What's new

Pakistan protests Iran over cross-border mortars

There is no need to get so touchy about Iran's mischievous behavior. Iran is sanctioned and cornered from all sides, it's to easy to take revenge from Iran under the present circumstances --- get wholeheartedly on the American bandwagon and bleed them by cutting down on food exports, canceling various projects, implement uncle Sam's sanctions enthusiastically!

Ya-ya-ya I know we are short no energy, which we may "one day" be getting from Iran --- however, if we play our cards right and happily join the American campaign to help de-nuclearize Iran by "all means" necessary, Iran will fall back in line. And at the same time, we can get some cookie points. :P

And the best option would be, fully recognize Israel, that would put some people in Tehran on serious notice.

May i know when was MY NATION (Pakistan) broken into 2 ??????
Kindly do not represent your dreams as reality.Please remember 14th August 1947 when india was broken into 2.. Thanks

After this:

pakistan-surrender.jpg

Anyway lets stick to the topic..

1. In 1948 there was a border conflict between Pakistan and Iran. This was patched up. Shah of Iran visited Quetta even dining with the officers of the unit involved. He had presented an exquisite Persian carpet to the Mess.

2. The religious sect of the strong men/women of Pakistan may be noted. Jinnah was technically an Ismaili of the Shia sect. In early life he did not practice religion as such, but by the time he died he had become a perfect Muslim living beyond sects. Liaqat Ali Khan was a Shia. Khwaja Nazimuddin was a Kashmiri Shia although the family had merged with the Bengalee Muslim culture where sects don't exist. Ghulam Mohammad was said to be a Qadyiani. Iskandar Mirza was a Shia. Ayub was the first Sunni strongman. He was ousted by machinations of Yahya and ZAB - both Shias. Another Shia, the Shah of Iran had come over personally to convince Ayub to leave without a fight. Thereafter,till Zardari, only Gen Zia and Nawaz Sharif were the Sunni leaders of Pakistan.

There is no need to get so touchy about Iran's mischievous behavior. Iran is sanctioned and cornered from all sides, it's to easy to take revenge from Iran under the present circumstances --- get wholeheartedly on the American bandwagon and bleed them by cutting down on food exports, canceling various projects, implement uncle Sam's sanctions enthusiastically!

Ya-ya-ya I know we are short no energy, which we may "one day" be getting from Iran --- however, if we play our cards right and happily join the American campaign to help de-nuclearize Iran by "all means" necessary, Iran will fall back in line. And at the same time, we can get some cookie points. :P

And the best option would be, fully recognize Israel, that would put some people in Tehran on serious notice.

Holy Crap ! :blink:

I wouldn't want you as my enemy ! :fie:

Actually I would - A couple of tins of God's finest Naswar, some Kastoori Kebab's with melted cheese lathered on top of them, a fresh from the tandoor Roghni Naan & you'd dance...baby you'd dance to my wishes ! :rofl:

Come to think of it, I'm hungry - Some Boneless Handi, some Kastoori Kebab, Chicken Tikkas & a fresh Afghani naann (them big ones) would do it ! :D

1. In 1948 there was a border conflict between Pakistan and Iran. This was patched up. Shah of Iran visited Quetta even dining with the officers of the unit involved. He had presented an exquisite Persian carpet to the Mess.

2. The religious sect of the strong men/women of Pakistan may be noted. Jinnah was technically an Ismaili of the Shia sect. In early life he did not practice religion as such, but by the time he died he had become a perfect Muslim living beyond sects. Liaqat Ali Khan was a Shia. Khwaja Nazimuddin was a Kashmiri Shia although the family had merged with the Bengalee Muslim culture where sects don't exist. Ghulam Mohammad was said to be a Qadyiani. Iskandar Mirza was a Shia. Ayub was the first Sunni strongman. He was ousted by machinations of Yahya and ZAB - both Shias. Another Shia, the Shah of Iran had come over personally to convince Ayub to leave without a fight. Thereafter,till Zardari, only Gen Zia and Nawaz Sharif were the Sunni leaders of Pakistan.

We know that Asad Bhai, we've never had any problems electing Shias to the office & we remember the time of the Shah with fondness. Whats the point you're trying to make ?

Iran is a strange country after the revolution. They hate nearly everyone in this world. They hate Israel. They America. They hate Saudi Arabia. They hate all arabs. They hate UAE. They hate turkey. They have fought war with Iraq. They don't like Pakistan.

We should remain calm on this incident. Just protest through diplomatic channels. That's it. Iran would be back to senses soon. Like always.

We know that Asad Bhai, we've never had any problems electing Shias to the office & we remember the time of the Shah with fondness. Whats the point you're trying to make ?

1. Merely narrating facts for all its worth.

2. Btw, during 1971 it was said in various quarters that the Shah had wanted Pakistan to get rid of the eastern wing. It was also said, the Shahinshah had fancied himself as modern Darius/Xyrus ruling over a territory from the Indus valley to the Mediterranean. Those were the days when Adam Malik in Indonesia and the Shah were considered the American confidantes of the region.

3. My experience of Pakistan is pre-71 when there was never even a war of words between the two sects, let alone killings. I have prayed in the mosque standing next to a shia friend. There are many who have married into the other sect. The Great Ayatullh Khomeini's principal teaching was to bring the Shias closer to the Sunnis. That is the so called export of ideology that the West had accused him of.

2. Btw, during 1971 it was said in various quarters that the Shah had wanted Pakistan to get rid of the eastern wing. It was also said, the Shahinshah had fancied himself as modern Darius/Xyrus ruling over a territory from the Indus valley to the Mediterranean. Those were the days when Adam Malik in Indonesia and the Shah were considered the American confidantes of the region.

3. My experience of Pakistan is pre-71 when there was never even a war of words between the two sects, let alone killings. I have prayed in the mosque standing next to a shia friend. There are many who have married into the other sect. The Great Ayatullh Khomeini's principal teaching was to bring the Shias closer to the Sunnis. That is the so called export of ideology that the West had accused him of.

Of course you guys don't like being called slaves. You like being called Indians. I can post the links if you want? :undecided:

The sad part is, pakistan is now struggling for it's own survival from it's own mistakes. Let's not bring India in here because it has nothing to do with the topic. But I have to correct your fallacies before I head to bed. 26/11 was a huge setback for pakistan, we're not the ones harboring terrorists. If we were, we wouldn't be used as another nation's biotch just like you guys are today. India has it's own internal problems to sort out and yes underweight is one out of the bigger ones. You guys aren't too far either. Your HDI is lower than India's :woot:
And meat is allowed in India, not in certain areas though that Hindus perceive sacred such as Benares, Haridwar etc. It's like me eating ribs in the middle of Haj.
Truth is you guys can cloak yourself in whatever imagination and fantasies you want. At the end of the day, it's your own @ss that's being chewed out by your own faults.

So why indians turn it into indian vs pak thread if it pak / iran topic. whenever iran n pak problem topic are listed, indians come to troll cant even answer the questions they get asked but resort cheap insults.

I respect your views & I agree with them but what its worth, in hindsight, having an Independent Bangladesh with friendly relations & perhaps even a Treaty or Two between Pakistan & it would have been a lot better than the disconnect that existed between the two Wings, the sacrifices of the Bengalis that went unnoticed & the miscommunication & mistrust that it bred.

P.S Yes people have inter-married quite a lot in the past, unfortunately there was a lull during the Zia era & the Extremists coming to the front more vocally but thats being addressed right now too with the next generation going about inter-marrying again.

A thread about Iran and Pakistan gone 20 pages without one comment from an actual Iranian living in Iran while Indians come to bicker and spread ***** as usual on a topic that does not concern them. PDF Iranians scared to comment for some reason while emotional Pakistanis getting ready to declare war on everything that has a pulse. Amazing...

A thread about Iran and Pakistan gone 20 pages without one comment from an actual Iranian living in Iran while Indians come to bicker and spread ***** as usual on a topic that does not concern them. PDF Iranians scared to comment for some reason while emotional Pakistanis getting ready to declare war on everything that has a pulse. Amazing...

They don't have the 'face' to reply. If you know what that means.

Back
Top Bottom