $16 billion (€11 billion). But with delays to the programme and spiralling costs, the Australian Strategic Policy Institute says that the British cuts would certainly cause ''some consternation'' within the Australian government. Andrew Davies from the Institute said ''It [will] cause some consternation that an important customer that has put $3.2 billion (€2.3 billion) up front, is now stepping back.”

More recently the Netherlands government has confirmed its intention to reduce its buy to below the 85 previously indicated, reports the Dutch newspaper Telegraaf. The report suggests that all parties in the coalition government “want the total number reduced or the order scrapped altogether”. A decision on whether to buy a second test aircraft is due to be made but has been deferred until costs have been clearly identified.

Even the programme in the US is not safe – DoDbuzz reports that the US Air Force is considering reducing its 1,763 order by up to 400 to release funds to buy 100 new long-range strike aircraft in the B-1/B-2 class. With production horizons already spreading out to 2034 and unit costs rising as a consequence of reduced orders, forcing a slowed pace of deliveries, the F-35 could be obsolescent before force levels are at their peak.

man grow up don't even think about f35 .cost of f35 is not reachable to you buy some f7 from china.

o come on guys why are you all being so nieve wether usa is going to sell it to pakistan or not or gift it to pakistan its some thing unworthy to debate unless the plane makes its official appearance and has been inducted into the usaf otherwise its only a concept plane or a prototype so why fight for something that dosent exists for now

o come on guys why are you all being so nieve wether usa is going to sell it to pakistan or not or gift it to pakistan its some thing unworthy to debate unless the plane makes its official appearance and has been inducted into the usaf otherwise its only a concept plane or a prototype so why fight for something that dosent exists for now

It is not concept plane , it will be inducted in USAF from 2013 .Israel will get in 2014. F35 will be inducted in top 9 World Air forces ( US,Israel,Turkey,Norway,Canada,Australia,UK Demark,Holland ) .

Last edited by a moderator:
26 October 2010

Is the F-35 becoming unaffordable due to reduced orders?

October 26: The UK Government’s stated intention to reduce its buy of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter is starting to have repercussions with other customers around the world.

The programme could be at risk of entering a financial ‘death spiral’, where increasing costs force customers to buy fewer aircraft, which in turn increases the unit cost to others, who then cut their numbers, yet again increasing the unit cost…ad infinitum.

For the UK, a major partner in the JSF programme, to consider cutting its buy from a projected 138 aircraft to perhaps just 50 has caused concern amongst potential customers around the world. Australia was the first to react, which has plans to buy up to 100 F-35s at an estimated cost of $16 billion (€11 billion). But with delays to the programme and spiralling costs, the Australian Strategic Policy Institute says that the British cuts would certainly cause ''some consternation'' within the Australian government. Andrew Davies from the Institute said ''It [will] cause some consternation that an important customer that has put $3.2 billion (€2.3 billion) up front, is now stepping back.”

More recently the Netherlands government has confirmed its intention to reduce its buy to below the 85 previously indicated, reports the Dutch newspaper Telegraaf. The report suggests that all parties in the coalition government “want the total number reduced or the order scrapped altogether”. A decision on whether to buy a second test aircraft is due to be made but has been deferred until costs have been clearly identified.

Even the programme in the US is not safe – DoDbuzz reports that the US Air Force is considering reducing its 1,763 order by up to 400 to release funds to buy 100 new long-range strike aircraft in the B-1/B-2 class. With production horizons already spreading out to 2034 and unit costs rising as a consequence of reduced orders, forcing a slowed pace of deliveries, the F-35 could be obsolescent before force levels are at their peak.

Agreed , it is expansive deal for countries not participated in Manufacturing phase but eight countries participated in development of F35 project will get billion of Dollars of contracts for F35 parts manufacturing .

United States has also given classified briefings to other countries interested in the F-35 fighter, including Greece and Belgium. Finland and Spain are also interested in the new warplane.

Singapore, Japan and South Korea are also considering buying the Lockheed F-35 fighter to modernize their air forces.

I guess F35 is the best plane for replacing F16 as juxtaposed to imaginary Chinese J-xx as of now..
Reason
1)You already have good exp with LM product
2)good relation ship with US
3)Non NATO ally badge

One draw back is economy ... which can be over come by doing some hard work and invest the money earned back on F-35

It is not concept plane , it will be inducted in USAF from 2013 .Israel will get in 2014. F35 will be inducted in top 9 World Air forces ( US,Israel,Turkey,Norway,Canada,Australia,UK Demark,Holland ) .

mark words "it will be" it is not yet in operational phase ...... who knows whats gona become of it unless and untill its really been aproved by the air forces mentioned by u i guess untill then its just a concept so why not weight for its real appearence

mark words "it will be" it is not yet in operational phase ...... who knows whats gona become of it unless and untill its really been aproved by the air forces mentioned by u i guess untill then its just a concept so why not weight for its real appearence

F35 will be in service in USAF from 2013 , PAF can decide to induct it or not after review of its performance of five years in 2018 .

F35 will be in service in USAF from 2013 , PAF can decide to induct it or not after review of its performance of five years in 2018 .

What if, mean while Indian navy inducts the Plane there will be no options left for you.

Already the navy has already ordered info about the F35.

What if, mean while Indian navy inducts the Plane there will be no options left for you.

Already the navy has already ordered info about the F35.

I think then China will start feeling heat and it may not be good for the region. If this happens ,it will be a message for China and Pakistan by US. This may only happen if US losses all stakes in Afghanistan otherwise a big no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom