What's new

Pakistan received 5 more F-16s

i believe pakistan should not accept these cosmetic f-16's from US
it would be better if it asks for the aid money and build its society
and the things which pakistan develops with china gains much respect than this aid from US
my 2 cents

and the things which pakistan develops with china gains much respect than this aid from US
my 2 cents

Agreed ..Partially...Pakistan should spend this money on Research and Development of Military technology with China and probably other countries,such as Turkey..Instead of paying USA.

my 2 cents

These vipers are paid for from our pocket they are not from any sort of aid please get it right ...:coffee:

Concern people don't have a lot of choices do they.

Because everyone would rightly eye 126 planes than 40 odd

I don't care how well F16 has served PAF or how mature it is. This every day news of we getting some 2 or 3 F16s look like a joke when our adversary is inducting aircraft in hundreds.

We will have 18 by end of year.

We are not doing anything in the right direction i.e. to improve our economy generate wealth and then buy properly.

This is major problem. very rightly identified.

Of course i am happy with the PAF modernization that's been going on (with whatever we have) but we are still 10 to 20 yrs slow as compared to the entire world. This is because we are not addressing the right problem.

Yes we lost lot of time but definitely we are heading in right direction considering whatever available options. Yes we did not do enough when we could have done something.

The problem with us is that we have comfortably started to think that the world is not willing to sell us. You are just ignoring the sad reality than we don't have the money to buy in the first place. If we give full money to France see how easily they will give us 200 Rafaels. No body would mind a 15 billion injection in their economy. Not Russia, France or Sweden to say the least.

If we don't have 15 billion to offer why someone should be willing to sell us.

Hopefully we will hear some news of Pak forex reserves surging 50 billion. Some day....of course then you can see the nice new shiny jets in our fleets too.
:woot::woot::woot:

Agreed ..Partially...Pakistan should spend this money on Research and Development of Military technology with China and probably other countries,such as Turkey..Instead of paying USA.

paf already working on diferents projects and inshallah 2012-13 you will b heare good news:pakistan:

Pakistan should buy gripen NG, they should not waste any more money on F 16 watever block.. It is a good fighter without raising any doubts but Pakistan needs new supplier and who behaves properly.. China is one, and i guess sweden can be another..

Pakistan should get every plane that they can get their hand on... Reverse Engineer.. Come up with their own designs and improvements... Setup industry so that we can be self sufficient in the production of weapons... be it avionics or precision weapons etc... If we have to buy planes we should also buy technology... Look at Turkey... they actually build F16s... but we should not stop there and come up with out own designs... improve on what we have to a much greater degree... We should have many more facilities like the one we have in Kamra also...

Pakistan should buy gripen NG, they should not waste any more money on F 16 watever block.. It is a good fighter without raising any doubts but Pakistan needs new supplier and who behaves properly.. China is one, and i guess sweden can be another..

Very true and agreed but the grippen also has american parts... and thats why PAF stayed away from it i belive it was tested by our PAF team some time back but again the question of american parts bring the drama so no grippen for us.:coffee:

Last edited:
Hi, more importantly the Griphen has a US engine... a no go. Take care.

Back
Top Bottom