What's new

Pakistan should replace F-16 with F-35 ?

Pakistant need to replace F16 with F35 by 2020?

• YES

Votes: 61 42.1%
  • NO

Votes: 84 57.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have given formula to buy F35 in my previous post .It will be long term investment for next 50 Years .

Brother why not wait for 5 to 10 years until the chinese come up with some good 5th generation fighter rather than putting a 50 years investment under the americans (sanctions prone , they never give you tot) , and by the way by that time they would be flying 7th generation fighters.

Even if the americans agree on giving f-35's to pakistan , by what time do you think the deliveries could start , it would be a long time .............:no:

Brother why not wait for 5 to 10 years until the chinese come up with some good 5th generation fighter rather than putting a 50 years investment under the americans (sanctions prone , they never give you tot) , and by the way by that time they would be flying 7th generation fighters.

Even if the americans agree on giving f-35's to pakistan , by what time do you think the deliveries could start , it would be a long time .............:no:

Chinies canot develop 5th generation Fighter alone, their are dependent on Russian technology .

We have only two options for 5th generation fighters T-50 or F35 .

Chinies canot develop 5th generation Fighter alone, their are dependent on Russian technology .

Good luck getting the PAK-FA. Can't help but wonder what the Indians would do.

I want to kown why do you believe Chinese can't develop 5th'g fighter alone?
But i'm sure you know little about Chinese Aviation industry.I can surely tell you that:Chinese 5th'g fighter is more better than PAK-FA.Russia used to gave much help in our Aviation industry,but now,we beyond it.not for Russia's ability,just for less of money.

give you some link below to know how it is.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/3218-j-10-fc-20-mrca-193.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/3218-j-10-fc-20-mrca-196.html

:hitwall:__:hitwall:__:hitwall:

I give up! you win! lets go for f-35, we'll be able to get like 5 if we're lucky. and as for T-50, it's Indian and Russian!

btw.. China has made the jf-17, j-10, j-11....so what makes you think they can't make a fifth gen???

WHat makes you think pakistan gonna get T-50 :rofl:........common man grow up.....get some knowlwdge..........

I want to kown why do you believe Chinese can't develop 5th'g fighter alone?
But i'm sure you know little about Chinese Aviation industry.I can surely tell you that:Chinese 5th'g fighter is more better than PAK-FA.Russia used to gave much help in our Aviation industry,but now,we beyond it.not for Russia's ability,just for less of money.

give you some link below to know how it is.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/3218-j-10-fc-20-mrca-193.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/3218-j-10-fc-20-mrca-196.html

maybe someone released wrong information on purpose in order to misdirect the netspy.let's be honest ,we can't be sure of most these guy's assertion ,all we know about J-XX project is based on deputy commander 's interview and the technology being used on J10,JF17,and there are so many unpredictable risks ahead of road,china's aviation industry is still very weak especially when compared to traditional aviation powers ,so it's very understandable that some pakistani and chinese would question the capability of AVIC.we should keep learning experiences from U.S ,russia and remain modest and prudent

Last edited:
Muhammad Yahya come on yaar.You're being too unrealistic.Our next stealth fighter will most likely by Chinese or could be American depending on strategic relations at that time bust most likely Chinese.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
No comparable radars, no comparable engines, nowhere near in aerodynamics and countless other things.

I definitely wanna suggest you that you should never under estimate China .... country of that stature has a history of surprising the world.
( Ex - shouting down the satellite )

And I really appreciate their attitude for being modest and being quiet until they get accomplished.

I definitely wanna suggest you that you should never under estimate China .... country of that stature has a history of surprising the world.
( Ex - shouting down the satellite )

And I really appreciate their attitude for being modest and being quiet until they get accomplished.

That's something we have to learn from them. Our babus can hardly keep a secret.

M. Yahyah has a very valid point, which every Pakistani on this forum has ridiculed and Failed to understand what he has been trying to convey and termed it as day dreaming. No dount Pakistan Lacks visonary and generals with balls of steel, Yahyah has atleast a Vision and deserves respect not a@@ kicking by fellow self-doubting Pakistanis:

My few cents on the Topic:

1) Yahyah is absolutely correct that F-16s as a platform are ageing fast. And its evident as a Platform F-16 does not have much scope for upgradation, so it needs to be replaced not to be bought in Bulk.

2) This so called "War on Terror" is one profound opportunity for Pakistan to fill its Kitty with the latest tech, rather than sulk with outdated Block 52s and other Junk from unreliable sources and suppliers, and feel proud with junkie material and have long discussion about cheap junk acquired by comparing it with neighbors mighty SU-30MKIs, MIG-29 SMTs, Mirage-2000 Mk-2,FGFA, MMRCA etc. To further the assertion, I would say that Pakistan today has more that enough BARGAIN power to become part of F-35 program (if your lazy, corrupt generals grow some telescopic Balls), and I am sure US can not block supply of F-35 to PAF at a discounted and affordable rates. Pakistan has done a lot on WOT and its payback time in KIND, as any AID in Dollar terms will be eaten by your corrupt Generals and Politicians, better get Latest tech. and I don't think geting F-35s is impossible. Yahyah is correct in his assertions.

3) To be honest about relying on Chinese reverse engineering capabilities will be one of the Biggest mistakes, as it is evident that Chinese have failed miserably to produce high tech. units and have required Russian and Other western assistance, which is again unreliable in context to China. There is such a Big hue and Cry about JF-17s amongst Pakistanis in this forum, which is too low grade an A/C to be called 4th generation and even PAAF does not even want to induct it. Chinese are heavly dependent on RUSSIAN tech. and engineers, this will increase in the future as China is unable to even produce a workable engine (even after reverse engineering). Yahyah is again correct at opting for F-35 which is a possibility, rather than waiting for something like J-XX, looking at Chinese capabilities of its aviation Industry is next to impossible, probably Chinese will go for PAK-FA as they themselves have bought SU-30s, SU-27s from Russia and sold JF-17s to Pakistan,"Mother of all Ironies". So this J-XX will have the same fate as JF-17s. This is the correct time for Pakistan to gain an upper-hand and push for F-35s and F-15 Silent Eagle (at discounted prices).

4) Lastly, Pakistan has been getting free gifts from USA, its a fact which majority Pakistanis like to honeysweep! BUT I think Yahyah realizes this fact/opportunity and asserts on attaining best for Pakistan, only if Corrupt sold out generals are replaced by visionaries, would make it possible. F-35 is not a distant dream for Pakistan, but an impossible dream due to its military's attitude. Yahyah is correct when he says Pakistan can acquire these technologies if it wants, of-course they should be free as Pakistan has already Payed a lot! Atleast Yahyah has a vision and logic to support it!
:tup:

Last edited:
1) Yahyah is absolutely correct that F-16s as a platform are ageing fast. And its evident as a Platform F-16 does not have much scope for upgradation, so it needs to be replaced not to be bought in Bulk.

2) This so called "War on Terror" is one profound opportunity for Pakistan to fill its Kitty with the latest tech, rather than sulk with outdated Block 52s and other Junk from unreliable sources and suppliers, and feel proud with junkie material and have long discussion about cheap junk acquired by comparing it with neighbors mighty SU-30MKIs, MIG-29 SMTs, Mirage-2000 Mk-2,FGFA, MMRCA etc. To further the assertion, I would say that Pakistan today has more that enough BARGAIN power to become part of F-35 program (if your lazy, corrupt generals grow some telescopic Balls), and I am sure US can not block supply of F-35 to PAF at a discounted and affordable rates. Pakistan has done a lot on WOT and its payback time in KIND, as any AID in Dollar terms will be eaten by your corrupt Generals and Politicians, better get Latest tech. and I don't think geting F-35s is impossible. Yahyah is correct in his assertions.

3) To be honest about relying on Chinese reverse engineering capabilities will be one of the Biggest mistakes, as it is evident that Chinese have failed miserably to produce high tech. units and have required Russian and Other western assistance, which is again unreliable in context to China. There is such a Big hue and Cry about JF-17s amongst Pakistanis in this forum, which is too low grade an A/C to be called 4th generation and even PAAF does not even want to induct it. Chinese are heavly dependent on RUSSIAN tech. and engineers, this will increase in the future as China is unable to even produce a workable engine (even after reverse engineering). Yahyah is again correct at opting for F-35 which is a possibility, rather than waiting for something like J-XX, looking at Chinese capabilities of its aviation Industry is next to impossible, probably Chinese will go for PAK-FA as they themselves have bought SU-30s, SU-27s from Russia and sold JF-17s to Pakistan,"Mother of all Ironies". So this J-XX will have the same fate as JF-17s. This is the correct time for Pakistan to gain an upper-hand and push for F-35s and F-15 Silent Eagle (at discounted prices).

4) Lastly, Pakistan has been getting free gifts from USA, its a fact which majority Pakistanis like to honeysweep! BUT I think Yahyah realizes this fact/opportunity and asserts on attaining best for Pakistan, only if Corrupt sold out generals are replaced by visionaries, would make it possible. F-35 is not a distant dream for Pakistan, but an impossible dream due to its military's attitude. Yahyah is correct when he says Pakistan can acquire these technologies if it wants, of-course they should be free as Pakistan has already Payed a lot! Atleast Yahyah has a vision and logic to support it!
:tup:

1)f-16 is to be the last American plane we buy, upgrading them from block 52 is pretty hard and useless.

2) ahh yes the mighty su-30, the mig-29SMTs, the FGFA (still under development) and the MMRCA (not even decided yet).

Just one of those planes could level our whole airforce. :bounce:

3)Chinese were very heavily dependant on Russian tech. they are pretty much self sufficient now.

the jf-17 is a 4th gen fighter!!! with AESA, IRST, a better ECM/EW suite your looking at a 4++ and 4.5gen fighter. remember its capabilities are comparable to an f-16 block 40 and the last time I checked the f-16 BLOCK 40 registered as a 4th gen fighter. So if you don't like the jf-17 (seems normal; an anti-Pakistani allergic reaction)
what do you think of the j-10 which PLAAF war games defeated the su-27s?

4) F-35 is not operational with any country yet. only orders from Israel and the US have been confirmed. It's still under development. Even if we get it after 2020 it will come at a great cost and sanctions are a threat, strings attached and no possibility of ToT.

J-XX seems the wisest most realistic option. :pakistan::china:

the jf-17 is a 4th gen fighter!!! with AESA, IRST, a better ECM/EW suite your looking at a 4++ and 4.5gen fighter. remember its capabilities are comparable to an f-16 block 40 and the last time I checked the f-16 BLOCK 40 registered as a 4th gen fighter. So if you don't like the jf-17 (seems normal; an anti-Pakistani allergic reaction)

OK, so where is this 4/4+/4++ gen jf-17?

OK, so where is this 4/4+/4++ gen jf-17?

:rofl: the jf-17 block is a 4th gen fighter plz get rid of this mentality the jf-17 is superior to f-16 A/B so it more than qualifies for a 4th gen fighter and with upgrades such as AESA, IRST, a better ECM and EW suite you would be looking at a 4+/4.5gen fighter.

plz o to the jf-17 thread it will help you leanr more about the 4th gen jf-17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom