What's new

Pakistan Seeks To Energize Naval Modernization

government should also take some serious steps to counter india's missile threat and reduce gaps as they have ABM with range of 2000km

12011124_1633469203608929_7529883326726059115_n.png

Nice thread !! @Muhammad Omar
I would like to put some more points inhere.
1. some say " pakistan should concentrate on submarine power"
Yes its good idea.Submarines can deliver power punch to enemy ship.But one thing if it is detected..its a dead fish
2.One should balance their inventory equaly..like I said about subs..you should have some frigates / corvetts and petty number of destroyers..I say it because. if your enemy has tough ASW with him , then there is no mean to kick him with sub.Its a suicidal mission.And beware about enemy subs too.
And one should have best naval aviation because its not a good idea to divert Air force from main battle to attack enemy ships.just have naval fighters dedicated to navy and let them do job.
PN has P3 orions..Am I right? It will be out to hunt enemy subs but who will protect her from enemy naval aviation?
Ans is naval aviation wing.
Now some say we have few cruise misiles which can fired from coastal areas to target enemy floatilas..
Good but what about counter measures on ship(many navies have counter hostile missile systems EG:barak)
Pakistan may take help of chinese satelites to guide her cruise missile towards target..its ok.
All I say is don't be totaly dependent on subs ...you have equal number of surface assests which you can have planing how much u need.
Sorry if any one offended by tis post.
Regards

What an ironical statement!!!:P
I have a question.
Why don't you divide your defence budget equal among navy , AF and army?
I have seen many times Army gets lion share and navy is neglected.

I have a question.
Why don't you divide your defence budget equal among navy , AF and army?
I have seen many times Army gets lion share and navy is neglected.
Naval warships can't travel on land to capture the Prime Minister's House and Parliament unlike Army trucks.:p:

Naval warships can't travel on land to capture the Prime Minister's House and Parliament unlike Army trucks.:p:
But they can save karachi and gwadar from mis adventure of baniya navy.

Nice thread !! @Muhammad Omar
I would like to put some more points inhere.
1. some say " pakistan should concentrate on submarine power"
Yes its good idea.Submarines can deliver power punch to enemy ship.But one thing if it is detected..its a dead fish
2.One should balance their inventory equaly..like I said about subs..you should have some frigates / corvetts and petty number of destroyers..I say it because. if your enemy has tough ASW with him , then there is no mean to kick him with sub.Its a suicidal mission.And beware about enemy subs too.
And one should have best naval aviation because its not a good idea to divert Air force from main battle to attack enemy ships.just have naval fighters dedicated to navy and let them do job.
PN has P3 orions..Am I right? It will be out to hunt enemy subs but who will protect her from enemy naval aviation?
Ans is naval aviation wing.
Now some say we have few cruise misiles which can fired from coastal areas to target enemy floatilas..
Good but what about counter measures on ship(many navies have counter hostile missile systems EG:barak)
Pakistan may take help of chinese satelites to guide her cruise missile towards target..its ok.
All I say is don't be totaly dependent on subs ...you have equal number of surface assests which you can have planing how much u need.
Sorry if any one offended by tis post.
Regards

Totally agree with you... Pakistan surely need Frigates Corvettes Destroyers and Above All naval Wing (Air Support)

but the Budget Navy gets is the Lowest As the Economy Improves And Budget increases sure Navy will get these... And Navy also Wanted 40-50 JF-17 For Naval support.. But I think Navy should have go for J-11D or If If Lucky Su-35

Totally agree with you... Pakistan surely need Frigates Corvettes Destroyers and Above All naval Wing (Air Support)

but the Budget Navy gets is the Lowest As the Economy Improves And Budget increases sure Navy will get these... And Navy also Wanted 40-50 JF-17 For Naval support.. But I think Navy should have go for J-11D or If If Lucky Su-35
I think su-35 won't be suitable one for naval versions.
You have a look at chinese " Sea shark"

Your thinking doesn't matter... at all !
We need SU35 anyway to know about its strengths and weaknesses, same as US used India to learn about SU-27.

and why it's not Suitable for Naval Wing?

It has range of 3600 KM.... enough to protect our sea limit...
it can counter Indian MiG-29
Su-35 will be an ideal platform to not only defend Karachi, Port Qasim and Gwadar but also be able to effectively support our naval formations and take care of the Indian CBG problem
it'll provide us the capability which JF-17 and F-16 can't

2 Squad of Su-35 with JF-17 as a support role is best thing

As the Economy Improves PAF will also look to acquire these for now it'll be best for Navy wing

Your thinking doesn't matter... at all !
We need SU35 anyway to know about its strengths and weaknesses, same as US used India to learn about SU-27.
I say about naval air arm.
PAF does need su-35 because aircrafts in PAF inventory are single engine jets which are not reliable for deep strike in enemy lands.
When its comes to PN double engine means more fuel consumption.
Now tell me how many aircrafts does PN will have ( let say pn has su-35..now) nearly 40-50?
Depending upon your answer I will tell you what gonna happen.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom