What's new

Pakistan Reaches Out for Russian Arms

Oh please Webby lets have a bit comedy on this forum !

Why ban ?

The forum is made to be a serious platform, not for comedy and childish trash.

i agree no ban - let the man speak - we can hold up our end - so far we have

You cannot abuse a country childishly for whose platform your using. Have some courtesy and respect for it. Otherwise lose it all.

j-10 is best because it is 4.5th generation jet with An Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar,
we also talk to Russia for new submarines & su-35 jets

The whole of Pakistan and jehadi mess is indirect fallout of russian bigoted politcs of expansionism and unwarranted animosity towards Pakistan. The sooner thet get out of that mindset the sooner we can establish peace in Central Asia.

The whole of Pakistan and jehadi mess is indirect fallout of russian bigoted politcs of expansionism and unwarranted animosity towards Pakistan. The sooner thet get out of that mindset the sooner we can establish peace in Central Asia.

Adding some thing more:
1. USSR wanted access to warm waters, they had eyes on Gwadar in1980s.
2. Afghanistan was a bit secular country before the Afghan USSR invasion.

Afghanistan Remembered

AFGHANISTAN REMEMBERED
by Jackie Jura

Travelling in Afghanistan in the early '70s my impressions of the people were so strong that I believe I was struck to the heart and have carried a piece of that nation in my soul ever since.

The attitude of the people toward Westerners was different from that of any country I'd visited before or after in the overland route from Europe to Australia. They looked you straight in the eye and put their best foot forward to show their culture and country at its best. They took pride in showing the sights of their villages and cities and joyfully extended hospitality. It was as though they wanted us to understand how dedicated they were to preserving their lifestyle; that it wasn't by accident they lived as they did, but by choice. They weren't a people longing for modernization and envying our ability to travel and consume, as had been the case in Iran. They didn't wear the yoke of oppression, but on the contrary were determined to maintain their manner of living at any cost.

Last edited by a moderator:
all my esteemed colleagues r making strong justifications for their assumptions.
india/pak have a long way to go (unfortunately) in trusting each other.
russia would only sell offensive weapons systems to pakistan if india opts for us a/c in their RFP for MMRCA (according to arms control today website - us has offered F-16, F/A-18 and the F-35 to india v. the russian MiG-35). the website opines that most probably india will opt for the MiG-35.
if that is the case, then russia would only sell non-lethal weapons systems to pak like Mi-17 etc.

I WOULD LIKE TO DISAGREE ON THIS. india and russian relation is way deeper than the mrca contract,even now russia is the topmost arms supplier to india and will stay as it is without the mrca deal,india is developing 5th gen fighter aircraft with russia and medium transport aircraft jst a few project to talk .soon india will be a center where russian fighters will be repaired which r aquired by other air forces...although recently india has started to lean towards west but india will not leave russia not in the next 5 decades atleast.

u can look at the inventory of the indian armed forces more than 70 percent it is of russian origin

Back
Top Bottom