What's new

‘Pakistan schools teach Hindu hatred’

Status
Not open for further replies.
search & read abt muslim league, muslim league managed few seats even in muslim majority areas in 1937 elections.

OW! Then you need to search muslim league .....

why is that, a thread always that says about hatread is opened and then all stake holders come and vomit the venom in them. I wish to see a day when PDF does not have such threads fueled by angry, irrational INDIANS & PAKISTANIS. / HINDS & MUSLIMS / etc.

That's not true. I suggest you read Nehru Report again, & the response of the 14 points of Jinnah (which was refused by Congress). The difference between the two (Nehru Report & the 14 points) highlighted the political gap of Hindus & Muslims in India, & triggered Jinnah to revitalize the Muslim League, & abandon the Congress.

as i said earlier it was just assumptions by muslims, muslim league too rejected nehru report based on assumptions. nehru was trying to separate religion from state & Jinnah was trying reverse.

as i said earlier it was just assumptions by muslims, muslim league too rejected nehru report based on assumptions. nehru was trying to separate religion from state & Jinnah was trying reverse.

still Jinnah was right....

Wrong. It had nothing to do with religion. Jinnah was a secular man. The main summary of Jinnah's 14 points was that ‘any future constitution should be federal with the power resting with the provinces.’ Jinnah wanted a weak center and strong provincial rights. Nehru wanted the opposite. The Hindu Mahasbha’s leader called Jinnah's 14 points anti-national. The Muslims were quite a small number in comparison to the Hindus, & Jinnah feared for the political future of Indian Muslims. This was the main fundamental difference between Jinnah & Congress, but there were many other differences as well.

Wrong. It had nothing to do with religion. Jinnah was a secular man. The main summary of Jinnah's 14 points was that ‘any future constitution should be federal with the power resting with the provinces.’ Jinnah wanted a weak center and strong provincial rights. Nehru wanted the opposite. The Hindu Mahasbha’s leader called Jinnah's 14 points anti-national. The Muslims were quite a small number in comparison to the Hindus, & Jinnah feared for the political future of Indian Muslims. This was the main fundamental difference between Jinnah & Congress, but there were many other differences as well.
exactly, the bold part is corrct to my knowledge

The people who were poor, who couldn't even make it to East Pakistan (forget West Pakistan), or were influenced by Dar Uloom Deoband, or had some other circumstance (business, marriage) stayed back. The people that had resources to make the journey made the journey. Most Muslims in India were unfortunately pretty uneducated & backward for the most part, but when the elites/'cream of the communities' left UP, Bihar; it really left these states reeling, & the effects are still felt in UP, Bihar & Jharkhand today. My father was born in Ranchi, Jharkhand; my mother was born & raised in Patna, Bihar; & I had extended family in Amroha & Lucknow, UP; so I know exactly what happened in these 3 states. Most people from Bihar went to East Pakistan in 1947 & later, others from UP took the train to Mumbai, & came by ship. One needed to have ample resources to make the migration from such distances, it wasn't like Punjab where you had to travel 30-50 miles. Pakistan wasn't originally formed in the name of religion.

That is what you are told and that is what you will believe. A total of 10 million people tried to move from both sides to their respective other side. It is estimated that about of the 10 million people 1 million people were killed, 75,000 women abducted, raped or killed. and many children went missing. Also it is known that 30 Million Muslims did not make the journey from today's India to Pakistan.
If we consider that about 4.5 Million people landed in Pakistan from current India, we are looking at a ratio of 4.5/30 to the people who travelled to the ones who stayed back.

And that is the ratio of 1 : 6.667 in favour of those who stayed back.

jinnah wanted a weak center and strong provincial rights so that muslims could strongly control Muslim majority areas which is against secularism. jinnah was not secular at all. he always wanted special status for muslims & these kind of things do not work in secular environment. plus jinnah never talked abt strong rights for provinces after Pakistan was made & pakistan also never gave strong rights to any province, infact pakistan has history of abolishing provinces. this shows that jinnah demands in respect to nehru report were just excuses.

i have read all these books and i have not read a single word against Hindus and minorities ...... give me any reference of particular book ? :coffee:

exactly, the bold part is corrct to my knowledge

I believe the Congress didn't want to have strong provincial rights because they feared separatist movements in the future in united India. Which is why they wanted a strong center. Jinnah wanted to have very strong provincial rights, similar to the autonomous regions in Spain (Basque country, Catalonia, Galicia, Canary Islands etc). Jinnah feared that because the Hindus were sooo much more than Muslims, if the Muslims did not get strong provincial rights in Muslim majority areas, their political & social future in India would be bleak.

jinnah wanted a weak center and strong provincial rights so that muslims could strongly control Muslim majority areas which is against secularism. jinnah was not secular at all.

How is that against secularism?

he always wanted special status for muslims & these kind of things do not work in secular environment.

He wanted strong provinces. Muslim majority provinces would have strong provincial rights. Similarly, Hindu majority provinces would also have strong provincial rights. It has nothing to do with secularism. Spain has the same model today, their country is divided into autonomous regions not controlled by Madrid, but their country is secular.

plus jinnah never talked abt strong rights for provinces after Pakistan was made & pakistan also never gave strong rights to any province, infact pakistan has history of abolishing provinces. this shows that jinnah demands in respect to nehru report were just excuses.

Jinnah passed away right after Pakistan was created. And right after 1947, Kashmir happened. Jinnah didn't have time to set the house in order, & passed away too quickly after Pakistan was created. Jinnah always wanted a weak center & strong provinces for Pakistan. Your knowledge is very limited on the subject, so please, don't sprout off your misconceptions here.

That is what you are told and that is what you will believe. A total of 10 million people tried to move from both sides to their respective other side. It is estimated that about of the 10 million people 1 million people were killed, 75,000 women abducted, raped or killed. and many children went missing. Also it is known that 30 Million Muslims did not make the journey from today's India to Pakistan.
If we consider that about 4.5 Million people landed in Pakistan from current India, we are looking at a ratio of 4.5/30 to the people who travelled to the ones who stayed back.

And that is the ratio of 1 : 6.667 in favour of those who stayed back.

I know the story first hand, because my grandmother (mom's mom, & her siblings) & grandfather stayed back in India. My mother was born & raised in India. My dad came to Pakistan with his family when he was a kid.

As I said, most of the people that had the resources to make the journey either made the journey to East Pakistan, or went to West Pakistan. Most of the Muslim population at the time of independence in UP, Bihar was backward, the rich & the progressives left the states for East/West Pakistan, whereas these states are left with the most backward Muslims today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom