What's new

Pakistan Ranked 4th in IT exports

Remittances vs Export

Pakistan's IT industry annual export revenue for 2013-14 is estimated at $1.5 billion out of which only one/fourth of the revenue ($370 million) was repatriated back to Pakistan through banking channels as per research report of international IT Consulting Firm, M/s BearingPoint. According to BearingPoint's study, IT companies remit only the cost of their operations in Pakistan and keep the remaining revenue abroad. The annual IT export revenue repatriated back to Pakistan through banking channels as report by the State Bank of Pakistan has shown tremendous growth over the past decade from $32.89 million in 2003-04 to US $370 million in the FY2013-14 and expected to reach $1.0 billion by 2020.
New taxation plan for IT sector drafted | Business Recorder

By these (above) standards Indians must have half a trillion worth of Exports.
If Pakistanis do that, why not Indians?

What's the point in developing an OS??

1. the main point behind designing qnx os was to provide a alternative towards a responsive, general-purpose and reliable os for needs where rebooting is not the option... needs like factory machines, medical systems and automotives.

2. the two designers did it because they can.

Yeah more than 100 billion USD worth of IT export for a third world country is a non-achievement.

money-wise fine but intellectually... what??

1. the main point behind designing qnx os was to provide a alternative towards a responsive, general-purpose and reliable os for needs where rebooting is not the option... needs like factory machines, medical systems and automotives.

I accept your points to develop a homemade processor, thats monopoly of two companies, and we should break it.

But developing a new OS for public use, is nonsense, there are no returns in this investment.

By these (above) standards Indians must have half a trillion worth of Exports.
If Pakistanis do that, why not Indians?

I don't know about India but for Pakistan my earlier stated export figure of US$ 2Billion for 2014-15 stands correct:-) I technically earned a thanks from you:azn:

1-the present OS are doing the task without any problems.....so there is no need for another one as of now
2-we can also do it....we are not doing it because we don't need it and it's economically not an good option

don't be silly... all it takes are brains... qnx os, the best in the world, had the first version written by two people and it mainstreamed the microkernel architecture.

cannot infosys with its big money ( formerly ) and 100,000+ employees not have written a os.

all else is excuses.

"bharat open operating system solutions" linux... boss linux. :hitwall:
Best OS in the World ? Windows.. Windows 7 was the best. Windows 8.1 is also great.

How about 10

I have not used it yet. But I hear its quite good as well.

In my experience, Windows 7 was the best. I started using 8.1 because it was providing touch-screen facilities.

Windows is World's most used platform with the largest range of softwares available. Windows based systems are easy to upgrade as well (try adding a new graphics card to a mac, you will know what I mean). Best bang for the buck.

I have not used it yet. But I hear its quite good as well.

In my experience, Windows 7 was the best. I started using 8.1 because it was providing touch-screen facilities.

Windows is World's most used platform with the largest range of softwares available. Windows based systems are easy to upgrade as well (try adding a new graphics card to a mac, you will know what I mean). Best bang for the buck.
10 is the last version

Now MS will be providing upgrades in patches . ..so no more 11,12..

10 is the last version

Now MS will be providing upgrades in patches . ..so no more 11,12..

Yes I heard that news. Don't know what that means. I have one android tablet, one ipad air, one Windows 8.1 based laptop and one Windows 7 based desktop. Its the desktop I like the best.

Best OS in the World ? Windows.. Windows 7 was the best. Windows 8.1 is also great.

can you trust windows 7 to work properly within medical instruments and so on??

I accept your points to develop a homemade processor, thats monopoly of two companies, and we should break it.

well, monopoly of more than two... intel, arm, ibm, amd, mips, sun.

and yes, the monopoly must be broken... there must be a non-western processor that should take over the western designers' market.

But developing a new OS for public use, is nonsense, there are no returns in this investment.

but it will be a fine intellectual challenge... all these computer course students that flood out out indian colleges every year ( 300,000 as of 2011 ) are essentially useless because their colleges are just meant as preparations for jobs and nothing towards actual education and intellectual development... they should really get on with creating a os.

Yes I heard that news. Don't know what that means. I have one android tablet, one ipad air, one Windows 8.1 based laptop and one Windows 7 based desktop. Its the desktop I like the best.
Yeah 7 was good
I use MS server 2012 R2 in my office

but it will be a fine intellectual challenge... all these computer course students that flood out out indian colleges every year ( 300,000 as of 2011 ) are essentially useless because their colleges are just meant as preparations for jobs and nothing towards actual education and intellectual development... they should really get on with creating a os.
But India is not USA or China. India currently suffering with fund crunch, see even for this type of development govt. have to give some incentives, so the people forget about job. But you see these types of development in few years.

Even single DARPA program spending billions of billions dollar on research work, did we have any program like this in India?

Back
Top Bottom