What's new

Pakistan Ranked 4th in IT exports

can you trust windows 7 to work properly within medical instruments and so on??

Adding a jet engine to a cycle's body does not turn it into a fighter plane buddy.

I understand this, there is no one solution for everything, that's why customizations are necessary.

But Windows is pretty stable, I have seen it being used in ATMs.

see even for this type of development govt. have to give some incentives, so the people forget about job.

good point, and other societies have addressed that in different way... either by providing unemployment money ( libya ) or cultural support for risk-taking ( usa ) or politically ( israel ).

1-the present OS are doing the task without any problems.....so there is no need for another one as of now

it would be intellectually exhilarating... otherwise, no technological or political progress would have been done if people had been satisfied with status quo.

2-we can also do it....we are not doing it because we don't need it and it's economically not an good option

why should money decide the goals??

and surely, infosys and cognizant and tcs have enough money to set aside a office and ten people for this purpose.

it would be intellectually exhilarating... otherwise, no technological or political progress would have been done if people had been satisfied with status quo.

and surely, infosys and cognizant and tcs has enough money to set aside a office and ten people for this purpose.
Why should they ??
There is no need for it...

Market trends define the technology that a company invests on.....

See for example....cloud computing or cognitive intelligence.......cognitive intelligence is not as easy as developing a OS with 2 people.....but since there is a demand for it Wipro has invested and made Holmes which will be supporting IBM's Watson....

People are intellectual enough to do things but when there is no need no one will invest in those things

and surely, infosys and cognizant and tcs have enough money to set aside a office and ten people for this purpose.

every technology in this world decided by two things, if you generalized:-

1) Money
2) War

Adding a jet engine to a cycle's body does not turn it into a fighter plane buddy.

i was talking about reliability, where qnx triumphs over windows.

I understand this, there is no one solution for everything, that's why customizations are necessary.

believe me, had qnx created a consortium of card manufacturers ( like via and intel ) ten years ago and created a simpler specification set for audio/video etc, qnx os would have been the top os.

i was talking about reliability, where qnx triumphs over windows.
Is it because of the unreliability of Windows that is used in more than 90% PCs ?
believe me, had qnx created a consortium of card manufacturers ( like via and intel ) ten years ago and created a simpler specification set for audio/video etc, qnx os would have been the top os.
Let's not compare apples with oranges.

2 billion only ? and Rank four ?

Top for would definitely consist of US china Japan and India .

TCS revenue for 14-15 : 15.5 billion
CTS revenue : 10.6 billion
Infosys revenue : 8.71 billion
Wipro revenue : 7.5 billion

I will leave other companies to imagination . Ranking has been pulled out of thin air for sure !! .
HCL 6.5 billion

Is it because of the unreliability of Windows that is used in more than 90% PCs ?

a pc can be rebooted if it hangs and a document can be retyped... this should not have been but it is the truth.

but with a medical instrument...

Getting onto OS question.

Linux and its eco system has given a good opensource solution to build your own customized flavour of OS. The whole concept behind Linux is to give you freedom. So why should any country now push efforts to develop something new unless Linux has some inherent flaws.

Do you know Foxconn, they dont have there phones, games consoles, dektops or laptops but they are worlds larges electronics contract manufacturer. There revenue is almost 60-70% of Pakistan GDP.

Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd., trading as Foxconn Technology Group, is a Taiwanese multinational electronics contract manufacturing company headquartered in Tucheng, New Taipei, Taiwan. It is the world's largest electronics contractor manufacturer,[3] and the third-largest information technology company by revenue.[4]

Foxconn is primarily a contract manufacturer and its clients include major American, European, and Japanese electronics and information technology companies. Notable products that the company manufactures include the BlackBerry,[5] iPad,[6] iPhone,[7] Kindle,[8] PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Wii U.[9]

If we are not developing any OS for consumer market, than it doesnt mean that we dont know it, we are already doing good job and helping in production of OS that are being globally used.

Pakistan raking 4th in IT exports is far fetched creation of author/writer/reporter. There are plenty of other countries doing good exports in IT in range for few billion USD. And as far as freelancing is concern check ODESK / Elance and you will find which countries rule and lead the freelance market in IT domain.

You mean to say Pakistan IT export numbers are higher than China.....wow :D
Even if I believe that you export number is $2bn not $500....That means China IT export is less than $2 bn :D

Back
Top Bottom