What's new

Pakistan received 5 more F-16s

erm India can buy 128 F16-in or F18 ANY DAY. First of all they will be much better than these we are getting plus 3 times the quantity we have. Sad but a truth.

I am just too sick of these air crafts. Only if our economy is right we can order Gripen or Typhoon or Rafael in huge numbers. I mean 150+ not the meager 3 or 4 or 18.

Jf-17 has more respect than f16s in my eyes.

Had it been so easy they would have got those. They are still in process of evaluation and selection. They will not buy all whatever is available, at the end of day day have to maintain it and train pilots and technical staff for it so they would prefer one. If I have money in my pocket and people are willing to sell me goods that does not mean I have those things, I will have those only when I spend money and bring them home. So relax, concerned people know what, when and how they will initiate their move.

erm India can buy 128 F16-in or F18 ANY DAY. First of all they will be much better than these we are getting plus 3 times the quantity we have. Sad but a truth.

I am just too sick of these air crafts. Only if our economy is right we can order Gripen or Typhoon or Rafael in huge numbers. I mean 150+ not the meager 3 or 4 or 18.

Jf-17 has more respect than f16s in my eyes.

And can i know the reason that you respect JF 17 more than F 16's??..look mate F16 has served PAF fom 1982 whereas thisJF17 is just an infant.F16 has proven itself with every counrtry and has stood on every time for PAF either 1999,swat,waziristan etc....Though JF 17 is Pakistan's own craft but sill it has to prove itself.

jf-17,s biggest advantage to us is complete transfer of technology and also we can modify them according to our needs , easy to mantain and cheap toobuy ...
f-16 is reliable nad war tested but jf-17 suits PAF more .....for me money that has been spent to buy f-16 should have been invested in jf-17 program.... this would have gone a long way....

i would really like to see jf-17 with improved engine and avionics.................
hope in future it will prove itself worthy to be admired ...............

US hands over three more F-16 aircraft

WASIM IQBAL

ISLAMABAD (October 31, 2010) : US Administration handed over three more F-16 Block-52 fighter jets, which entered in Pakistan territory on Saturday flying by Pakistani pilots. These three state-of-the-art F-16 aircraft would be inducted at the newly upgraded base in Jacobabad. Pakistan is the second country after Israel to get these aircraft from the US, according to officials of Pakistan Air Force.

According to Pak-US agreement, it had been decided that in the first phase, US would hand over 3 F-16 Block C fighter jets to Pakistan, whereas in the second phase five F-16 Block 52 C fighter jets would be handed over within one and a half months. While overall a total of 18 fighter jets would be inducted in the PAF fleet by the end of this year.

After the induction of eighteen F-16 Block-52 Jets the PAF fleet of F-16s would swell to 63. Pakistani officials said that discussion with US authorities is going on for another fourteen F16 Block 52 C jets and they were optimistic of delivery of these jets.

These fighter planes would be kept at Shahbaz Airbase, which had been turned into a formal operation base, and Pakistan would utilise these planes for its operational objectives, they maintained. It has been learnt that the fighter jets are equipped with modern technology and Pakistani pilots have got special training from US to fly these planes. The planes are also equipped with BVR missile and electronic jammers, laser guided bombs and night attack.

General News - Pakistan - US hands over three more F-16 aircraft

Hi Mr. Rehan Niazi, I share your sentiments, I would prefer that these funds be plowed into the JF-17 or repaying Pakistan's foreign debt. I personally believe the F-16s are sanction prone, and can only be used at the will of the US. The JF-17 will mature over time and hopefully will evolve into a potent bird. However, there is quite some work to be done. Take care.

and you're wrong ANG.It has been stated several times before by PAF Chief that F16's can be used against anyone.I think he is more credible then a bunch of JF17 Fanboys.JF-17 is a ongoing program where as F16 is stop gap measure until we get J10 because until then we cannot keep our air space BVR less and exposed.R&D takes time you people talk as if JF 17 will become stealthy tomorrow.

Pak receives three US F-16 aircrafts

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan on Saturday received three new F-16 aircrafts from the US as part of 18 such fighter jets scheduled to reach the country by December.

The jets landed at the Shahbaz Airbase of Pakistan Air Force (PAF) in southwestern Jacobabad city, media reports said.

It was initially reported that five F-16s will reach Pakistan in this consignment but only three arrived Saturday.

Senior officials of PAF were present at the airbase on the arrival of these aircraft.

Three other aircraft reached Pakistan in June as part of the consignment, while the remaining would be handed over by the end of December. Pakistani pilots were trained by the US Air Force prior to the handing over and they flew the aircraft in the Pakistani airspace.

A PAF spokesman said: 'Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman has congratulated the Pakistani nation on enhanced strength of its fighter jets' fleet.'

Sources said the arrival of these five F-16 jets was scheduled for September 2010 but was delayed due to floods in August and September. The Shahbaz Airbase was partially inundated during the floods that wreaked havoc across Pakistan, leaving over 1,800 dead and over 20 million homeless.

The government of former Pakistan president Gen. (Retd.) Pervez Musharraf had struck a deal with the US for the purchase of 24 refurbished F-16 aircrafts to enhance air warfare capacity of the country. The new government, after taking charge in 2008, decided to buy 18 additional new block-52 fighter jets.

http://geo.tv/10-31-2010/73640.htm

Hi, I do not want to derail this thread so, I will post this last comment. I never said the JF-17 is the final panacea of all problems for the PAF. My personal opinion is it is a more viable option than the F-16. The F-16 is sanction prone. Pakistan does not have the infrastructure to support the F-16s on its own.

Moreover, spending $3+Billion on a bunch of planes, when the country is close to debt default, has no law and order, and flood victims are starving is a bit stupid. However, my personal opinion only. Take care.

Hi, I do not want to derail this thread so, I will post this last comment. I never said the JF-17 is the final panacea of all problems for the PAF. My personal opinion is it is a more viable option than the F-16. The F-16 is sanction prone. Pakistan does not have the infrastructure to support the F-16s on its own.

Moreover, spending $3+Billion on a bunch of planes, when the country is close to debt default, has no law and order, and flood victims are starving is a bit stupid. However, my personal opinion only. Take care.

You are right that that F-16 is sanction prone but this is the best thing that was available in this cost and period. As far as JF-17 is concerned it is not yet available in numbers and will take some time. Moreover few integrations are still pending (may be those have been done by now). Once we have J-10s, JF-17s in numbers and at that time sanctions on F-16 will not have much of affect.

Still one question..Where are CFT's,is PAf really gonna have them or not?

PAF Chief has repeatedly said CFT's are here but won't be installed unless Plane is on a special mission because they create a lot of drag and affect maneuverability of Jet. :)

SURB.

Says 63 F16s + 14 MORE IF ORDERED = 77 ARE Enough.

Don,t know what he means Enough to Gurantee Safe Pak AIR SPACE or enough of a INVESTMENT in a sanction threaten aero plane.

USA will not resupply PAF in a WAR against India that is a FACT.

So SURB could be correct in future much hard to come by funds should go on J10 which will be resuppled in war and be sanction free

Do we have any videos on the new vipers?

Had it been so easy they would have got those. They are still in process of evaluation and selection. They will not buy all whatever is available, at the end of day day have to maintain it and train pilots and technical staff for it so they would prefer one. If I have money in my pocket and people are willing to sell me goods that does not mean I have those things, I will have those only when I spend money and bring them home. So relax, concerned people know what, when and how they will initiate their move.

Concern people don't have a lot of choices do they.

I don't care how well F16 has served PAF or how mature it is. This every day news of we getting some 2 or 3 F16s look like a joke when our adversary is inducting aircraft in hundreds.

We are not doing anything in the right direction i.e. to improve our economy generate wealth and then buy properly.

Of course i am happy with the PAF modernization that's been going on (with whatever we have) but we are still 10 to 20 yrs slow as compared to the entire world. This is because we are not addressing the right problem.

The problem with us is that we have comfortably started to think that the world is not willing to sell us. You are just ignoring the sad reality than we don't have the money to buy in the first place. If we give full money to France see how easily they will give us 200 Rafaels. No body would mind a 15 billion injection in their economy. Not Russia, France or Sweden to say the least.

Hopefully we will hear some news of Pak forex reserves surging 50 billion. Some day....of course then you can see the nice new shiny jets in our fleets too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom