What's new

Pakistan ready to hand Arabian Sea port to China

Here check out one of the Indian Port out of many and who is operating what in that port:

Chennai Port - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, if someone is operating the port or certain part of it means, giving up its sovereignty, well then Including India, lot of countries have given up their sovereignty.

And hopefully by the above example, members may understand what are port operations and how it is handled.

Below is DP World profile and see where they operate and which ports and what sections in those ports:

DP World - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Long live Pak china friendship:pakistan::china: yet another milestone in our brotherhood relation

Let the foxes talk they have nothing better to do l i sometimes wonder why are they soo skinnk and black now i know they get jealous alot:P

sirjee - he is our angraiz - f/bokhari!!!

Sir jee. working for foreign newswires has benefits in terms of salary but also some damages including "once you send them the story its theirs and they have right to edit it and add their own comments and words according to their policy".

Baas? Now that the hysteria has been drained out and nothing is being "handed over" to Chinese company except management of the port - lets please discuss those $3 trillion of minerals in Afghanistan, and Iranian and Turkomen gas -- and the project to deliver Qatari gas to Pakistan and India, and beyond -- there is an entire architecture awaiting to be financed and built and wealth created -- right??? Indian friends will want a piece of the action and why not - so what has to be done to get there? lets resolve kashmir, the non-asian powers will not be able to play divide and rule - and we have our own ambitions for our peoples -- MMS says India needs to invest 5 trillion US$ in infrastructure, why not, that's just the beginning -- but it's difficult, so difficult to secure investment with out peace and what use of a port without peace to bring in business??

Lets resolve kashmir and move on to making money

Baas? Now that the hysteria has been drained out and nothing is being "handed over" to Chinese company except management of the port - lets please discuss those $3 trillion of minerals in Afghanistan, and Iranian and Turkomen gas -- and the project to deliver Qatari gas to Pakistan and India, and beyond -- there is an entire architecture awaiting to be financed and built and wealth created -- right??? Indian friends will want a piece of the action and why not - so what has to be done to get there? lets resolve kashmir, the non-asian powers will not be able to play divide and rule - and we have our own ambitions for our peoples -- MMS says India needs to invest 5 trillion US$ in infrastructure, why not, that's just the beginning -- but it's difficult, so difficult to secure investment with out peace and what use of a port without peace to bring in business??

If i am not wrong. In the recent past there had been some statements saying India can also benefit from Gawadr port in terms of trade.

So i hope Indians come out of Pakistan phobia and put their eggs in right baskets

I think we are needlessly bringing in Kashmir into everything. Kashmir is a complex issue. By bringing Kashmir into everything, we are making everything complex.

ALso, port management is not the point here. Its the regular access that the CHinese naval vessels may get is what that may make India uncomfortable.

But, as I said earlier, Pakistan has everyright to do in its own interest. INdia will now have to rejig its naval plans and may have to increase patrolling and/or buy additional military systems to increase deterrence levels.

Chinese warships going past by India on a regular basis does not give a good feeling.

Yes kashmir is complex but no that complex that it cannot be solved.

And look at the net effect, everywhere you have Pakistanis asking you to resolve this problem, everywhere you seek to avoid resolving it --- No resolve kashmir, no can do business, savee?

. Its the regular access that the CHinese naval vessels may get is what that may make India uncomfortabl

IN thinks it own the seas and oceans? that's news to me - any way, India are very rich and can spend more money on the equipment they feel they need -- would peace cost less?? You know it would, just the opportunity costs -- well for Indian friends to contemplate.

Chinese companies will also manage ports in lanka, you think you're uncomfortable now?

But with peaceful relations no need to feel uncomfortable, IN docks, sailors drink and do what ever else sailors do in ports and back to work - all mundane normal stuff, but for all that you need peace. Psychology is such an over powering aspect, I am developing an appreciation for it almost by the second.

Yes kashmir is complex but no that complex that it cannot be solved.

Accepted, but may take time. Lets move forward on other aspects and let Kashmir not bind our two countries down.

And look at the net effect, everywhere you have Pakistanis asking you to resolve this problem, everywhere you seek to avoid resolving it --- No resolve kashmir, no can do business, savee?

Though India-China dynamics not same as Indo-Pak, but we can implement the same here. Increase trade and lets bilaterally keep talking on Kashmir too. God willing, we will reach a solution.

. Its the regular access that the CHinese naval vessels may get is what that may make India uncomfortabl

IN thinks it own the seas and oceans? that's news to me - any way, India are very rich and can spend more money on the equipment they feel they need -- would peace cost less?? You know it would, just the opportunity costs -- well for Indian friends to contemplate.

Chinese companies will also manage ports in lanka, you think you're uncomfortable now?

But with peaceful relations no need to feel uncomfortable, IN docks, sailors drink and do what ever else sailors do in ports and back to work - all mundane normal stuff, but for all that you need peace. Psychology is such an over powering aspect, I am developing an appreciation for it almost by the second.

Port management by CHinese compamies is certainly not an issue but if Chinese military vessels make them as a regular hub, its a big problem, not only in Pakistan but Sri Lanka too.

Well, offcourse, peace can certainly take us forward but given complexity of the issues between us lets not wait till eternity for them to get resolved.

Actually its not imperative on India's part to resolve Kashmir to make money.

We are doing it anyways

Well then you won't be interested in the offer, isn't that so? I mean you guys are doing so well and all that, any ways:cheers:

so again mess will start in balochistan by powers who dont wanna see china on gate of gulf.hell i see more blood from now.

Perhaps, but if we can be made to shy away in our own country, why even bother - anyways, I hope you are incorrect - and it seems to me that Pakistani authorities have made this decision after a great deal of deliberation -- they have calibrated their response to the policy of another power, and at least in my opinion, it is the correct response - to be relevant, well, you have to be relevant. Pakistan it was hoped would turn away from her brother ally, it won't, Pakistan it was thought could be rolled up, it can't - this game requires some patience and nerves, both in short supply among those who seek to make an impression on us.

so again mess will start in balochistan by powers who dont wanna see china on gate of gulf.hell i see more blood from now.

I just want to say that you need to worry about other countries, but do not worry about China, China hope to trade security environment, so want a stable Pakistan, not chaos. I think China even are willing to invest in infrastructure in balochistan to help Pakistan government to stabilize the chaos, of course, China can only help the economy, others rely on Pakistan government .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom