What's new

Pakistan not responsible for failure in Afghanistan: McCain

Afghanistan has been a breeding ground for violence its entire history. Of course they need someone to blame it from making themselves look bad. They boast about how they made us Pakistanis Muslims yet they continue to strengthen ties with Hindus. Afghans and Indians are a match made in heaven.

While we were quick to appreciate Mc Cain for what is actually a jab at Pres. Obama. It could be said that he is a good source to push for Pakistan's case since he and our establishment guys get along.

Kudos to you for keeping your responses civil and respectful, even we both seem to disagree on certain argumentation.

Ok on topic, what kind of solution do you have stopping this bad blood between us? For me it is very simple, this cycle will only stop when both AF-PAK address each other's genuine grievances and to verify all these steps via a neutral body such as Turkey.

Make sense ?
So u want us to trust those thugs who Capture Kabul by gun with the help of US.People who r not loyel with their own motherland.U want us to trust them?Turkey is a friendly country but Afghan govt is a puppit govt,Who capture Kabul by force.Govt set up by US.

While we were quick to appreciate Mc Cain for what is actually a jab at Pres. Obama. It could be said that he is a good source to push for Pakistan's case since he and our establishment guys get along.
He is a republican so I understand the first part. But many republicans are not happy with Pakistan. Democrats are more friendlier with us. I do not think a few republicans can help us no matter how powerful they might be. All Senaters have to keep up with the public view and the public is not in our favour.

I dont think its a matter of one guy liking another, its a matter of interests. Right now Pakistan supports groups that threaten US interests, as in direct kinetic threat vis-a-vis US soldiers, bases and also the AF government which is a strategic ally of the United States.

He is a republican so I understand the first part. But many republicans are not happy with Pakistan. Democrats are more friendlier with us. I do not think a few republicans can help us no matter how powerful they might be. All Senaters have to keep up with the public view and the public is not in our favour.

It is a matter of interests, not chummy relationships, though buddy relationship may smoothen the things but it will have lesser of strategic effects. US wants a stable Afghanistan and economically viable Afghanistan, it wants permanent military presence in Afghanistan, any such measures that threaten these goals will be deemed hostile, so the question is where does Pakistan stand on all this? A brief look will tell you that current GHQ policies are in complete obtuse to US interests and thus there will be tension between US and Pak.

I for one think that Afghans would be naive to put all their dirty laundry in the GHQ's basket, since issues like corruption, nepotism are not the creations of the GHQ but internal Afghan problems. Furthermore issues such as cross border terrorism, suicide bombings, beheading etc are of course done via GHQ proxies and there is no doubt where they get their trainings, funding and logistics.

As for what Senator John McCain statement's I see it more a reflection of US internal politics aka democrats vs republicans than GHQ's policies vis-a-vis Afghanistan.

PS : Mullah Mansoor was found in Baluchistan, Mullah Omar was treated in Karachi and current Tali head honcho is in Quetta and not in the backyard of Obama.

Then why does the US govt. and Afghan govt. 'appeal' the Taliban to negotiate peace? Why does the Afghan govt. requests Pakistan to help with negotiating with the Talban? I order to help the negotiations, Pakistan will facilitate the Afghan Taliban.

Another option is that Afghan govt. stop requesting Pakistan's help and order the Afghan army to beat Taliban :)

The failure of USA in Afghanistan is not the responsibility of Pakistan, 56 countries along with India were fighting against Afghan Taliban since 2001. Pakistan provide logistic support to its 2nd enemy USA against Taliban.

ohhhhh finally some American used his brain . now i can die in peace :rolleyes::cry:

Americans always use their brain. Their every move is calculated. They know exactly which politician to send at what time. It's the Pakistanis that are so naive to understand their "carrot and stick" approach. Recent NSG hustle and bustle by the US rang alrams in pindi. McCain is the all wise grandfather figure set aside by the US to do the "you are our boys" thing. He is just oiling up before his visit.

Americans always use their brain. Their every move is calculated. They know exactly which politician to send at what time. It's the Pakistanis that are so naive to understand their "carrot and stick" approach. Recent NSG hustle and bustle by the US rang alrams in pindi. McCain is the all wise grandfather figure set aside by the US to do the "you are our boys" thing. He is just oiling up before his visit.
Why US use her brain for her failure after the use of full power?

Why US use her brain for her failure after the using of full power?

Abandoning Pak is not a policy, ignoring Pak is not an option..

The US policymakers want to forget Pak, but they can't do without Pak. No matter how much shiny Indian promises are, dusty realties of Pak out-hook that at any round of the game..

It's really a "the horn of the dilemma" situation..

It is a matter of interests, not chummy relationships, though buddy relationship may smoothen the things but it will have lesser of strategic effects. US wants a stable Afghanistan and economically viable Afghanistan, it wants permanent military presence in Afghanistan, any such measures that threaten these goals will be deemed hostile, so the question is where does Pakistan stand on all this? A brief look will tell you that current GHQ policies are in complete obtuse to US interests and thus there will be tension between US and Pak.

no one in your neighborhood want that especially China.. @Chinese-Dragon

Abandoning Pak is not a policy, ignoring Pak is not an option..

The US policymakers want to forget Pak, but they can't do without Pak. No matter how much shiny Indian promises are, dusty realties of Pak out-hook that at any round of the game..

It's really a "the horn of the dilemma" situation..

Can you give some concrete examples of how Pakistan has outflanked India vis-a-vis its relations with the US in the recent past.?

I for one disagree with your argumentation, as there are no permanent allies or foes in geo-policies, with US relations being normalized with Iran, India coming as global power, Afghanistan as US alley, Pakistan increasingly going towards China, I foresee rapidly changing geo political considerations, how much Pakistan weighs in US calculations is being over estimated in your calculus. If the F16 and NSG sagas be as an example of things to come, I think Pakistan's leverage vis-a-vis the US probably in the going down trajectory.

Anyways this is my understanding of the situation, maybe I have got it completely wrong :)

no one in your neighborhood want that especially China.. @Chinese-Dragon

Pakistan is not China :)

GHQ policies are in complete obtuse to US interests and thus there will be tension between US and Pak.
Well as US is looking out for its interests, Pakistan is doing the same for its national interests. GHQ is just aligning its policies for its interests. I guess, it cannot be helped.

You ca n't have stability in Pak unless your neighbourhood especially AF is stable and peaceful, there are some lessons for you as to what happened unfortunately in Turkey the other day.

If Syria burns, the heat has definitely reached Turkey, suicide bombings were unheard off in Turkey a couple years ago.

While neighbouring countries war does affect your own country its not necessarily like that always . Afghanistan is in a state of war since 79 . But we were in complete peace from 79 - 2005 .

Pakistan of 2016 is at its most peacefull in more than a decade thanks to major operations . While Afghanistan never at peace any point of time is going worse .

Back
Top Bottom